July 31, 2014 | 1295 users online

Lip Treatments - Chapstick - lipbalm

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2006 6:12:00 PM More reviews by shallot

I've been a chapstick user on and off since I was little. I usually opt for the strawberry flavour because I love the smell. I think it does wonders for the lips, especially when they're chapped. I often put it on before I go to bed as well and my lips are usually smooth and soft when I wake up in the mornings. This is one of my favourite balms alongside Carmex. I would definitely buy again. My one concern is that I love the smell and the taste so much I tend to apply it more so than I usually would so I often use up a whole tub quicker than I'd expect.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2006 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Banana_Babe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The tube that I got tastes discusting. Smells discusting. Main reason I will never buy this again. Not sure about what else it does, I didn't pay attention ; I just immediately wiped it off.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2006 7:35:00 PM More reviews by spaghetina

I used to swear by this stuff in my late teens. I'd carry the flavored versions everywhere I went and slather them on constantly, but I have to admit that it was more for the flavors, and less for the moisture. There isn't a single incarnation of this that I've found is moisturizing for my lips (which, it seems, are very picky when it comes to which products they like and do not like). I still had tubes of this stuff lying around from almost a decade ago (unopened packages, mind you, lol) so I decidedto try it again recently. No go. Still the same, and on my already dry lips, it only managed to make them worse. :( Oh well... I'll keep trying others. There's one out there that's totally amazing, and I'm determined to find it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2006 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Ruth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ah... the familiar scent of, what is it, menthol? This is an old fashioned product without glamour; but it works. I had a coral shade of lipstick that turned a deep rose on me. I remembered all the professional makeup artists who recommend lip balm. Using lip gloss makes the lipstick sheerer and slippery so it doesn't last long. Lip balm provides moisture and the lipstick doesn't slide. Chapstick is a lip balm - maybe the cheapest of them all. I put a coating on my lips and brushed on the lipstick. It works! It keeps my lips soft, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2006 5:42:00 AM More reviews by aesynia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using chapstick (multiple types) since I was 8 years old, and wow, do I ever love this stuff. It's a must--I keep multiple tubes for home, dorm, purse, make up bag, and bathrooms. Not only does it make my lips kissably soft (with SPF, even!), but it's also good in a pinch for cuticles and even eyebrows. If I have absolutely no time to do my face in the morning, this is part of my "cannot leave the house without applying" routine, along with a smidge of eyeliner and more chapstick on my brows. Obviously, not the best brow tamer, but I love it on those days where I barely have time to brush my hair. On those rare occasions where I am caught without it in my purse, it's super easy to pick one up at a gas station for pennies, no matter where you live.

Gotta love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2006 6:48:00 PM More reviews by babyblue59

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE MINT CHAPSTICK!!!!! It smells amazing and I love the texture. The imint smell is so familiar to me, but I can't put my finger on it..... yes it is green in the tube, but I promise it doesn't show on your lips at all, other wise I wouldn't use it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2005 8:38:00 PM More reviews by VoteForPedro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried all the chap stick flavors, and none of them smell very appealing. They don't taste great, either. As for moisterizing, I tink Blistex does a better job.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2005 1:45:00 AM More reviews by ashleybabes

Okay...I am just obsessed with Chapstick. I use the plain one (in the black tube) or Cherry. I really don't care for the Strawberry or Mint ones...maybe it is just my imagination, but they don't seem to moisturize as well. I keep tubes of the black and cherry everywhere...and I like to alternate which one I use. I use up a Cherry, then start on a plain one...and so on, and so on. Honestly, I don't know why I buy expensive balms because I always go back to this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2005 10:48:00 AM More reviews by LadyChristine

I keep rebuying Chapstick tubes even though I hardly ever use them. I find Chapstick very soothing on application because of its creamy and waxy thick texture. I like the flavors in Mint and Cherry the best. The Mint flavor, my favorite, is a subtle spearmint and the classic Cherry makes me slightly nostalgic because I remember using it as a child. Chapstick was my very first beauty product and I still remember how much I enjoyed using my tube of Cherry Chapstick when I was six.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2005 11:56:00 PM More reviews by SmadGirl

I hate ChapStick. It feels waxy and is not moisturizing in the LEAST. I have a 3 pack, one of each : cherry, original and the moisture one. They all suck. When I smack my lips, I dont feel anything on them and if anything it makes them drier therefore I keep applying more. I will never buy this again.