Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Ingredients for Colorless: Talc, Aluminum Hydroxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. /////////// Talc, aluminum hydroxide, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid.

on 8/8/2012 7:27:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Wow, this powder is fantastic. I was loving a sample of Tarte Amazonian Clay Smooth Operator, but not the price. Did a little research here, and came up with this gem, and bought a bottle on eBay for $8 total. What a find!! It's finely milled, keeps my shiny t-zone at bay for hours, and has such a great finish. Love, love, love, love.

on 8/4/2012 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love it. Can't live without it. Mattifying, non-cakey, blocks sweat, sets concealer, feels soothing and cool on the skin, ... contains aluminium (inhaling aluminium and/or getting it in your eyes, absorbing it through pores is extremely bad for health). :'( Neutral Set seriously impressed me with its wear, ease of use, no nonsense packaging, and beautiful finish. I went back to high end cosmetics in search of something that would work without the antiperspirant and haven't found anything that comes close to this simple powder. Back to the theatrical supply shop for me. Next up is Ben Nye's Cameo visage poudre, hopefully it works just as well in the summer months.

Edit: I found something better! Tarte's poreless powder, it lasts longer and mattifies better. Only downside so far is that it's made in China and CRAZY expensive for powder.

on 7/30/2012 11:17:00 PM

I really wanted this product to be what everyone is raving about....unfortunately, it does NOT exceed my expectations. In fact, it's well below mine.

First, it controlled my oil for the first few days, but after that I was oily again :(

Second, after several hours, it begins to look cakey. I had to pat my face with my fingers to blend out the cakey-ness. How embarrasing.

I do like that it is fairy translucent and isn't too heavy. Other than that, I won't buy this product again.

on 7/8/2012 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Great product!!! This powder is very fine and blends into your skin very easily. I use a powder brush to press this powder onto my eyes and cheeks after I apply eyeshadows and blush. Then I brush off the excess lightly all over my face. It helps me set my make up and keep oil off my face. I love it!!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My favorite setting powder! I use this in my kit as well as for myself. I wouldn't use this on all skin tones, even though it claims to be ok. Instead I would use the banana powder for tan/dark skin. Excellent price tag for how much you get.

on 6/6/2012 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this based on the great reviews after I seen pretty cheap on a website. I tried it on half my face...my sampled side had an instant airbrush like quality but still looked natural. There was no trace of white and didn't affect the color my other makeup at all. For those claiming it does they must be heavy handed? I worked out pretty intense at home for half hour and ran to the mirror and reviewers were right, this STUFF IS INCREDIBLE. My makeup was still on and while I was pretty red, my makeup looked ten times better than the other half of my face without the setting powder. I'm pretty excited to own this product:)

on 5/30/2012 7:03:00 PM

After reading all the great reviews on this product, I decided to give it a try. I bought the "small" 1.75 oz on ebay for 6 USD, it wasn't until I received it that I realized how much powder you get for your money, you get a lot of product!. So far, its been great, it controls oil very well, sets the foundation nicely and leaves no white cast.

on 5/30/2012 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

When I was a make up artist at Walt Disney Entertainment stocked this powder in every color/shage that we could get. So this product is old school to me. Males, females, stage, film, society ....it works for every application. It layers beautifully as well. Always a staple in my kit.
Love love love, did I say love it.

I love this powder!! This is HG status for sure. I was using Coastal Scents Silica Spheres (MUFE HD powder knock off) for a couple of years, and was happy with it for the most part. I decided to try this on a whim and it blows SS out of the water! My main gripe with SS was that when I used concealer on a blemish, after buffing on the SS with my Mac 187 brush the concealer would be rubbed off and I had to reapply. This doesn't happen with Neutral Set at all! It also sets my undereye concealer perfectly and doesn't crease all day. Neutral set seems to control oil better than SS too, although I don't have a huge issue with that either way. This provides a nice matte finish while still allowing the slight shimmer of my blush to show through. For the amazing price, you can't beat this powder!

on 5/12/2012 12:53:00 PM

Love it!!

I was after a setting powder for my foundation (Revlon colorstay) and bought this because of the good reviews on here. And I was definitely not dissapointed. I actually didn't realise how highly I rated it until I ran out and had to use another powder for a few days!

It sets my foundation beautifully, and although my nose becomes shiny after a while (I generally have rather dry skin, apart from an oily nose) I just dab some more powder over it and it's perfect again. It doesn't look cakey or dry... it can look a bit white-ish if you put too much on, but I find that can be easily removed with a powder puff (I've gone off brushes). Also works perfect for setting foundation/concealer under my eyes.

Not the most perfect packaging, but I just use an old powder jar I kept (having bought the biggest jar of Ben Nye I could get hold off).

So all in all I would say this is my HG powder and I'll be definitely sticking with it!

Recommended for Normal Skin