July 30, 2014 | 2048 users online

Lip Treatments - Nuxe - Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by lushyluxe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This here is not a hype. At last a lip balm that delivers lasting moisture with a single application. It costs way less than my other trials (Sisley, La mer, Bobby Brown) but it shows superior results. If nothing else has worked, then this might just be the remedy for you. Its my third day of usage, and I'm already heading back to the store so I can grab a few more jars for my family and friends. A big thanks to Nuxe for this treasure, and to all MUA reviewers for the share. Happy to finally part ways with cracked lips.

Just to note that I tested this product under hot, arid sub-Saharan temperature, with frequent exposure to air con. Recommends!

Edited on 8th Mar 2014: Taken off 1 point, since the efficacy of the product has reduced remarkably over several weeks of daily usage. Back to peeling lips. Sigh. This balm seems to work for my lips when interchanged with other products, therefore for optimal lip hydration care I also use Decleor Rose orient balm (I'm equally surprised) and Dr Robert Rey's Lip Correct.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Flurby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My absolute favourite product! I have tried pretty much EVERY other brand of lip balms out there, and although many are pretty good, nothing comes close to this. I have always had really dry lips and I am in constant need of a balm. It's a bit expensive, and since it comes in a jar I don't take it with me outside the house (the tube version is not as good), so I mostly put this on before going to bed, and there is still residue the morning after. I'm on my 4th jar now, and will probably keep buying this for a very long time. The hunt is over, I've found what I've been searching for.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by anonymousme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As a confessed lip balm addict, there is no such thing as too much when it comes to money I'll pay for product. I've tried almost everything imaginable - La Mer, Revive, to Smith's Rosebud Salve (I love the mint one under gloss). So imagine how I felt when none of my lipbalms could help my lips this winter. Thanks to MUA, I purchased this interesting balm and healed my lips. For those of you with lips flakier than my ex-boyfriend, I suggest you try this balm.

Pros:
- thick, heavy balm
- left on as an overnight treatment will plump up your lips
- nice non-offensive scent of citrus
- matte finish (this is both a pro and con bc sometimes it makes me feel like my lips are dry due to the finish but it increases lipstick wear)

Cons:
- could only find online (Amazon)
- heavy glass tub is not the most portable
- grainy feeling initially
- seems expensive for what it is

Verdict:
- will repurchase, if only for use as a nighttime treatment

This was great under Elta MD Intense as a nighttime lip treatment. Lifesaver if you're in heavy cold weather conditions.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by frauleinzoe

The Nuxe Rêve de Miel lip balm is terribly nice. I apply it twice a day, once before bed, and I wake up with a plump rosebud pout. It has a lovely consistency - thick and slightly grainy when you first apply it, however it sinks in after a few moments leaving your lips moisturised. The Rêve de Miel lip balm also has a matte finish, which I particularly like (I think glossy lip products are horrible). I have bee-stung lips, which look terrible when they're cracked, raw, and peeling. This lip balm though, quite surprisingly, resolved all the problems I was experiencing overnight.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by louisahm26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this. It's great because it is really moisturising, especially for when my lips get really chapped in the winter. I also love that it's matte because you can wear it under any lip product without it interfering. It smells nice and has luxurious-feeling packaging if you care about that kind of thing. It's more expensive than your average drugstore lip balm but I think it's very reasonably priced for how well it works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

In love with this right now! It's the middle of winter and every lip balm seems to contain peppermint oil/menthol/menthyl, which I'm allergic to, or a mixture of other drying ingredients. I've always been wary about putting pure Vaseline on my lips on a regular basis and wanted to use something more natural and nourishing.

The scent is wonderful - it smells just like a Terry's chocolate orange! It has an unusually matte texture for a lip balm - it doesn't feel slippery or overly waxy at all. I apply a small amount morning and evening and my lips are in wonderful condition - I never have to use anything else.

My only dislike is the packaging: a heavy glass jar. I hate the germ factor of repeatedly dipping my fingers in a product and then smothering it on my lips. The jar isn't practical for travelling, especially if you have to be conscious of unnecessary weight. A plastic pot or some kind of stick or tube applicator would have been easier.

It is a little pricey compared to the lip balms you could pick up in a chemist for 99p, but absolutely worth it. This little pot seems to last forever and I'm glad I've found it to get me through the brutal winter weather!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Really good lip balm for when you want something to wear underneath lipstick - it creates a really smooth layer and instantly improves the texture of whatever you're putting over it. It's not hydrating enough if you're seriously hurtin', but really nice to relieve the flakies. I love that it's matte for those no-lipstick looks and for layering; this one is really only a standout because of its superb texture.

The smell is the one weird thing about it. It's honey colored, it says "honey" on the pot, and it inexplicably smells like citrus. I'm not a huge fan of citrus fragrance or citrus oils themselves (on skin, at least), so it's a little disappointing. But hey, good balm.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This has to be the "ugly duckling" of the lip balm world. Drab, ugly taffy-coloured product in such unglamorous, plain packaging. But when you put this stuff on, you will be won over. A very hydrating product that really improves the condition of chapped, peeling lips. After using this for 24 hours, I didn't even need to use a sugar scrub to get the dried skin off my lips. This has a slightly citrus smell (which I like) when you apply it but there is no taste or residual smell when it's applied (I'm surprised by an earlier reviewer referring to an unbearable odor - I wonder if she got one that was spoiled because mine has no unpleasant smell at all). While I wouldn't wear this under lipstick (I haven't tried but I think it would cause a lipstick to slip right off), I put this on at bed-time and if I'm going to be home for the day, and not wearing makeup. It really does wonders for my lips.

While I'm not crazy about the packaging - a little round pot - I'm prepared to put up with it because this lip balm is so effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 5:30:00 AM More reviews by lucy010

Excellent! Love at first try at the pharmacist. I often have cold sores on my lips, it has helped me to prevent them and when they come out I noticed inflammation and the breakouts diminished.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 8:22:00 AM More reviews by Peskypixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMG. HG. This has completely healed my dry chapped lips. Another 'why did I wait so long to try?!?' product.

It's more like a thick heavy protectant, but not uncomfortable. I pat on a thick layer at night after exfoliating if needed and there is still a bit in the morning.

During the day I use the Nivea Raspberry Rose Kiss Butter (big pot, just dip your lip in- no fingers needed). My dry bleeding lips are now very, very happy. Probably picking some up for family members this holiday!