August 2, 2014 | 1486 users online

Fragrances - Chloe - Narcisse

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2007 10:11:00 AM More reviews by mynonA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Warm, pretty, calming and just simply perfect.
I just got my first bottle of Chloé Narcisse, and I couldn't be more grateful to myself. My first thought was that I recognize this scent from my childhood somehow, although I can't remember from where or on who. Perhaps a kindergarten teacher? A neighbor? A relative? I'll never know. But I do know that this precious perfume will stay close to me for the rest of my life.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2007 5:16:00 PM More reviews by cara1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I know this scent is definitely not for everyone, but I tend to like stronger scents. It's heady and sweet, but IMO not sickenly so. It's also inexpensive. I tend to get a lot of compliments when I wear this (although not as many as my beloved Guerlain Samsara).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2007 2:05:00 PM More reviews by fqari84

I got this as a sample some time back...i love the scent...it smells sweet but not the pungent kinda sweet...its more of a soft and very feminine kind of sweet, very, very floral, abit fruity and i detect a bit of woodiness or green in it too...the scent is baby-doll-like, beautiful and very, very girly...i want to get one sometime soon...the bottle is very boring and cheap looking, but then not many ppl wear this fragrance so tht's a definite plus!
EDIT: I looked up the notes that make up this wonderful fragrance, and here it is:
Top Notes: Living Red Plumerias (red plumeria flowers have a luscious coconutty-rose scent), Orange Flower, Apricot (so that's where the sweet succulent, ripe note came from!), Marigold (marigold flowers have a distinct citrusy-spicy floral scent)
Middle Notes: Rose, Jasmine, Narcissus (the special star of the fragrance, mingling among the equally potent florals like jasmine and rose), Spices (this gives the fragrance a little added sexiness, a little added kick to stop the potent bouquets from getting too heavy and flat)
Base Notes: Sandalwood (gives a soft, powdery finish), Tolu balsam (this makes the fragrance dry down into something greener and more earthy...kinda like what u imagine the flower's stems and leaves would smell like), Musk (the almost undetectable, sexy animalic note peeks through subtly and sensuously), Vanilla (uber feminine sweet vanilla keeps the fragrance smelling lucsciously sweet amongst the other earthier base notes)

I think this perfume really is more than just a fragrance, it's a work of art! Mariella Burani is another 'cheap' perfume that's as complex. I love them both more than RL's Romance and CK's Truth!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2007 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Ava_B

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought a bottle about 10 or more years ago and it's still half full. It's not that I didn't like it, it was just soooo strong. I would actually spray it on something the day before I wore it because it would give me a headache. I think I would like it more if the scent were toned down and made into a lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2006 8:21:00 AM More reviews by kooky_pound

I remember in the early 94 i had 3 perfumes i loved.........New West, Beautiful and Eternity. But i had them all, i wanted to try a new release so i saw a bottle of Chloe Narcisse in a gift pack with lotion and shower gel.
I thought i might buy this, i like the smell, wow i still love the smell 12 years after!.
I loved people asking "What is that perfume!", it was rare once!.
Still a warm fragrance, promotes a feeling of self love!.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2006 2:35:00 AM More reviews by expat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, this was a total miss for me... I was expecting something softly floral and unusual. What I got was something sharp, peppery, and cheap smelling. Not nice at all with my particular body chemistry. In fact, I feel a bit ill after spritzing some on an hour ago. The fact that so many reviewers love this scent just reinforces the need to test fragrances on your own skin before buying (something I could not do since it's not available in my area and I had to order online).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2006 6:30:00 PM More reviews by tippie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Chloe Narcisse is one of my favorite cool weather scents,it is so sweet and heady and intoxicating! I love it and my DH finds it to be the sexiest fragrance I own!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2006 6:52:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a definite departure for me. Normally I go for the clean, fresh, "white" scents, but I've loved this for more years than I can remember. It's rich and spicy and very strong, so restraint is advised. Of all the perfumes I use (and there are quite a few since I'm so fickle), this is the one that has the most and strongest reactions from both men and women. Men follow me around, people touch me, lean toward me sniffing with their eyes half-closed... it's really bizarre, but I understand it because it still has the power to almost hypnotize me. I run a hand through my hair and catch a whiff on my wrist, and once again I'm under its spell. Last month I got a 6.7 oz mamasan-sized bottle for $26.99 at Ross. That will last me for the rest of my life.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2006 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Goddess_Dreams

Like most people here at MUA I too have had previous experience with this fantastic gem of a scent! But here is what I think the thing is with the negative reviews… most people who find themselves disliking it, think of it as a ‘cheepie’ fragrance… and to he fair, it can be found for next to nothing at many e-stores as well as discount fragrance outlets… But, I gotta tell ya, this is an phenomenal blend of a terrific floriental fragrance… exciting and quite beautiful… So let’s just say that it came is a Serge Lutens bottle and label… I think most people would be crazy about it, instead of dismissing it as something not worthy of them… I like it, a lot in fact. And even though I don’t have a chance to wear it as often as I’d like, since I love wearing something different every day, Narcisse is most certainly worthy of being in my collection! And that's where it will stay for many, many years to come I hope :)

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2006 11:29:00 AM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

Wow, I haven't worn this in sooo long. It is a fragrance that I wore in high school. I do like the scent of it, it is a somewhat unique scent. I can just imagine how it smells and I haven't even smelled it in years. It is memorable.