MAC Spite lipglass

4.3

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I'm an NW45, so I can't always get away with most pale colours, but when applied lightly, this actually looks good on me.
It's great for a 'nude lip' look and I usually wear it with Chestnut lipliner. I have repurchased a couple of times and I will buy again.

on 4/12/2007 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I'm in the minority on this one. I didn't hate it, but I didn't like it either. It did nothing for me and just kinda flushed with my complexion. It just gave my lips a wierd slightly frosted plum look. I made the mistake of ordering this online and I really couldn't judge the color. I'm NC 45/50 for reference.

on 4/11/2007 4:14:00 PM

I agree with everyone; plummy-brown is the perfect way to describe Spite. It is my all-time favorite lipglass, and has been for years. This is the color I reach for most often. Whenever I'm looking "less than perfect", I apply this and it improves my appearance 10x. This is the only lipglass I've finished and repurchased.

on 2/11/2007 8:06:00 PM

I bought this a long time ago and thought it too gray and dark, even though I'm yellow-toned and around NC20. I've found if i put a bit of sheer pink gloss over it, the color is great. My lips are deep mauvey and I'm always looking for colors to mute them but not shrink them, for that look of great without trying. This looks good with grayed-purple eyeshadow (I don't know why) and bronzer. I agree with the suggestions that cheeks may need to be warmed up for this lipglass to look its best.

on 12/8/2006 6:21:00 PM

Ok who would have thought spite would look so beautiful on my lips? Judging on the looks of it in the tube it pretty much looked muddy with a hint of purple I was like um wtf? LOLLL

After reading the reviews here I decided to give it a try and boy am I glad I did. On my lips spite becomes a MLBB color like a plummy brown rose on my lips. For you ladies that feel this makes you look dead try pairing it with brighter cheeks (I was wearing MAC's desirous blush which is a bright coral-ish color) and I think doing so gives a nice balance to your face (just my opinion).

I truly rank spite in my top 5 favorite lipglosses of all time. It just goes to show you you can't judge a book (lipglass) by its cover (color) LOLLLLLLL!!!

on 11/30/2006 1:51:00 AM

simply gorgeous! spite is a "muted plum-taupe brown" according to the mac website, i totally agree with the description, though i would have added mauve somewhere in there. it has no glitter or shimmer. i love this color; i'm so glad its a permanent item because i intend to buy more. i have highly pigmented lips [i am african american]. spite creates an awesome nude lip, which may end up being my everyday look . i can't even begin to express how much i love this lipglass. i usually apply a lip balm [burts bees] beforehand. this helps to make the lipglass less sticky and to keep my lips moisturized. the sponge-tip applicator is great because it allows for a smooth and even application.

on 6/5/2006 5:07:00 PM

This is my new favorite lip gloss!! It is a beautiful plummy brown color - YLBB!! I love it w/ my skin tone (Asian American, olive toned)! BEAUTIFUL COLOR!!!

on 2/12/2006 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Looks kinda dark purplish in the tube, but once you put it on it's a great natural color. similar to "lust". But just like all the other lipglasses, you'll find hair stuck to your lips every now and then.

on 11/14/2005 5:57:00 AM

I'm a fair skinned (NC 30) asian and my lips are pretty pigmented. This was my first mac lipglass and I loved it! It's a milky brown in the tube, but after I tried it out, it was pretty much the perfect nude for me!

on 9/30/2005 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I really love Spite. It looks like a very light milky chocolate colour on my lips. My lips are already naturally pigmented so I didn't think this shade would work well with their natural colour, but infact it did! I was glad because I was looking for a brownish gloss that would work well with my lip colour and with my light complexion... since we all know the wrong brown can be overpowering for people with light skin. This gloss turned out to be perfection. It goes on lighter than what it looks like in the tube, on my lips it looks like a nice cappuccino colour. It's expensive like all high end glosses are, but well worth every penny!

Recommended for Medium Skin