Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess

Talc, Zinc Stearate, c12-15 alkyl octanoate, c9-15 fluoroalcohol phosphates, lauroyl lysine, acrylates copolymer, pentaerythrityl, tetraoctanoate, farnesylacetate, farnesol, bisabolol, pathenyl triacetate, BHT, phenoxyethanol, isopropylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben, mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides

on 6/18/2013 6:27:00 PM

This ranks very high in my expanding bronzer collection! Comes in a large compact that's easy to open. Beautiful, natural color. I have this in 'Medium' and it has essentially become the bronzer I use the most. Be aware that this in 'Light' is more golden-brown-yellow and 'Medium' is a more coppery-natural-brown that I find works best with my NW20 skin-tone. 'Medium-Deep' is a darker version of 'Light' (more golden) and 'Deep' is a darker version of 'Medium'.
I often get compliments on how nice my tan looks :). Expensive at 36$ (ish) but you get a lot of powder. Highly recommend!

on 6/7/2013 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

LOVE this bronzer!! I have medium to dark skin and this shows up great on my face! I have it in shade medium deep and I can use it as a bronzer and for contouring, which is hard to find with my skin color. I can find good contouring powders, but it's hard to find a bronzer that can show up on medium dark skin and not look like a highlighter, not have too much sparkle and not show up too orange.

on 5/28/2013 6:12:00 PM

This was my HG bronzer 10+ years ago (see review below, my opinions still hold true) and I recently rediscovered when EL relaunched it as part of their Bronze Goddess Collection for Spring 2013. It's the same formula/ingredients as the previous incarnation (thankfully!), but it now comes in 4 shades: Light, Medium, Medium Deep, and Deep. The shade names are misleading, though, because they don't go from light-to-dark. Rather, the difference between them is undertone: Light is peachy, Medium is rosy, Medium Deep is yellow, Deep is red-bronze. For example, I thought I would wear Light since I have a light skintone (MAC NC20), but after chatting with an EL MA and having her explain the color-system, she then tested a few shades on me and Medium was perfect for my skintone. FYI, for those that were fans of the previous Matte Bronzer, the shade Medium is the same. I was informed of this both during a Live Chat on and by the EL MA. Although, I no longer have my old compact to compare the two. I also love the new compact, which has an elegant tortoise shell pattern.

Bronze Goddess Powder Bronzer (from EL Customer Service, 2013):

My original review from 2002:
This is a fabulous bronzer for fair to light-medium skintones! Non-orangey and leaves a matte, yet ever so slightly glowy finish. Oil-free and a great option for acne-prone and oily/combo skins. It's Sage "safe", meaning it doesn't have any known comedogenic ingred. that could cause zits. It comes in a cute and huge compact w/ brush. I strongly rec. this bronzer to any and all light skinned gals! Finally...a bronzer for US!!!

on 4/24/2013 12:20:00 AM

This needs to be applied with a light hand for those of us with fair skin and pink undertones. I have found it's not something you can swipe on without really looking. It does have staying power, either over or without your base makeup, however I haven't tried it without primer. It does seem to turn me orange under certain obtrusive fluorescent lighting scenarios, but those are my nemesis. I don't understand how anyone over ten years of age can look good. It shows every blemish from birth. I've tried this on and off over the past year. I'm quite fair, have had rosacea for the past few years, and my skin has been all over the board due to ...(there's way too many words to insert here)...mid-forty hormones (this seems to sum it up, and those of you, and you know who you are, totally 'get' it). If you leave the house, and you do a 'natural daylight' makeup check at some point, only to find you look a bit like you could be waiting to go on stage....well, it's not going to be the fault of this bronzer. The packaging is spectacular. I understand not all compacts are created equal, and you can indeed get a bad one, no matter the name or price tag. This was in my purse during a recent move. While driving the truck (that looked remarkably like something that should require a special license to operate), an unforeseen, somewhat unpleasant incident occurred. There was a sharp left hand turn made (due to my ninja like moves), then chaos followed as my purse dumped out all over the lovely industrial metal floor. After it was all said and done, my bronzer was still in it's original state! No chips, no chunks dumping out, perfect! Give it a try! (not the ninja turn)

on 3/4/2013 2:05:00 AM

BEST BRONZER OUT THERE! Looks naturally beautiful over foundation or when used by itself. I don't like to wear heavy face makeup so I usually just apply bb cream then sweep bronze goddess over my entire face to give me a healthy, natural glow. It's not orange at all and doesn't go on splotchy like some bronzers I've tried in the past. I love the convenient compact design with built in mirror and brush included (which is actually very high quality). Can't say enough good about this product, it truly is the best bronzer on the market!

on 2/20/2013 9:43:00 PM

Best single tone bronzer on the market!

Looks great over any shade of foundation, matches a natural fan or fake perfectly. Doesn't look unnatural or shimmery. Good it comes with a brush too!

on 1/19/2013 3:54:00 PM

Doesn't look orange. Leaves your skin super matte all day.The two different shades are great for contouring. Looks amazing in pictures. Great matte texture to the skin. I've used this powder for four years now, tried tons of other brands but none of them do the trick. I'd say it's the best bronzer for humid or wet climates. Couldn't live without it. Worth every penny of the price even though it's pretty expensive. Estee really do the best skinbase products on the market for a lasting matte finish :)

on 1/19/2013 12:44:00 AM

I've been using this bronzer for years and years, mostly because it seems to come in every GWP that I get. I've actually never had to purchase it. I just used one up, and I have two more sitting in a drawer!
Normally I'd complain about getting the same product sample over and over, but I love this bronzer. This is a matte bronzer, and although I can always see golden glitters in the pan, they do not show up at all on the face. The color is perfect for me...not dark and muddy looking, not too orange or red-based. This is one bronzer that I can use year round. It's dark enough that I can contour with it in the winter when I am more pale, and I can use it all over my face in the summer when I'm tan. I've never had an issue with this looking patchy or giving that "dirty bronzer" look, no matter what brush I use with this. Many bronzers I have require me to be very careful and use specific brushes, otherwise they look awful. This always looks flawless and natural.
Like I said, I seem to always have one of these on hand, but if I ever actually needed to, I would definitely purchase this. I think this would make a great staple bronzer for anyone with light to medium skin tones.

on 12/11/2012 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am obsessed with the matte bronzer! I hate looking glittery, and this matte version is exactly what i've been looking for! I have fair-medium, sensitive skin, and this bronzer gives me a tan glow without looking orange! This is a great buy and worth every penny! I would absolutely recommend this bronzer!!! Its perfect for daytime to nighttime (and looks great in pictures). I would absolutely recommend this bronzer!!!

on 12/10/2012 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

So-so. Doesn't show up too well on me. Doesn't last very long. Colour would suit paler people more. Hard to build up. I wonder if I will ever finish it up, as I don't find it useful. I prefer liquid bronzer- tge finish is more natural.