MAC Spite lipglass

4.3

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Spite is an INTERESTING lipgloss. It looks kind of pinkish brown and almost boring in the tube. However, it is DECEPTIVE because on the lips of an NC 30-35, GGG, it looks FANTASTIC. I has NO glitter and is just smooth and clear and glassy. Spite is great because it makes the lips look wet with no glitter. The color is sexy I can just swipe it and my lips and face look better. I also wear it in professional settings because it is muted. I have purchased it twice and will continue to in the future. It is also versatile because it changes depending on the lip liner.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I'm an NW45, so I can't always get away with most pale colours, but when applied lightly, this actually looks good on me.
It's great for a 'nude lip' look and I usually wear it with Chestnut lipliner. I have repurchased a couple of times and I will buy again.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I'm in the minority on this one. I didn't hate it, but I didn't like it either. It did nothing for me and just kinda flushed with my complexion. It just gave my lips a wierd slightly frosted plum look. I made the mistake of ordering this online and I really couldn't judge the color. I'm NC 45/50 for reference.

I agree with everyone; plummy-brown is the perfect way to describe Spite. It is my all-time favorite lipglass, and has been for years. This is the color I reach for most often. Whenever I'm looking "less than perfect", I apply this and it improves my appearance 10x. This is the only lipglass I've finished and repurchased.

I bought this a long time ago and thought it too gray and dark, even though I'm yellow-toned and around NC20. I've found if i put a bit of sheer pink gloss over it, the color is great. My lips are deep mauvey and I'm always looking for colors to mute them but not shrink them, for that look of great without trying. This looks good with grayed-purple eyeshadow (I don't know why) and bronzer. I agree with the suggestions that cheeks may need to be warmed up for this lipglass to look its best.

Ok who would have thought spite would look so beautiful on my lips? Judging on the looks of it in the tube it pretty much looked muddy with a hint of purple I was like um wtf? LOLLL

After reading the reviews here I decided to give it a try and boy am I glad I did. On my lips spite becomes a MLBB color like a plummy brown rose on my lips. For you ladies that feel this makes you look dead try pairing it with brighter cheeks (I was wearing MAC's desirous blush which is a bright coral-ish color) and I think doing so gives a nice balance to your face (just my opinion).

I truly rank spite in my top 5 favorite lipglosses of all time. It just goes to show you you can't judge a book (lipglass) by its cover (color) LOLLLLLLL!!!

simply gorgeous! spite is a "muted plum-taupe brown" according to the mac website, i totally agree with the description, though i would have added mauve somewhere in there. it has no glitter or shimmer. i love this color; i'm so glad its a permanent item because i intend to buy more. i have highly pigmented lips [i am african american]. spite creates an awesome nude lip, which may end up being my everyday look . i can't even begin to express how much i love this lipglass. i usually apply a lip balm [burts bees] beforehand. this helps to make the lipglass less sticky and to keep my lips moisturized. the sponge-tip applicator is great because it allows for a smooth and even application.

This is my new favorite lip gloss!! It is a beautiful plummy brown color - YLBB!! I love it w/ my skin tone (Asian American, olive toned)! BEAUTIFUL COLOR!!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Looks kinda dark purplish in the tube, but once you put it on it's a great natural color. similar to "lust". But just like all the other lipglasses, you'll find hair stuck to your lips every now and then.

I'm a fair skinned (NC 30) asian and my lips are pretty pigmented. This was my first mac lipglass and I loved it! It's a milky brown in the tube, but after I tried it out, it was pretty much the perfect nude for me!

Recommended for Medium Skin