October 24, 2014 | 1970 users online

Lip Treatments - Nuxe - Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by shanx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of the best so far. I get really dry lips as does one of my daughters. I have gone through so many and I feel this is "the one".
As the jar is heavy I leave it home and use at night. Doing this my lips have not gotten dry at all. It is summer here so I guess I need to wait 'till winter to see how it goes. The only drawback is how heavy the pot is. I have transferred some into one of those little pots they give out at counters to try creams/foundations. My daughter takes this to school to put in her pencil case. She loves it too:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by stls

- This lip balm isn't more expensive than the average chapstick considering the amount you get.
- The packaging is made of heavy glass, feels sturdy.
- Smells pleasant, like grapefruit with a tinge of honey but the scent doesn't stay on the lips.
- The consistency is thick and waxy, takes a while to get used to that but I barely have to touch its surface and it's enough for the application.
- You can feel a protective coat on the lips.
- Dries to matte finish and it's an excellent base for lipstick.

Overall I'm quite pleased with Reve de Miel but I'm not sure about repurchasing; it's a matter of preference. My lips never get chapped so I don't need a heavy duty product like this and prefer more creamy lip balm that sink right in. Voted yes because I'd like to have it in my stash as a lip primer.

Update: A month later, up to 5 lippies! As soon as I got used to the different texture I can't get enough. This lip balm is flawless. My lips used to get a bit dry after teeth brushing and I needed to apply lip balm afterwards every time. Until I started to use Reve de Miel. My lips are visibly smoother than ever and lipsticks look so much better. I'll get a backup ASAP.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Qsma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best lip balm ever. I will never, ever, ever be without this product again.

I apply a thick coat at night and in the morning my lips are plump and hydrated and beautiful. I never knew how good looking my lips were until I started using this stuff! *grin*
I love the smell and the taste. I love the little jar. I can't think of a single negative thing to say about this product. Definitely worth having.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 11:13:00 AM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like it. It is moisturizing and smells exactly like grapefruit. The texture is not slick or slippery or sticky, and it is matte but hydrating. Just rub it in good and that's that. A little goes a long way. Expensive and different than other lip balms, and believe me I've tried many. I personally love lip balms in heavy glass pots. It is a lovely product. Would recommend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 7:48:00 AM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Like a lot of reviewers, I'm not too sure what to make of this.
There is a lot of hype surroundong this product. Here's my take on it:

PACKAGING-
comes in a pot, so not terribly hygenic but I'm not removing points because I like the luxe feel and weight of the glass jar.

PRODUCT-
a creamy thick yellow paste that smells like honeyed orange marmalade. I would have thought it to smell like honey being the feature ingredient but I'm ok with this..

PRICE-
expensive, I think I paid $25AUD, but there is a lot of product in the jar.
15 g to be precise.

RESULT-
it doesn't moisturise my lips but it doesn't dry them out either. It just sorta sits on top of my lips feeling creamy and faux -nourishing, but when I wake up there is little to no difference in my lip texture.

Would not repurchased. Was hoping to like it but its an expensive vanity topper. It'll last me a while though so maybe it'll pull through.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by msharajuku

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hmm, it's difficult to say if i completely love or hate this lip balm. The consistency is amazing its that lush feeling of applying a cream super thick and moisturising but its effects aren't that fantastic. Yes, it smells good, but i just don't think it lives up to the hype. It's not that moisturising and even while its on, it just feels like this creamy layer on your lips, you don't feel it actually doing anything for them, if that makes sense.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to try this "hyped" lip balm and I just finished the little jar. This lip balm is yellow colored and has a thicker consistency so it needs to be rubbed in to the lips. It smells like orange candy not a scent I would have expected but I did liked it. For me this did not live up to the hype, because I did not noticed any improvement and I only liked it when my lips where in a good condition already and I used it underneath a lipstick. On dry flaky lips this just felt grainy and I had a feeling my lips where even dryer after it sinked in. I would not repurchase it again because it did not do much for me and I find the jar really inconvenient!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by goldensyrup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm a lip balm freak and this gets top marks from me so that's saying a lot. First up this lip balm works. It's thick and adheres well to the lips long term thus rendering them soft and moisturised unlike other lip balms which feel great at first and then slide off too soon. This is thick but doesn't ever feel gloopy or waxy and leaves a nice matte effect and great base for other lip products. The honey smell is out of this world good! I love that this is in a heavy little frosted pot as it makes it feel like the Luxe product it is. The ingredients list is impressive and contains honey, plant oils, Shea butter & grapefruit essence among other nourishing things. I also love the honey colour of this, I feel like I'm dipping into a little pot of pure creamed honey :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 8:21:00 AM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

WOW!
My new favourite lip balm. Moisturizes well, the smell is amazing (a mix of something creamy and something citrus) and the packaging with the glass jar is beautiful.

I love especially the way it feels super thick when I apply it on my lips but when I look at the mirror, I can´t even see whether I have something on my lips or not. It´s a bit matte, so my lips aren´t glossy even when I put on a lot of this balm.
It doesn´t leave a white residue on my lips, which is what most of the moisturizing lip balms do. It´s not too oily, so you can easily put on lipstick.

The only downside is the quite high price (14 euros for a lip balm is quite much I think) and I´m not sure how long it lasts. Still, will surely and happily be repurchasing this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Ancora

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yep, not much to add to all the rave reviews. This is indeed HG material. It is pricy, but you'll love the results.