Tweezerman Blackhead/Blemish Extractor

4.2

on 3/9/2010 3:04:00 PM

I have used one of these since middle school, and I really think everyone should own one. Overall, I have very nice skin. I do get some blackheads on my nose, and this is the only thing that gets rid of them. I use this when I get out of the shower so my pores are open. It really gets rid of the gunk if I use my clarisonic before I extract. The flat side is meant for blackheads, while the loop is for pimples. After I extract I usually put some 2.5% ben. peroxide cream on my nose to keep them from coming back. If I get a pimple this thing gets all the nasty stuff out, and followed by ben. peroxide it disappears in a day or so. It is not attractive to go around with a big whitehead on your face, and squeezing them with your fingers is harmful and you rarely get all the gunk out. This tool is so much better for you and is not damaging if you use it gently on steamed skin. If you have any less than flawless skin (meaning everyone) you should own one of these.

on 11/6/2009 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I cannot live withtout this. I am serious. At 45 with wrinkles and acne, especially on my nose (gross), I was shocked what this dragged out. Its my HG for blackheads. I hate them and the satisfaction of the removal is mind blowing. I just am thrilled that the darn things are gone. Use an astringent after, or a masque and steaming your pores first is a must.

on 9/5/2009 4:56:00 PM

Maybe I'm a bit wierd but I find it strangely satisfying to take my disgusting blackheads out . Its hurts to pick at blackheads and it isn't good for your skin so when I seen this I had to have it (bit of a rip off at 8 but it is tweezerman). I tried it out as soon as I got home. I steamed my face and got to work. It removed my blackheads but left my skin really red so I would recommend you do this at night to give your skin a chance to calm down.
Although it worked wonderfully for me my sister was a different story. We steamed her skin for 15mins straight then tried it out but they wouldn't budge. More steaming but still no luck. Her skin has bigger blackheads but this didn't work at all and that is why i'd mark it down a little.

on 8/30/2009 6:28:00 PM

I've had this a long long time but this deserves a review. I LOVE THIS THING!!!!!! so does my bf, it's great for those blackheads on my back. it HURTS if you use fingures but this is just great. it's better than ones from any other brand. Just buy it, you'll see. REMEMBER to wash after every use or it's just gross!

on 6/13/2009 6:26:00 PM

Wow - such a variety of reviews for this thing. I agree it can be habit-forming and since I have sensitive Rosacea skin, I only use this occasionally on the worst, most noticeable blackheads (or whiteheads that are ready to pop) and just use aspirin masks/dermawand and clay masks to reduce the severity of overall skin congestion.

I HAVE DAMAGED/ENLARGED A FEW PORES WITH THIS TOOL by pressing too hard on unprepared skin. I personally don't find I need to steam my face etc, but I do need to apply a dot of moisturizer on the problem pore and give it a few minutes to sink in before using. This works about 90% of the time for me. I use the small metal loop to clean pores. Press *gently* with the blackhead right in the middle of the loop. If nothing happens, try a slightly different angle. Repeat until it comes out but if nothing happens, DO NOT keep pressing. This is how I damaged my pores. If the tool leaves an "imprint" on your skin that stays for more than a minute, you are pressing too hard!!!!

Afterwards (or after pore strip) the St. Ives clay mask is great for tightening your newly-cleansed pores.

on 5/18/2009 1:43:00 AM

k ..people...dont waste ur money on this..

yes..extracting i find is the only way to get rid of those tiny dirty clogged pores on the nose, (that some people refer to blackheads, although there not, at least if they re-appear in the same place, they are really just clogged pores....extracting, pulls them uglies out, BUT unfortunately u have to have maintenence and do this every other week, or couple days, because it will become clogged again)...

Ok soo.. when I say dont spend ur money on this..
IS if u are mainly trying to get rid of the tiny clogged pores on ur nose..the thinner and smaller the loop, the better an extractor works...THIS Tweezerman's loop is not thin and small enough...

...MY $2 DOLLER AVON extractor works a hella lot better! ..(i'm talking for the purpose of the nose)

THis cost almost $18 bucks...so People, dont buy this save ur money and by the avon extractor instead..

(although, i bought the avon on sale, ..i dont know if avon has other extractors, but u will see that it has a definatly smaller and thinner loop, its shape a circle..)

on 5/17/2009 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

Big regret. Using this tool should be considered "picking your face," which is a big no-no. I bought this because I had two clogged pores near my laugh line. They had been there for about a month so I figured they were good candidates for the tool. After a shower I used it and I suppose I ended up using too much pressure because the tool wasn't working. Anyway, in the end it did nothing and now I have two huge red spots on my face. I'm so disappointed in myself for giving into the hype. Now I'm praying these don't turn into scars.

on 5/12/2009 1:39:00 AM

This thing is so addicting! I used to always pick at my face...it was an addiction. I blame it on my mom showing me how to use a bobby pin (same idea as this) to clear out a very large pore that I had on the side of my nose when I was younger. This saves my skin since I don't use my nails to do it anymore. Like others, I get a disgustingly great feeling unclogging my pores. =)

on 5/12/2009 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I can't believe I have been living without this for so long! I came across reviews on this and ran out to buy this. It was on sale at my local drugstore for $11. All I can say is wow! This extractor is amazing and it is made with a very high quality of steel.

Just like everyone else says, the blackhead extractor works best after a hot shower when the pores are open. For blackheads, I find it works best to position the loop just below the pore (not inside the loop) and press. Then, all of the gunk will come out. It's amazing to see all the stuff that was stuck in your pores. This does leave red marks though so it is best not to do it right before you go out.

For blemish extracting, I position the white head inside of the loop and press, and that gets all the gunk out. It doesn't leave me any acne scars and it heals very fast (all traces disappear within 2 days). I would recommend this to all of my friends and family. It is a must have in everyone's makeup bag.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets a sense of extreme satisfaction from using this. It's the best feeling when I see the disgusting debris come out of a clogged pore. As other blackhead removal fanatics have mentioned, take a hot shower or bath to steam open your pores first. I also recommend disinfecting this in between uses. One word of caution: this tool is addicting.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools