November 23, 2014 | 2046 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Korres - Body Butter - Guava

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by sbetsy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This body butter feels nice but the scent is way, way too strong for me. I had to wash it off because it was giving me a headache - very, very sweet. I'm not keeping it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 3:54:00 AM More reviews by danai

I'm on the fence with this. It's been nice, but once it's gone, I don't think I'll really miss it.
The best thing about it (and the only brilliant thing about it, really) is the scent. It feels heavenly. Coconut with a hint of tropical fruit, good enough to eat. The scent is what drew me to another body cream I didn't really need, to be honest. So well done for this; there's no shortage of great smelling creams, but this should take the prize in my book.
Anyway. As a moisturizer it didn't impress me, sadly. It's very heavy so it's best suited for winter (although it smells like summer, oh well). However it doesn't go on as smoothly or sink in as well as other creams do. It comes out of the tub with this thick, luxurious feel about it, but on the skin it's not really creamy or easy to spread; it takes an effort to rub it in. If it makes any sense, while it does melt, it doesn't melt into a creamy enough consistency to spread around evenly. It takes some effort to ensure I have covered my body evenly and there's not a lot of this on some places and hardly any on others.
Also once I've rubbed it in, it seems to form a slick film that stays there for quite some time. I prefer to use it at night for that reason. All that would be ok if it did a better job moisturizing than other creams, but I don't quite see it. Don't get me wrong, it does moisturize, however there's (maybe even cheaper) stuff out there that does too, in the same way more or less. It doesn't go the extra mile to justify the effort it takes to rub in.
All in all, this is definitely a pleasant product to use. If it were somewhat less heavy and could sink faster, I might keep it around for summer, just for the scent. But as it is, I will only ever buy it again if I have plenty of extra cash to spend; I will not pick this over other products though (hence I stated I wouldn't buy again).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Cinnabuns

I know this is guava, but it definitely has a fruity coconut scent. It goes on very creamy, but as you rub it in, it quickly turns slick with an almost watery feel. It's not highly moisturizing like you'd expect a body butter to be. Overall, it's a nicely average moisturizing product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 2:26:00 AM More reviews by Amsi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I feel that this body butter is pretty average. First of all, I feel it's more of a lotion than a body butter since it's not very hydrating or thick. When I rub this into my skin, it doesn't absorb quickly and leaves a slick residue on my hands. I bought the small tube to use as a hand lotion, but find myself applying a lot just to make my hands feel as moisturized as they would with a cheap drugstore brand such as Jergens, Lubriderm, Gold Bond, Vaseline Intensive Care, etc. The packaging is pretty and the guava scent, which is fruity without being too sweet, is lovely. But for a higher-end product that contains so many "healthy" ingredients, it simply falls short in the moisturizing category. I really wanted to enjoy this product, and expected a lot from Korres, but I've been reaching for my 99 cent hand cream instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Catarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was introduced to Korres after receiving some samples from sephora. Well after spending hundreds of dollars lol I got this deluxe sample in Guava. I really like this. Korres is a great company that produces natural products, and I love the way this smells. I also have the Guava lip butter too. Im not sure how much this costs/or for a full size, so depending on that I would repurchase. This is a wonderful product! I use it on my hands and feet and it moisturizes instantly. I have no complaints!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by LittleBear23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this stuff actually dries my hands out MORE than not using it at all. I love the texture. I love the scent. I love that it's "natural" and generally I have loved all of the Korres products I have tried. I'm serious about my hands though. I cannot stand to have dry skin. I have to wash my hands often during the day and nothing upsets me more than that tight, raw feeling I get when I don't have a good moisturizer. This butter feels good going on, and for the first 10 minutes it feels like it's going to be really moisturizing, but after about 15 minutes my hands feel even worse than they did before I put it on. I don't know how they screwed this one up, but they did.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2010 1:58:00 AM More reviews by tokidoki123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought a trio of these Korres Body Butters in my local TJ Max and I was quite impressed by how well they moisturize. It came in quince, guava, and fig, and I find that the guava body butter was the most moisturizing of the three. The scent is really quite strong. It's a little musky, vanilla almost with a hint of fruity and grassy undertone. The scent wasn't my favourite but the moisturizing property was awesome. I have the most rough and dry elbows and this removed them within a week. I love that they're almost natural and free of any 'cones (silicones) because I am sensitive to most silicone moisturizers and cosmetics. I would really love to repurchase but the price is really out of my price range.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by aggelou

Best moisturizer ever for my extra dry skin. The scent reminds me of powder and its pretty subtle unlike most korres products that smell far too heavy for my taste.. It absorbs easily, it isn't sticky and leaves skin super smooth! Really good stuff without the dangerous parabens, dimethicone etc. Excellent product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2010 3:54:00 AM More reviews by bebesoul

Smells great. Very moisturizing for dry skin. Good price. Already have a backup. Try it out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 8:27:00 PM More reviews by honeyangel77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have purchased this lotion for years because it works. I have extremely dry skin from overwashing (work related), and this lotion does a great job of making it feel moisturized. As to whether it actually hydrates the skin beyond the upper layer, I dont know, but I do know when I use it daily, my skin is not as dry as when I use many other lotions. It is extremely thick and emollient, smells kind of melon like, and a small amount goes a long way. Yes it is expensive, around 30 bucks for 5 oz. but it comes in a great pump bottle at that size, and a little goes a long way. I use it daily and a bottle lasts me a couple months. I also have smaller containers I pump the lotion into to carry it in my purse since the small flip t op container they sell of it is even more expensive per ounce, but I go to the drug store and get a little travel flip top container to fill. This works great for me. The smell lasts for about 30 minutes after applying, but everyone that smells it asks to try it and loves it. It is not the most moisturizing thing I have ever used, but it is close, and my sensitive skin has absolutely no issues with it. Sephora has it on sale sometimes in a set. Recently they had the 5 oz bottle for less than 20.00. I first tried it as a free deluxe sample a couple years ago so they may also still offer that sometimes.