September 17, 2014 | 1910 users online

Top/Base Coats - OPI - Start to Finish Base & Top Coat

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2009 4:19:00 AM More reviews by anamatovska

This is a decent run of the mill all in one - id rather purchase manicare or revlon. This is really glossy, but really thick. Half way through the bottle the formula went weird and got all bubbly when applied and stringy. So if you want to pay for half a bottle - go for it. I have read a few others complaining of this same and i thought it wasn't true..till now. Do not reco - unlike the np which is believe have some of the most beautiful colours out there. ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2009 9:31:00 AM More reviews by silver7139

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

To me this is worthless. I take my time to do my nails. For a base, 2 coats, and a topcoat I'll do it while watching an hour tv show - so i give sufficient time for everything to dry. I use this topcoat and it will chip in a day even with opi nail polishes. Would not purchase again. Expected more from a brand like opi.

oh and the brush separates from the handle and i have to pry to get it off to attach it to the handle. and i don't even leave the rim messy...

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2009 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Eddie13

I bought this to save space (and i thought money) but it's awful, it bubbles and usually within a day i have it peeling off..

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2009 5:18:00 PM More reviews by ritadebora

I love this product until the bottle reaches the middle. I explain: When you buy it, and this is my opinion, it's perfect as a base and awsome as a top coat. My nails doesn't look yellow when I remove polish (including dark colors) and my polish looks shinny and lasts me the 7 days of the week. The problems begin when you reach the middle of the bottle, you start to get bubbles on your nails. Even if you use it only as a base coat, the bubbles will show trought your polish. This is a terrible thing. The product just dries too fast on the bottle. I think OPI should make either a smaller bottle for this product (since you will never use the whole bottle because of what I stated before) and of course, reduce its price, or review the formula.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2009 8:41:00 PM More reviews by lowenbajowen

Okay so I've had this for a while (like almost a year) and I'm always trying to use it in combination with different top coats and even different nail polishes, but this is just full of EPIC FAIL. >:[

When you use it as a top coat and brush it over the nail polish, it smears the nail polish down with the brush. (Definitely ruins an attempt at a french manicure.)
But this chips and just PEELS OFF like crazy whenever I take a shower, swim in the pool, or even just wash my hands. I've tried this so many times, and its just crap. Please don't waste your money, this is a horrible product.

failfailfailfailfailasdlkfjlsjdkf.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2009 4:43:00 AM More reviews by erica_74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Horrible,

I just used it 5-6 times because for some reason IT DRIED OUT IN THE BOTTLE!!!!...I don't know how that happened, I always cleaned residue and closed the cap firmly (to the point I had a hard time opening it the next time).
It left my nails dried out and brittle..... Horrible, just horrible product.....And so pricey, I almost cry everytime I think for the same amount of money I could go for a professional manicure treatment.....

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2009 5:54:00 PM More reviews by lmowbra7

i got this nailpolish in my cosmo kit for school, and i was really excited about it. i've been trying it for like a week, and EVERY SINGLE TIME is bubbles like CRAZY! it's horrible. HORRIBLE. i've wasted SO much nailpolish trying to figure out why it was bubbling cause i was sure it wasn't some OPI nailpolish. DO NOT TRY/BUY THIS. IT'S A WASTE OF YOUR TIME AND MONEY.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2009 7:10:00 PM More reviews by junkie_on_prowl

I have absolutely no good comments to say about this. This is my first OPI purchase and I thought I would start from this and then slowly buy other colours. This cost me 10 which is such a rip off considering the bad quality. It didn't dry to a smooth surface and started chipping within 2-3 days. I had to repurchase Sally Hansen's Double Duty Top and Base coat which costs less and works way better than this does.

I've always been wowed by OPI colours... but after this experience I don't know if I will even buy any of their colours! How could they get base/top coats wrong?

What makes it worse is that I can't throw this away as it was expensive!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by dreamystore

dry fast & nice texture when apply as base coat, but somehow don't work the same for top coat despite its purpose. Do not have the glossy finish that is expected for top coat, and the bubbles it create quite disappointing... And the mild gloss finish only last for 1 day or 2. My fren comment that y didnt i apply top coat....

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2009 5:03:00 PM More reviews by teestar9

horrible product, takes forever for my polish to dry. Bubbles every time! and it's streaky. Just and overall terrible product for $15CAD, not worth a cent.