July 28, 2014 | 1004 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Tree Hut - Nut Butter

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2004 4:05:00 PM More reviews by zangreen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

WOW!! This smells great, smooths on nicely, and is super cheap. I only found 1 tub at Target (it's an hour away for me). Our stinkin' Wally doesn't carry it, they have something called Simply Basic but it's not the same. I love this and will repurchase if I can find it. Anyone know how to get it online?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2004 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Cinnamon1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in Mango, used it a couple of times, got completely nauseated, and tossed it. I still give it three lippies because it is a really good moisturizer, but people! Take the scent down a notch or two!! You're making people sick. **UPDATE 9/12/07** It seems hit-or-miss with the scents. I tried Original and Almond and Honey recently. Almond also made me sick, but the Original is quite nice. I used it after I showered and used the Original scrub, and wow. It makes your skin feel delicious. I used the butter according to the directions on the TreeHut Website; it's a shame they aren't also on the jar! I find the product way too thick and greasy to slather on dry skin, but if you smooth some on while you're still damp from the shower and then pat off or better yet, let yourself dry naturally, you'll feel so soft and smooth--and NOT greasy! Planning to try the scrub and butter in Brazilian Nut scent next time. I also got the face cleanser...not bad!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2004 9:30:00 AM More reviews by PinkTomato

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried the Nut Butter and Mango and it works as well or better actually than the more expensive brands such as at The Body Shop. It is not overly greasy and it smells good. My boyfriend has very dry skin and swears by it. Definitely a nice product for the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2004 2:32:00 PM More reviews by sultana1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

review regarding MANGO BUTTER:
i love it i love it i love it. i bought my third jar from target...i go through one every three weeks it seems. i use it all over my body, on my eyes, faces, everywhere. i have super oily skin--never has made me break out. i don't put it on oily places on my face cuz i don't need anything there...but in the dry areas, this is thick and absorbs quickly, absolutely no greasy oily after feel. i love the smell. bf loves the smell. everyone loves the smell of mango butter...i am always getting comments like "you smell nice...what is it?" it has shea butter too so you get the healing properties of shea butter as a bonus. i smelled the other two-- the nut butter and the shea butter one---they smell bad to me. but the mango has the same fraction of shea butter plus a magnificent smell. $4.99 at target.

this is a hg for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2004 8:32:00 PM More reviews by thickythickred

This butter smells amazing. It has an exotic scent that I can't quite pinpoint but whenever I use it my boyfriend says I smell so good. It is very moisturizing and to me smells way better than The Body Shop butters and it's for a fraction of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2004 7:01:00 PM More reviews by breezes127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't understand the bad ratings for this, I have the mango butter and I adore the scent and the texture. I thick it applys easy and isn't as greasy as TBS stuff. I would certainly buy again & I am going to buy the Nut butter & the Coconut Butter too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2004 10:32:00 AM More reviews by sugarbunny0

This is my new favorite lotion. :) Although not as moisturizing as TBS nut butter, it smells heavenly and is only $4. You can't beat that--I want to eat this stuff!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2004 2:01:00 PM More reviews by ClaireLily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

While I love the scent and price of this knock-off, I find the texture horribly tacky and waxy. I tried applying this on damp skin, but it inevitably balls up on my skin- not pleasant at all. I tested this on my right arm, and TBS Nut butter on my left arm- TBS is definitely made my skin smoother and softer. It also kept me hydrated all day, which the Tree Hut butter doesn't.
I threw this out and would not repurchase. I will continue to buy TBS, even if it is 3 times as expensive- there is no comparison in my book.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2004 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Kimberly326

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this in Mango Butter and it smells divine, and softens my skin like velvet:) I am in love and am going back to purchase this in Nut Butter! Mmmm... I literally can't stop feeling my arms & legs!
NOTE: The trick to applying this (not really a trick this is what it says on the directions) is to smooth it on right after a shower so it goes on much easier and is absorbed by your skin:) Update: Just bought the Nut Butter;)This smells so good I might eat it... continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2004 10:50:00 AM More reviews by rossjen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is definitely too sticky/heavy for the warmer months, and the scent was getting a bit much for me, it is very intense. It also seemed to peel off of my skin, rather than moisturize. I tried one other formula (shea), with the same results. Wouldn't buy again.