Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

4.2

New formula: Water\Aqua\Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Xanthan Gum, Alumina, Trisiloxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, [ /- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Mica]

I got this as part of a package deal when I bought the ester lauder double wear light foundation. Therefore I can't really comment on how economical it is / isn't.

I really like this (medium coverage) concealer. It matches my skin beautifully (intensity 2 during the summer, 1 during the winter), blends well, covers well. I've used this on both blemishes and under eye circles and it covers both beautifully. It's long wearing, has a nice (semi-matte) finish without being greasy or drying, hasn't caused me any allergic reactions or breakouts.

If you're looking for a long-lasting light - medium coverage concealer, this is definitely worth trying! I'm not sure yet if i'll repurchase this, or continue using my revlon colourstay concealer. I like them both a lot, it's a tough call!

on 6/19/2014 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I am darker complected so I got Deep Dark and I have a few scars on my jawline that I like to cover. This is the first concealer that I have found with this amount of coverage, but is still somehow not thick and pastey. I like that there is an applicator (I was using a concealer from Mac that did not have one, and it was just hard to know how much product you will need.) The color match is great for my skin, which is saying a lot because many high-end makeup brands have not quite gotten it right with the darker colors. Stays on well and I have not broken out at all. Looks great under my powder foundation.

on 6/6/2014 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am now 60 and from all my younger years in the sun I have the dreaded age spots. This product covers the spots dramatically. I also have some busted little vein areas around my cheeks and it covers them very well. All I have to do is gently tap in on the spot area and it magically disappears. I work 12 hour days and it never wares off, covers all day. Love , love, love this product.

on 5/28/2014 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

It's the perfect balance between a physical look and a good coverage. It doesn't define the fine lines below the eyes, it covers dark circles quite good and so any redness on the base of my nostrils. It's hydrating and feels delicate.

My eyes get irritated easily but not with this one. Much better that MACs Pro Long Wear which makes the skin under my eyes feel dry.

on 5/21/2014 9:27:00 AM

Like Double Wear foundation, this is a great & very reliable concealer.

The concealer is long-wearing and has good coverage. Very quickly after application the concealer 'sets' in place.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm nc25 and bought this in Light. It applies smoothly and has a nice texture, but it creases and wears off after 2 hours on me. Mac prolong wear is 10x better and cheaper!

on 5/7/2014 3:36:00 AM

I love Estée Lauder make up, but for some reason I really hate this concealer. It's so dry and looks so, so cakey, and makes my eyes look I've been through 3000 years of life. I keep trying to make excuses for it, like maybe my application is wrong or something, but honestly how wrong can someone who's very experienced with makeup be with applying their concealer? I'm disappointed that I even have to make excuses for it. Won't be buying this again, unfortunately!

I really do love this stuff. I apply once under foundation and once after (double wear). Always happy with the results. Not a huge fan of the applicator however....

on 4/8/2014 6:38:00 PM

This review is for the new formula, the one in the tube with doe foot applicator. They recently reformulated and added new shades. This is like a high end version of the color stay concealer also in the tube but there are a few differences. The color match for me is much better, something like 8 shades compared to 4. The lasting power is much better and stays in place once it sets. The downside is that it is drier and you have little time to work with it til it sets. All in all, one of the better concealers and worth a try. Its fluid in texture and isn't thick at all. There is also a lot more pigment but ensure you have no flakies around the eyes or prime since this will emphasise any dryness. This lasts all day and I don't need to touch up but the with revlon I do. I also tried the concealer in the little compact, also in the double wear range but that is way too thick and I feel this is a much better product.

on 4/3/2014 4:57:00 AM

So Double Wear Concealer and me are two weeks into our new relationship and quite liking each other despite a few teething problems at the start.

This concealer is a little bit more tricky than slap on and go and takes a bit of experimentation to get the application perfect - but when you do it isn't going anywhere fast and that;s a good thing!

I have found the best way to apply is under eyes while my skin is still slightly moist from moisturiser - using just a very small swipe with the wand under each eye (let's emphasize small as you don't need much of this at all - a little goes a very long way). The doe foot applicator doesn't bother me as its only me using it and always on clean skin. I like this best applied under foundation and let it set while I do my eye makeup. When its time to apply foundation its already firmly in place and buffing in liquid foundation does not effect it in anyway. I experimented using over liquid foundation but found it looked a bit cakey and could not get it to blend the same.

I'm NC15 and have this in 01 "Light" - its a great fit. (arm swatch above of Light) I can see this tube lasting eons as you don't need much at all and even though I have other very worthy concealers feel I probably would repurchase this one.