December 21, 2014 | 1297 users online

Cleansers - Lancome - Mousse Confort- Foaming Cream Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2007 1:29:00 PM More reviews by alex011188

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I started using Lancome products back in September when I started a treatment called Zinyert a chemical solution to treat my teenage acne. I have since gone through two Lancome products, the Nutrix Royal cream which was my skin saviour during the winter and healed my face nicely. I then started using the hydrazen cream which give me a wonderful clear complexion. I then decided that I should buy a Lancome cleanser. I first of all bought the Gel Clarte, and after a few days of usage, my face broke out in spots and was very red. I then went to a Lancome counter where I received an package to place my cleanser in and sent it to Lancome head office in London. Only surprise I heard back from them the next day and within a week I received the mousse confort. I have now used this for four days and my skin and fantastic once again. It remains soft all day long and the mousse consistency is really nice. My chin (where all my spots tend to be) seems to have healed up, with no redness and less blemishes. I think after using this product I will stick to using 100% no alcohol cleansers as this must have an impact in my skin. I also believe that the problem with the Lancome Clarte range is perhaps the pineapple and papaya extracts which did not seem to help my skin at all. I am also on Lancomes Aqua fusion gel cream which has really beautified my skin as it does contain radiance boosting ingredients. I would also recommend Dior's rinse off cleansing balm which is a very nice delicate cleanser which is beautifully fragranced. I would definitely recommend Lancomes Mousse Confort even if your skin isnít dry, it is fantastic for Sensitive skin, and as I feel is suitable for both men and woman (as I am a man myself). And remember with all skincare products the golden rule "Less is more".

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2007 3:48:00 AM More reviews by absolut_blonde

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is way too drying for my normal-dry skin (I am also using an alcohol-based retinol, which dries out my skin more than usual in addition to making it more sensitive). Whenever I use this before bed, my skin is dry and flaky next day no matter what I do.

That being said, I gave it 3 lipsticks because it MIGHT be appropriate for someone with oily skin. Furthermore, it *does* remove my makeup and leaves my skin very (squeaky) clean. It just isn't appropriate for my skin, but it might work for someone without dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2006 8:37:00 PM More reviews by TerracottaSun

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had a couple of sealed Lancome gift with purchases I hadn't used so I decided to give them as Christmas presents but also wanted to include something I had actually paid for so I bought 2 of the Mousse Confort cleansers. I remember I used this cleanser over a year ago & was quite pleased with it's cleansing ability & the lovely scent. I enjoyed the soft foam & how a little went a long way, so it is my hope that those I gave this to will feel the same. This is a nice soft cleanser I believe is great for combination skin types during the winter, & dry skin types all year round. My Dior cleansers I wrote a review on far superceed this as prima donna's however this is a great cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2006 9:17:00 PM More reviews by stephhamilton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This isn't bad but it isn't fantastic either, since i have started using this (and this is the only thing that has changed in my routine) I have been experiencing a few more breakouts than usual so I don't think i will be purchasing again. Nice fragrance though!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2006 12:28:00 AM More reviews by cath414

This cleanser gives me a lot of blackheads and whiteheads. I think it washes makeup or dirt off the face well but the moisturising ingridients in it makes my skin break out!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2006 2:31:00 PM More reviews by nicolley77

i'm not really a fan of lancome, but i bought this because of a free gift incentive. i'm not really a fan of this cleanser either. it's marketed as a gentle cleanser for dry skin but when i use it, it's totally harsh. it makes my skin feel dry and tight, and it stings my eyes if the product gets close to them! gentle cleansers, in my opinion, should be able to be used as eye makeup removers too. not so with this one. i would say if you are looking for an oily skin cleanser, this might do the trick, but it didn't for my purposes. i'm going to stay away from lancome next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2006 2:48:00 AM More reviews by nanalalaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

love this cleanser. like the creamy texture and sweet scent. i have combo skin but tends to get drier in winter. i love using this in winter, it leaves my skin really soft and hydrated. a bit pricy, but i'll still repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2006 11:17:00 PM More reviews by kandy_rocks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I find Lancome's Mousse Confort Foaming Cream Cleanser to be an okay cleanser, however not for my Normal/Dry Skin as it's marketed for. After using this cleanser, my skin tightens up and dries up almost instantly.

With my current skincare regime my skin is actually more normal than dry, even though we are in the middle of the driest skin season here in Michigan. With my other cleansers (Estee Lauder Soft Clean Moisture Rich Foaming cleanser, Paula's Choice One Step N/D, Clarins One-Step Exfoliating or Dove) I am not experiencing the tight, dry scaly skin at all.

I gave this to my daughter who has combo skin & it reminded her of washing her face with bar soap. It was 'rubbery' feeling.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2005 10:50:00 AM More reviews by emilyy

This Gentel cleaners is good for winter, instantly comforting formula contains honey and sweet almond extracts to cleanse dry skin with a soft, comforted feeling.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2005 3:25:00 PM More reviews by blueaygi

ok...i'm not sure if its this cleanser but i normally don't have that many blackhead or whiteheads...but ever since i started using a sample of this i have been gettin them like crazy! i literally am extracting blackheads every night! my skin feels extremely tight after i use it too =T the only plus i can think of right now is the scent! it smells great!!