November 26, 2014 | 1796 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by supasparkle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Was advised by the mua on estee lauder not to use foundation round the eye area, and to use this concealer instead. Definitely the right advice as my make up looks so much better. It actually does quite a good job of covering my hereditary dark circles from hell that NO other concealer has been able to do. Think this may be HG....

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by DBelgium

This is a very good concealer. I have huge issues if it comes to under-eyes bags, dark circles etc. So I always test new products. This one is very cool - because it actually works. But only if I go through the following routine: after my whole moistorizing routine I do apply the concealer under my eyes, on my forehead between my eyebrows and right next to my nostrils. Just a few dots. Then I gently tap it into my skin and ..... leave it! Do not rub it in, do not try to force it into your skin. It will look like some paint that you applied. It will look artificial. But do not do anything! Be patient. Somehow it will sink in after half a minute or so. It will actually settle quite nicely without any further pressure applied.
Then comes the great moment when you apply your foundation (right now I am a big fan of the Shiseido Sheer and Perfect) and blend over the concealer. I apply it with my fingers, so no fancy brush or anything. And it works just fine. The two products work great together (Shiseido I use the B40 and for the concealer I have the 001 Light). My skin looks smooth and not really "made-up".
Just got the product but I guess it will last for ages.One needs only a tiny bit of the fluid.

During the day I rather use some powder to cover up, and in the evenings I might apply another bit of the foundation.

So, all in all a really nice product that I am happy to recommend.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by beccagolightly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Blue

Now this may just be my HG concealer. Double wear and double wear light foundations don't colour match me exactly so aren't perfect for me, but this concealer matches my skin tone and lasts for ages. It also doesn't break or dry me out. It is expensive, but lasts for ages.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Backmasking

I may have a slight addiction to this concealer.. I have it in 3 colors! One for correcting my severe under eye bags/darkness, one for blemishes/redness, and one for highlighting. I cannot rave enough about this product. It has such a natural finish, and it lasts all day. I even accidentally fell asleep with my makeup on one night, and I woke up with it still looking perfect! It's never cakey, never creases, and makes your skin look flawless. It's very high coverage which I need. HG concealer!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2014 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Notaglamourpuss1

It does indeed to a good job of concealing imperfections,HOWEVER there are 2 things I hold against it: The price and the fact after 3 days of using it, I broke out all over my chin and upper lip area. Whiteheads! It took my face 7 days to clear up. This product was labeled non comedogenic so obviously there was no truth in the advertising. Funny that EL's sister company, Clinique's concealer did the same thing.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by alg208

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

this is a good concealer. the packaging is nice, never had a problem with that. i have it in 02 - light medium which is too light for me but i wanted it to highlight my face/undereye area with. it does a good job at that. it's like $23, which is pretty pricey. i put "yes" to repurchase it again, but i don't know. it's pretty pricey, and it's an average concealer. i just like it because it lasts a long time on your skin. overall, i like it. i don't like the shade selection and i don't like the price. but i like how long it lasts and how creamy it is and how well it covers.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2013 11:56:00 AM More reviews by arcss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dry skin, this looks great to cover problem spots but not under my eyes, it loks great then it dries out and cracks. I have tryed mosturizer with it and other, stuff, ..... No, doesn't work under my eyes. I have 01 light and medium light. Use it from time to time.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Cecily8

I really like this concealer. It's pretty good coverage, not cakey, smooth looking and does not settle into fine lines. It is similar to MAC prolongwear but I think the coverage is better for my undereyes. One thing I do not like is that the colour does oxidize. I am NC30 with warm undertones and I bought Warm Light-Medium. The colour is a perfect match at first but sometimes when i look in natural light, it looks orangey. I am going to get the Warm Light as well to mix it. Overall I think this is a very good concealer. Although I will still use MAC prolongwear when I know i'll be photographed. ELDW has spf 10 and i'm worried about flashback.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 5:20:00 AM More reviews by jenny90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this concealer. It covers really well but I haven't found it to be cakey unless I apply it to already dry patches (no concealer would look nice on dry flaky skin anyway). I have oily skin and it holds up well throughout the day. My colour light-medium is a good match for my skin with yellow undertones. I use this as a spot and redness concealer and I have not used it under my eyes so I can't comment on that. Overall I would recommend this concealer, however, it is quite pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Lj806

LOVE THIS!

It isnt dry, goes on smoothy, and is SO THIN but AMZING COVERAGE!

I was hesatant using under my eyes, but it wasnt dry and didnt settle in my fine lines.

Its super cheap for what it is, only $30!!

Would buy again!