July 28, 2014 | 1212 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Spite lipglass

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2007 4:27:00 PM More reviews by MissMochaBrown

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm an NW45, so I can't always get away with most pale colours, but when applied lightly, this actually looks good on me.
It's great for a 'nude lip' look and I usually wear it with Chestnut lipliner. I have repurchased a couple of times and I will buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2007 12:07:00 AM More reviews by tsaraya29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm in the minority on this one. I didn't hate it, but I didn't like it either. It did nothing for me and just kinda flushed with my complexion. It just gave my lips a wierd slightly frosted plum look. I made the mistake of ordering this online and I really couldn't judge the color. I'm NC 45/50 for reference.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2007 4:14:00 PM More reviews by JavaBeaner

I agree with everyone; plummy-brown is the perfect way to describe Spite. It is my all-time favorite lipglass, and has been for years. This is the color I reach for most often. Whenever I'm looking "less than perfect", I apply this and it improves my appearance 10x. This is the only lipglass I've finished and repurchased.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2007 8:06:00 PM More reviews by ml44

I bought this a long time ago and thought it too gray and dark, even though I'm yellow-toned and around NC20. I've found if i put a bit of sheer pink gloss over it, the color is great. My lips are deep mauvey and I'm always looking for colors to mute them but not shrink them, for that look of great without trying. This looks good with grayed-purple eyeshadow (I don't know why) and bronzer. I agree with the suggestions that cheeks may need to be warmed up for this lipglass to look its best.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2006 6:21:00 PM More reviews by IcedTeaChick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok who would have thought spite would look so beautiful on my lips? Judging on the looks of it in the tube it pretty much looked muddy with a hint of purple I was like um wtf? LOLLL

After reading the reviews here I decided to give it a try and boy am I glad I did. On my lips spite becomes a MLBB color like a plummy brown rose on my lips. For you ladies that feel this makes you look dead try pairing it with brighter cheeks (I was wearing MAC's desirous blush which is a bright coral-ish color) and I think doing so gives a nice balance to your face (just my opinion).

I truly rank spite in my top 5 favorite lipglosses of all time. It just goes to show you you can't judge a book (lipglass) by its cover (color) LOLLLLLLL!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2006 1:51:00 AM More reviews by juicycouture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

simply gorgeous! spite is a "muted plum-taupe brown" according to the mac website, i totally agree with the description, though i would have added mauve somewhere in there. it has no glitter or shimmer. i love this color; i'm so glad its a permanent item because i intend to buy more. i have highly pigmented lips [i am african american]. spite creates an awesome nude lip, which may end up being my everyday look . i can't even begin to express how much i love this lipglass. i usually apply a lip balm [burts bees] beforehand. this helps to make the lipglass less sticky and to keep my lips moisturized. the sponge-tip applicator is great because it allows for a smooth and even application.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2006 5:07:00 PM More reviews by marikko714

This is my new favorite lip gloss!! It is a beautiful plummy brown color - YLBB!! I love it w/ my skin tone (Asian American, olive toned)! BEAUTIFUL COLOR!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2006 10:41:00 AM More reviews by itshannah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Looks kinda dark purplish in the tube, but once you put it on it's a great natural color. similar to "lust". But just like all the other lipglasses, you'll find hair stuck to your lips every now and then.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2005 5:57:00 AM More reviews by glowfishglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a fair skinned (NC 30) asian and my lips are pretty pigmented. This was my first mac lipglass and I loved it! It's a milky brown in the tube, but after I tried it out, it was pretty much the perfect nude for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2005 9:25:00 PM More reviews by nancy_183

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love Spite. It looks like a very light milky chocolate colour on my lips. My lips are already naturally pigmented so I didn't think this shade would work well with their natural colour, but infact it did! I was glad because I was looking for a brownish gloss that would work well with my lip colour and with my light complexion... since we all know the wrong brown can be overpowering for people with light skin. This gloss turned out to be perfection. It goes on lighter than what it looks like in the tube, on my lips it looks like a nice cappuccino colour. It's expensive like all high end glosses are, but well worth every penny!