September 2, 2014 | 1563 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - Clean Liquid Makeup Oil Control

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by mschumps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So I was looking for a medium-coverage foundation with decent lasting power that would be easy to remove at the end of the day. Cover Girl Clean Makeup Oil Control (555 Soft Honey) looked promising, and as I've never used Cover Girl before, I thought I'd give it a try.

I was very disappointed. Here's why:

- there are flecks of sparkles in the formula. I like a matte look, especially for summer. I don't need to look extra sweaty.
- the foundation is nearly impossible to get out of the bottle. I'm a busy mom, so I need to slap my make-up on FAST. I almost have to bang the bottle against the counter to get the amount I need -- and it's a lot
-speaking of which, this stuff gives only very light coverage unless I apply LOTS of it with my fingers. Like SLATHER it on. And at that point, my skin just looks oily. Using a sponge, I find the formula doesn't even out my skin tone or cover the lightest spots.
-in hot weather, I feel like the foundation slides off my skin.

PROs? Not really. I'm trying to use it all up so I can get a different kind. Compared to L'Oreal's True Match foundation, this stuff isn't worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2013 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Girlybunny13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love this foundation I have the one for oily skin it's so cheap to :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by czarlenette

this was my first foundation i ever bought, and when i chose it, i just chose the most cheapest one on the walmart shelves to try out lol
i got it in soft honey for my MAC NC30 skin tone, and it was a pretty good match, It has sort of a clean smelling scent (which was expected hence the name) and it hid my acne a little, which makes me happy
i had to reapply it alot too but thats kinda ok

it had pretty good coverage and i just liked it a whole lot :))))))))))

its good for first time foundation users, if youre just looking for a simple foundation that will just cover up what you want it to go ahead and try it
and if you dont like it as much dont worry youre not loosing too much it was only $5 at my local walmart :))))))))

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Kylaah27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Very disappointed. It didn't cover anything up and it looked super cakey. Dries really fast too.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by LockMorgan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

EDIT--
I'm concerned that this is breaking me out, since my skin gets clearer when I don't use foundation, then I use foundation and I get irritated and start breaking out again. It could just be timing, but just to be on the safe side I won't be buying this again. (also, the colour I got it a tad cool for my skin tone)

I wasn't expecting very much from this foundation, to be completely honest, as I just needed a cheap replacement for the 3 in 1 foundation that made me break out. However, I was pleasantly surprised and while I will likely try something different once I'm out of this, I would consider buying it again. I have the colour buff beige which was a tad dark for me, but it ends up working out because my sunscreen has a serious white cast. On it's own, it does barely help my oil, if at all, but for a few hours after I apply it, I do look wonderfully satiny-matte. The coverage is definitely medium at most and I still need concealer for my spots. There is a bit of a smell, but it doesn't smell bad. It's very blendable and does take a while to set, which is nice. Gives me a chance to apply with my fingers and then buff it in with my buffing brush. I find it works best if I mix a bit of primer, my sunscreen, and a bit of a weak salicylic acid treatment cream in with it before applying it, which helps to control my oil and keep my skin clear. Definitely need to use powder with it though, but once I do I'm good for several hours. Overall, not a disappointment, but I know there are better DS foundations out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by caitx03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This makes my face so greasy!!!! I hate it. Luckily it was only a waste of 5 bucks. I don't understand how they say this is for oil control my face is practically melting off an hour after I apply it. Coverage sucks, smells, doesn't control oil...complete waste do not buy

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by LustAngel

I did not like this foundation. I choose many colors and every time I used a color it was wrong. The colors were either extremely pink or orange. My mother even commented one day that my face looked orange. Never again will I buy a Cover Girl foundation. I will buy any other product as long as it is not a foundation. Even the pressed powder by Cover Girl is awful.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by tori497

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am inclined to review a product if I've had an extraordinary experience, either good or bad, or when a product's ratings are all across the board. I had not used CG Clean Oil Control makeup since I was in junior high school for Halloween. It has not changed much at all since then. It has the same smell (slightly medicinal) and packaging; they even still have my shade.

As an adult I have come to terms with needing more when it comes to makeup. I cannot get away with slapping tinted moisturizer on and running out of the house. Not many foundations feel as good as this does on my skin and last as long. I DO NOT use this to cover my entire face. I am not to that point yet. I only apply to my t-zone, especially on the sides of nose to help with shine and minimize my pores and this works great for that. I apply a little at a time and blend quickly. As others have mentioned, this stuff sinks in fast. If I find I need a little more coverage, I go back over and add a little more. Most times I only use a small dab and blend it outward.

The match to my skin tone is great and once it's on, it's on! I agree the packaging could be better, perhaps a pump on the bottle or even putting it in a tube, but for the price and results, I can't complain. I guess this is just another of those love it or hate it products...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i like this, and i love the price. i paid $5.34 for this at Walmart. (It was $8.99 at the local rite aid.) i HATE the packaging. i don't like foundation bottles without a pump-- pain the butt to get the product out. This is very light coverage. Light weight. I needed 3 layers to get the desired coverage that I like for everyday use. Lasting power is okay. Not the most long-wearing foundation, but it stayed most of the day. (I worked out with it on, and after I was done, it was still on.) My favorite right now is still the Urban Decay Naked Skin, but this is ALOT cheaper. I prefer lighter coverage for Summer. I would repurchase,especially for the price. My only issue was that the shade I purchased, Classic Tan, was too dark. It worked well when I first applied, but it def oxidized throughout the day. I'm going to get the lighter shade, Honey. Overall, great for the price. If you want full coverage, it's not for you.

exit: Soft Honey is a perfect match for me. I've been wearing this everyday since I purchased it, under my Mark Matte-nificent powder, and it works well for me for everyday use. I prefer more natural looking, polished makeup (not too much coverage) for work, so this was perfect. lightweight, which is great & natural looking. love the price tag too! under $6 at Walmart. sure beats paying $39 for Urban Decay. Still Love Urban Decay, but i'll be using this one because it works well & it's affordable.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by erintotheizzo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Well, I went down to go get me a cold pop and then I thought somebody was barbecuing. I said OH LAWD JESUS IT'S A FIRE! On my face. If your skin is even the slightest bit sensitive, you might want to steer clear of this foundation. Got lots of little blister bumps around jaw line and forehead within 2 hrs of using the product. Ain't nobody got time for that.

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No