Make Up For Ever Super Matte Loose Powder

4.1

on 1/18/2011 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

this is a very nice setting powder..it doesn't hurt my sensitive/dry skin and it really does help the makeup last longer..its not my hg but its not bad either..i would repurchase.

on 8/4/2010 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

This finishing powder did little to nothing in terms of "controlling" sebum production. My face was an oily mess within an hour or two after applying this over my foundation, and it caked up a lot more than the powder I used before this. I did find that using a makeup-fixing spray helped to not have this powder cake up, but my face was still as oily as when I do not use any sort of mattifying products on my face.

on 7/30/2010 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Best powder in my opinion, tossed out all the rest I had. I have this in Translucent and though it's on the lighter side, it looks very natural, I just finish off my look with blush and bronzer if I want a more made up look or more colour. The powder itself is so light and airy and I love using the puff on my face and then blending it with my face brush- warning: don't puff carelessly around your nose and sniff at the same time! :)
All in all, does not cake at all, leaves me super matte and polished. I've had it for many months now and still heaps left. Love it.

on 5/11/2010 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

have been using this for about two weeks now, after returning nars loose powder because of the breakouts. so far i love this powder.. good price (25$?) helps control oil without breaking me out, matte finish but doesnt look cakey or drying, coverage is sheer but can be bult on if you set the powder with the puff rather than a brush.. i still use my makeup forever hd powder over this one also and it looks great together.

on 5/4/2010 4:01:00 PM

I've been using this for over a month and I just love it. I had initially gone to Sephora to find Nars' loose powder but they all seem to be out. But, I needed a finishing powder and I came across this one. I'm glad that I did. It's super matte on my face. It gives a smooth and even finish and the powder does not settle on my giant pores. This is a major plus!! Iím so glad that they run out of Nars and I found this one instead. I will definitely repurchase but it may take a while since there is a lot product and I use this everyday!

on 2/28/2010 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm NC30ish and use Translucent (12); it really is translucent so there's no white cast. I apply with MUFE's kabuki brush.

Super Matte is finely milled, so it does not look cakey as I've found MAC Blot to be. It has a nice finish, but nothing mindblowingly special. Its lasting power is not the greatest.

Meow Cosmetic's Top Cat Finishing Powder beats Super Matte in all categories and it is currently my favorite.

Some finishing powders I've tried: MAC Blot, MAC MSFN, UD Razor Sharp, Meow Cosmetics Top Cat, Alima Satin Finishing Powder, Fyrinnae Oil-Control

on 1/31/2010 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am a longtime fan of MAC Blot Powder (pressed) to keep any oiliness on my combination skin in check, but I was in the mood to try something new, so I bought Make Up for Ever Super Matte Loose Powder at Sephora. Shade 12 (Translucent) works well on my very pale skin (I use MAC Blot in Light). It's certainly the best loose powder I've used, but I still prefer MAC Blot for two reasons: (1) I did a split-face test, applying one powder to each side of my face. I applied both with a powder brush rather than the puffs that come with the products. Upon initial application, the side with the MUFE powder definitely looked better since it was less obviously powdery. However, within a couple hours and for the rest of the day, the MAC side looked better because it was less oily. I'd rather look better for the bulk of the day, especially since I don't usually leave the house immediately after applying my makeup. (2) I really prefer the convenience of pressed powder since it takes up less space when I travel. Overall, MUFE Super Matte Loose Powder is nice, but I still prefer MAC Blot Powder.

Ingredients: talc, silica, nylon-12, silk powder, propylparaben, butylparaben, methylparaben, dehydroacetic acid. May contain: iron oxides, mica, red 27 lake, titanium dioxide, yellow 10 lake, red 7 lake, red 21 lake, yellow 6 lake, ultramarines, blue 1 lake, yellow 5 lake, red 6, manganese violet, chromium oxide greens, chromium hydroxide green, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica, calcium sodium borosilicate, tin oxide. continued >>

on 1/28/2010 4:28:00 PM

Great loose powder. Leaves everything matte, but not dead matte like the blot powder often did. Love that the powder puff can fit in the cap for travel. I'd repurchase but I haven't even made a dent in it and I've had it for over 6 months already.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

itchy!!!!!! I cant stand wear it, even though it made my face matt and not so oily. I tried to use it for a week, but then zits came in, so I stopped it. Feel sorry coz it's still a lot in the jar...

on 1/7/2010 1:12:00 AM

VERY good powder to set foundation, makes the skin look very healthy and mate.

Recommended for Normal Skin