October 20, 2014 | 1067 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Tweezerman - Blackhead/Blemish Extractor

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2009 6:26:00 PM More reviews by blushingpale

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow - such a variety of reviews for this thing. I agree it can be habit-forming and since I have sensitive Rosacea skin, I only use this occasionally on the worst, most noticeable blackheads (or whiteheads that are ready to pop) and just use aspirin masks/dermawand and clay masks to reduce the severity of overall skin congestion.

I HAVE DAMAGED/ENLARGED A FEW PORES WITH THIS TOOL by pressing too hard on unprepared skin. I personally don't find I need to steam my face etc, but I do need to apply a dot of moisturizer on the problem pore and give it a few minutes to sink in before using. This works about 90% of the time for me. I use the small metal loop to clean pores. Press *gently* with the blackhead right in the middle of the loop. If nothing happens, try a slightly different angle. Repeat until it comes out but if nothing happens, DO NOT keep pressing. This is how I damaged my pores. If the tool leaves an "imprint" on your skin that stays for more than a minute, you are pressing too hard!!!!

Afterwards (or after pore strip) the St. Ives clay mask is great for tightening your newly-cleansed pores.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2009 1:43:00 AM More reviews by cerecita

k ..people...dont waste ur money on this..

yes..extracting i find is the only way to get rid of those tiny dirty clogged pores on the nose, (that some people refer to blackheads, although there not, at least if they re-appear in the same place, they are really just clogged pores....extracting, pulls them uglies out, BUT unfortunately u have to have maintenence and do this every other week, or couple days, because it will become clogged again)...

Ok soo.. when I say dont spend ur money on this..
IS if u are mainly trying to get rid of the tiny clogged pores on ur nose..the thinner and smaller the loop, the better an extractor works...THIS Tweezerman's loop is not thin and small enough...

...MY $2 DOLLER AVON extractor works a hella lot better! ..(i'm talking for the purpose of the nose)

THis cost almost $18 bucks...so People, dont buy this save ur money and by the avon extractor instead..

(although, i bought the avon on sale, ..i dont know if avon has other extractors, but u will see that it has a definatly smaller and thinner loop, its shape a circle..)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2009 1:34:00 AM More reviews by monkeytron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Big regret. Using this tool should be considered "picking your face," which is a big no-no. I bought this because I had two clogged pores near my laugh line. They had been there for about a month so I figured they were good candidates for the tool. After a shower I used it and I suppose I ended up using too much pressure because the tool wasn't working. Anyway, in the end it did nothing and now I have two huge red spots on my face. I'm so disappointed in myself for giving into the hype. Now I'm praying these don't turn into scars.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2009 1:39:00 AM More reviews by rinstarangel

This thing is so addicting! I used to always pick at my face...it was an addiction. I blame it on my mom showing me how to use a bobby pin (same idea as this) to clear out a very large pore that I had on the side of my nose when I was younger. This saves my skin since I don't use my nails to do it anymore. Like others, I get a disgustingly great feeling unclogging my pores. =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2009 12:57:00 AM More reviews by prncss

I can't believe I have been living without this for so long! I came across reviews on this and ran out to buy this. It was on sale at my local drugstore for $11. All I can say is wow! This extractor is amazing and it is made with a very high quality of steel.

Just like everyone else says, the blackhead extractor works best after a hot shower when the pores are open. For blackheads, I find it works best to position the loop just below the pore (not inside the loop) and press. Then, all of the gunk will come out. It's amazing to see all the stuff that was stuck in your pores. This does leave red marks though so it is best not to do it right before you go out.

For blemish extracting, I position the white head inside of the loop and press, and that gets all the gunk out. It doesn't leave me any acne scars and it heals very fast (all traces disappear within 2 days). I would recommend this to all of my friends and family. It is a must have in everyone's makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2009 1:11:00 AM More reviews by departureofskies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets a sense of extreme satisfaction from using this. It's the best feeling when I see the disgusting debris come out of a clogged pore. As other blackhead removal fanatics have mentioned, take a hot shower or bath to steam open your pores first. I also recommend disinfecting this in between uses. One word of caution: this tool is addicting.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2009 7:51:00 AM More reviews by modernaire

It's the tool in my makeup box that my boyfriend fears the most, even more so than my eyelash curler. When I first showed it to him he didn't even know what it was for, and when I said I'd demonstrate its deadly precision on his face, he backed away with fear in his eyes, thinking that I'd gouge out his eyes with it.

But after he's seen what it can do with blackheads and pimples, he's eager for me to perform extraction on him any time, even if he's still a bit scared of the glint in my eyes every time I wield this glorious tool.

23 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by jenn7985

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

this is my HG tool because i have an epidemic of blackheads on my nose and i could never get rid of them.. i knew it was bad when my bf and i were cuddling face to face and he said he loved my "freckles" on my nose... i dont have any freckles!!!! =(

on the way home from his house i went to walgreens and picked this up and i dont know how i lived without it!!! its strangely satisfying to see all that nasty goo come out of my pores and i have some weird sense of pride when a really hard little ball of god knows what comes bursting from my pores and i am able to pull it out with tweezers and there is an empty pore left behind (im sick i know lol)

i def recomend cleaning this with rubbing alcohol or astringent before and after each use (no sense putting all the germies back in ur pores that u removed last time)

my process for getting rid of 95% of the blackheads on my nose (some need to be coaxed out by a professional)

1. hot shower to steam those suckers out
2. get right up in my magnifying mirror (sexy i know) with a light
3. apply gentle but constant pressure to the blackheads i see
4. after i get out as many as i can i apply queen helene mint julep mask to my nose, let it harden and see what that brings to the surface
5. wash off the mask and see if i can get any more out
6. when i am done/ cant get anything out of my pores i wash with gentle soap and then apply those strong stridex or clearsil pads to my nose

this thing pays for itself after 1 use and since its able to be disinfected u dont have to throw it out (i recomend soaking it in disinfectant)

*knock on wood* i havent had any freckles lately lol

36 out of 37 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2009 5:05:00 PM More reviews by goose09

I love this product. At first when I purchased this I thought it was not working since none of the blackheads were coming out! However, after reading some of the oh so helpful reviews on MUA I finally took a nice longggg bath to loosen up those pores! It worked wonders! I will def buy this again if this one breaks or for whatever other reason!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by PaperAlias

I don't know how I went so long without this magical little tool. I've had blackheads all over my nose ever since I hit puberty. I was always self-conscious about all these nasty dirt specks and I tried everything to get rid of them... pore scrubs, face steaming, pore strips, masks, special blackhead cleansers, etc. I've come to realize that manual extraction (along with a regular application of a BHA solution -- I love Paula's Choice!) is pretty much the only way to get the gunk out of your pores. After reading all these disgustingly wonderful reviews on MUA, I bought my own extractor on eBay for about $8. I'm gonna jump on the nasty bandwagon here and say that I can't explain the satisfaction I get from watching a blackhead plug rise to the surface of my skin, leaving a clean, empty pore! As many others have said here, extracting after a nice hot shower is best, as the heat and moisture helps dislodge the gunk. Maneuvering and pressing the tool takes some getting used to, and it does leave your skin a little red afterward, but it is definitely much healthier, much more effective, (and cleaner) to extract your blackheads with this nifty tool than to go ahead and squeeze with your fingernails. My nose hasn't looked this spotless in a long time. Always remember to sterilize the tool before/after each use.