Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

4.2

Cera Alba (Beeswax), Olus (Vegetable) Oil, Lecithin, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Mel/Honey, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax, Candelilla Wax), Allantoin, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, BHT, Citric Acid, Citral, Limonene, Linalool

on 1/27/2015 9:36:00 PM

Agree with laumar47 below re paste like texture. Because of this texture, I don't like to use it as a base for lip stick or lip pencil, but at least it's not sticky or glossy and doesn't migrate off the lips (like smiths rosebud salve). I find that I rub my lips together constantly in order to work the product in.

It's also a strong citrus, not artificial, but somewhat surprising since I was expecting honey. Sometimes I get a tingly sensation, that signals the possibility of a slight skin reaction, but it hasn't happened yet. The citrus dissipates (unlike the very strongly scented palmer's chocolate mint or nivea creme brle or macadamia cream scented balm all of which are unapologetically artificial and long lasting)

I keep it at home like some other reviewers because I don't like to dip my fingers in the pot on the go.

It is taking me a very long time to use this up, so it is a generous amount, but it's relatively expensive. Not moisturizing enough to repurchase, but I have chronically dry lips. Basically I will use it up because I have it, which is kind of how I feel about drug store balms costing much less.

Added: Although I like its non greasy matte finish very much, I find myself avoiding it because of the slight burning of the citrus. So reduction of a star to one.

on 1/27/2015 10:19:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Ever since Caudalie reformulated their lip conditioner and added a fake citrusy scent, I've been on the hunt for a new lip balm for night treatments and for wearing under my lipstick. I had a Target gift card and decided to splurge on Reve de Miel.

At $19 it's pricey but it's not made of petroleum, either. It has a citrusy scent that isn't cloying and has a matte finish so you can wear it under lipstick or gloss during the day. It's more moisturizing Burt's Bees peppermint lip balm, but not nearly as heavy as Weleda Everon. I like using this before bed as a night lip treatment and applying a layer in the morning after brushing my teeth and letting it sink in while I'm doing my makeup. By the time I do my lips, it's settled in nicely. Overall, I think the Weleda is more effective for super dry lips as it's more moisturizing but this isn't bad either. I keep my pot at home because I don't like using my fingers to apply lip products when on the go, but when I'm at home it's not an issue. Would definitely repurchase!

on 1/25/2015 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is not the best I've had. It's not moisturizing enough regardless how much I put it. Aquaphor is a better choice for overnight treatment. i only use this as a base for my lipstick bc it's matte.

on 1/25/2015 3:21:00 PM

This is okay. It works well but its effect is only temporary. You need to apply very small amounts and rub in well in order for the gritty feeling to disappear.

on 1/16/2015 3:06:00 PM

This is my favourite lip balm I've ever used. I consider it as a holy grail item. It lasts for ages so it's good value for money, it's got a nice thick texture that seals the lips beautifully. It smells like orange cakes so if you don't like fragrance it may be a little offputting but I'm not a fan of scented lip products yet I love this one. I put it on as a nightly lip moisturizer since I find it a bit too thick to be lipstick base (that may be because I slather it on, now I think about it...) and I can still feel it in the morning. It's not sticky at all, has a very silky/velvety feeling to it. I love the glass jar too, it feels a bit more luxurious than the cheap plastic containers. I'll definitely purchase the stick version for traveling since the glass jar is a bit heavy and impractical to carry around. Would recommend it 100%. It's a bit pricier than the average drugstore lipbalms but imo it's worth every single penny.

on 1/4/2015 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Well, I have had this lip balm for quite some time now. I find I keep returning to it, because it really is wonderful and effective. It takes some getting used to as it has some gritty parts in it, but the honey hydrating goodness that heals and moisturizes overnight is really fantastic. I wish it wasn't so expensive. I'm tempted to rate this lower simply due to the price.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

EDIT: I bumped this up to 4 stars. After using it a while, the texture has become much easier to work with...almost fluffy!

Ideally, I could give this 3 1/2 lippies. I don't have chronically dry or cracked lips or any other serious conditions, so just trying out balms casually. I can see how this would be beneficial to many lip conditions as it is almost medicinal. The texture of the balm is quite thick and tacky and almost waxy. You have to kind of work it on the lips. But once it is on, it sort of seals in the lips quite well and lasts a long time. It has a pleasant honey-melon scent and I think the pot could last quite some time, despite being more expensive and harder to find. However, for the casual balm user like me, I can only recommend using it at night. The balm leaves a weird yellow tint on my lips that isn't super attractive. On the plus side, it works very well as a lipstick base. It definitely might be worth a try.

on 1/3/2015 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Love it. It is perfect for winter nights, it sinks in, moisturizes, and lasts. It is also not shiny or glossy. I am not crazy about the smell, and wish it were easier to find in stores (I heard rumors it was in target but have not seen it) but it works well for me.

on 1/2/2015 10:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

How on earth this pot of sh*t has earned such stellar reviews is a mystery to me. I have chronically, dry/dehydrated lips, and during the winter it gets so much worse, so I ordered this product online after many recommendations and reading reviews here on MUA, etc. What a huge disappointment after spending so much money. To say this product is mediocre would be kind. It's simply awful and provides no relief or moisture to dry lips whatsoever. As a few other reviews mentioned, this does indeed feel very much like an icky "paste" and not a balm. That would all be fine and good, if this paste provided hydration to my very dry lips, but it does not. The texture feels gross, and actually caused my lips to become even more dehydrated.

on 12/29/2014 8:09:00 AM

I really love this product! it has a great smell, like melon and honey. it's not really creamy, but it's perfect on your lips. I apply it on my lips when I go to sleep, and the next morning, my lips are hydrated and smooth. In the winter my lips are always really dry and i have to use a lot of lipbalm. i purchased this one and it's so good. I can really recommend it.

Popular Lip Treatments