Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme

3.5

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Sweet almond oil, water, beeswax, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, kaolin, fragrance, grapefruit seed extract, stearic acid (vegetable fat), glucose, tocopherol, carrageenan extract, sodium borate, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase (natural enzymes)

on 1/23/2013 6:08:00 PM

I absolutely love this stuff!!! At work I'm constantly handling paperwork so my hands even in the summer time get dry. I bought it at walmart for almost $9. I keep it up in the cabinet at work for my co-workers and I to use. The girls love it too!!! Oh and it smells fabulous. It may start off a little greasy but it sinks in within a couple of minutes.

on 1/13/2013 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love that this product really helps my dry skin. I hate that it is very greasy and the scent is not the best. I use this as a night cream because it is so greasy. What I do is heat the cream with my blow dryer this melts the cream slightly which makes it easier to apply. I have used this on my feet and leaves my feet ready for sandal season.

on 12/30/2012 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I'm not a fan of the lingering nutty scent, however, I can't stop using it and my hands and elbows have never looked better. I had an extremely bad, scaly, discolored dry patch on my left elbow, but after 2 weeks of religious use twice daily the patch has nearly disappeared.

To combat the greasiness of the product for daytime use; I use place a small amount between my palms to melt it and then pat it over my hands and massage it in. This way I find that I can go about my normal business in a much shorter amount of time.

The jar... I can't really complain about it as I can easily get every last penny's worth out of it versus having to cut open a tube or pump bottle (which I've never done out of sheer laziness, but still).

on 12/8/2012 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

First of all, I don't really think that putting hand cream into a small jar is that good of an idea. This product is quite moisturising but it takes too much time absorb into the skin. Its scent is ok but it is not entirely pleasing. There are so many different hand creams out there. So I don't think I will repurchase it.

on 12/7/2012 2:10:00 PM

I have used so many hand creams. My work dries out my hands something crazy and the winters are always rough on my hands. I typically use Aquaphor continuously through the cold weather months but recently picked up this in Target on a whim. It was almost $12 - kinda pricey. But I have been so impressed. I love the almond scent - it does linger which does not bother me. The big thing is that I have not had my hands look or feel this good in ages. It is improving the overall appearance of my skin drastically.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this on a whim when I had a horrible, peeling sunburn and needed a heavy moisturizer. I was specifically looking for something alcohol free, and this smelled so wonderful I had to have it! So I use this on my face before bed, and my skin is SO smooth! It also helped relieve some redness and tone issues. Highly recommend. I wouldn't ever use this on my hands as it's way too greasy, but it's perfect as a night creme.

on 5/29/2012 11:24:00 PM

Amazing, amazing, amazing!
It is very thick and oily but i only use this at night after applying cuticle oil. The best time to use such thick products is at night anyway because you arent washing the product off. I ALWAYS recommend this product to my clients (I am a beautician specialising in nails) I have used this cream for nearly 3 years, I always get compliments on how soft my hands are so I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE this cream. Buy buy buy!!

on 5/2/2012 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I bought this in a kit to try because my cuticles were in really bad shape. The combination with the lemon cuticle salve works great together. I have been only been using them both for about a week and they have done a great job in helping them get back to normal.
The only thing I don't like is that jar. It makes it hard to get the cream out other than that I love this stuff.
The reason for the 4 lippies is due to the container it comes in. But will buy again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this on a whim when Ulta had it on clearance for $5 instead of the usual $8-9. I like the rich almond scent when you open it and first apply it but it changes to an odd licorice-like scent after a few minutes. The texture is a bit slippery and gooey, and it takes some time to really soak into your skin because of the beeswax. This actually make my keratosis pilaris on my biceps somewhat better, and it worked well on my heels, elbows and hands. I probably wouldn't repurchase unless it were on clearance again since I'm sure I can find a better alternative at $9, but if almond scents and natural ingredients are your thing it's a nice cream to try out.

Bought mine awhile ago and have used about half the jar in fits and starts, but have since found other products that I like more, so I'm not sure if I'll get around to using this up. Like other reviewers have mentioned, the smell is wonderful, very almond-y and not artificially sweet. The packaging has a nice heft to it, too. But the product - eh... too waxy to be a great hand cream, it doesn't really sink in enough to moisturize effectively, and is very sticky besides. As a cuticle balm, it doesn't hold a candle to Burts' Lemon Cuticle Butter in terms of portability and quality. I guess I can't decide what this is best for... maybe it's time to scrape it out and repurpose the jar.