August 29, 2014 | 1857 users online

Eye Shadow - Physicians Formula - Eyebrightener, Natural Eyelight(powder)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2006 6:02:00 PM More reviews by etooz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hmm. I got this in a little three-in-one pack at Eckerd. When I first put it on, it looks weird and powdery (in a bad way) and washed me out. After about 20-30 minutes, it blended with the oils on my eyelids and sank in nicely. I have pretty deep-set eyes, so this "opened up" my face a bit. I'm pretty pleased with it. It's not AMAZING, but it is of good quality. The packaging bothers me, though. It's so wasteful! They waste a lot of plastic on this compact. The company should just make a smaller shell for it. Also, it's a little pricey. I looked at the normal price, which was like 8 USD. No buy again for me...but I still like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2006 8:26:00 PM More reviews by miz16

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just happened to see this product at Walgreens and thought it sounded interesting. I tried it and I really like it. It does make my eyes look brighter. It does seem to be more of a silvery white than rainbow but I like the results. My eyes seem brighter and younger. This was a good buy for me which by the way was $7.89 in Ohio.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2006 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Elveanare

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I have pink toned light skin, and small-ish blue eyes and this really helps to brighten up my face. It looks pretty natural on me, while it is a silvery-white I apply it with a large eyeshadow brush and it adds just a touch of brightness to my eyes. Really helps make me eyes looks bigger and brighter, and the stuff has lasted forever! I've had it more than a year and I've hardly made a dent in the dish!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2006 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Luxie17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love what Penance said about this making her look like a rockstar panda bear...so funny. When I first used the eyebrightener today I didn't think I could pull off the bright silver color. It reminded me of playing dress up as a kid. But once I finished the rest of my makeup, my eyes seemed less "princess" and more awake. It doesnt crease and the color fades to a more flattering shade. I like it. An easy way to brighten your face without looking overdone.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2006 12:10:00 AM More reviews by MakeupJunkie07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a white eyebrightening eyeshadow. It does brighten my eyes, but the white color is a little too harsh for my pale skin to use this as an all over color. But I think that this will work well as a highlighting eyeshadow base. I really like how this eyeshadow comes with a soft brush and mirror. It's not the best brush, but it will work for quick touch ups. My only complaint about this eyeshadow is that it creases rather quickly. Overall, I would buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2006 11:23:00 PM More reviews by aimeeb12

wow i've found my HG highlighter! i have been looking for a product like this for awhile. it is whitish but not too white and has wonderful staying power.perfect for the browbone.not too shimmery/glittery.nice sheen.i wouldn't use it by itself as an allover color tho because it would be too harsh on my pale skin.the brush that came w/it sucked & the container is too big &i believe thats why the product is so high priced for a drugstore item.thats why i knocked a lippie off but i WILL repurchase!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2006 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Ruth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This eyebrightener does not brighten. I am very cool complexioned and light skinned. The multicolor chips which appear as flecks of turquoise, yellow, pearl and fuschia in the pan blend into a grayish white frost. I wouldn't even call it a silver color. Beware if you have warm skin tones. All the Physician's Formula multi-hued products blend into ordinary shades when applied. There is no special benefit from having different colors of chips, patches or balls. It all turns into an conventional tint of mint green, yellow, beige or what-have-you. This powder eyeshadow is rather coarse in texture, too. Not a helpful product. The little brush included is ineffectual. There is a triangle of mirror in the lid.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2006 11:39:00 AM More reviews by sims0021

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Unfortunately, this product doesn't work well for me. The brush that comes with it is pitiful but even with one of my good brushes, I did not like the overall effect. For my tastes, it is too shimmery. I was hoping it would provide a neutral/natural look to my eyelids but without the shimmer. 'Twas not to be. I will say that it does brighten the dark tint my eyelids have but not to where I will keep this product. I have in my bag, ready to return to CVS this afternoon.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2006 3:43:00 PM More reviews by psych12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff becuase the skin around my eyes is quite dark, so I need to brighten it up. If I'm in a rush, I can just put this on and it automatically brightens my eyes. It also work with other eye makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2005 5:32:00 PM More reviews by katiepants

The package said "Natural Eyelight." However, when applied, it looked decidedly unnatural. The effect was similar to how Pete Doherty looked at Live 8--lots and lots of conspicuous glitter. Also, the included brush was somewhat difficult to control.