September 1, 2014 | 1966 users online

Shampoo - Garnier - Fructis Anti-Dandruff Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2007 2:47:00 PM More reviews by librarian_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I sometimes have mild itchy scalp and dandruff. I've got normal, naturally wavy hair that I do not color treat. I use the 2 in 1 formula and very much like the results. I've usually got soft waves. Except in extreme heat and humidity, when I switch to Head and Shoulders Sleek and Shine. I like the fresh, fruity scent of the Fructis products, although I wish it wasn't quite as powerful. I haven't experienced this shampoo making my hair feel dry.
Garnier Fructis Anti-Dandruff Shampoo treats my itchy scalp and flakes and leaves me with soft hair. For the price, this is a steal.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2007 3:47:00 AM More reviews by pinkpeonie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this to relieve the occasional itchy, dry scalp I suffer from, and I have to say, my hair and scalp LOVE this - immediately removes any dry flakes, and leaves my dry, frizz prone hair looking smooth and full of volume. Bonus non-medicated smell (it smells typically fructis - fruity) an excellent product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2006 3:45:00 PM More reviews by nepthys

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I get winter dandruff where my head gets quite dry and itchy. My mom bought Garnier Fructis Anti-Dandruff Shampoo for me. I love it. It's a thick, rich lather and the results are almost instant. It leaves no build-up on my hair and cleans very well. It's got a very nice scent to it and comes in an attractive package.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2006 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Jadey0731

I get some dandruff rarely so I usually just use dandruff shampoo to make sure it doesn't pop up. The Garnier did an okay job for me as a shampoo but not for dandruff. It seemed just like ragular shampoo. But most of Garnier's other products are pretty good. I love the scents.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2006 11:18:00 AM More reviews by lirontocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My "little secret" is that I have very bad dandruff. I have dry skin all over my body and this does not exclude my scalp. I have been battling it ever since I can remember and can absolutely not use shampoos which are not formulated anti-dandruff, as my dandruff will pop back up in a matter of hours if I don't treat it daily. I am normally a fan of Garnier products, so the moment I became aware of this new product I knew I had to try it, especially since it claims to have "fortifying" properties which prevents hair from falling out (I lose a very big amount of hair on a daily basis). After washing my hair with this product on a daily basis for the past month I can honestly say that it is the best anti-dandruff shampoo I have ever used. It cleans hair very well and I have not seen one single piece of dandruff on my head since I have started using it. Really - not a single one. Since I also happen to have an insane amount of hair fall out every day (as is known for girls with thick hair and curls), this product has not canceled out this problem entirely (nor did I expect it to) but I am losing less hair and my hair is much less prone to breakage. Overall I am very satisfied with this product and it lives up to it's claims. I see no other reason to switch to another product now or in the future and I can whole-heartedly recommend it for those who have heavy dandruff and a lot of hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2006 11:27:00 PM More reviews by nlparker25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very mild dandruff, and it usually pops up in the summer. My scalp gets itchy and flakes pop up along my hairline and the front parts of my hair. This shampoo is cheaper than Head and Shoulders or T-gel and smells a whole lot better! Head and Shoulders made my hair dry and stinky, ditto for the t-gel just even worse. I use it about every third shower and it's keeps me in check. Finally, something that helps my dandruff without turning my hair into a dry stinky mess!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2006 12:51:00 PM More reviews by plagued67

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well I must admit that at first this shampoo was fine; I only used it since it just kept my hair at an average condition and didn't ruin it at all. Also, I didn't have any dandruff.
However, I've been using it for the past 3 months as I can't really be bothered to try any other one just in case it ruined my hair, and I've found that I've started to get even more dandruff.
So basically, good at first but don't use for too long. Better to stick to Head and Shoulders!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2006 12:24:00 PM More reviews by ramonesbrat

It's embarrassing to admit, but I have terrible, horrible, unattractive dandruff that I've tried to treat with multiple dandruff shampoos that haven't helped my condition at all. Garnier Fructis Anti-Dandruff Shampoo is a really unique product. It's the only dandruff shampoo I've ever used that has made my hair soft, smooth, and moisturized, not like HAY! After three uses, I was completely flake-free. The smell is really pleasant as well. I tried another Garnier Fructis shampoo a couple years ago and didn't find the smell as pleasing as this was, so perhaps they reformulated or it's a scent unique to this shampoo; I don't know. It's very, very nice though. This is shampoo has become a staple in my shower and I'm normally a "I'll only buy it if it comes from a salon" girl.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2006 10:00:00 PM More reviews by kirana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I loove this shampoo! I've been using it for years. I used to have dandruff problem but it was gone after using this shampoo a few times. I don't really have dandruff anymore but I keep using this shampoo since it's cheap, smells great (like sweet and creamy mangoes to me), and makes my hair clean, soft and shiny. It doesn't dry out my hair at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2005 7:16:00 AM More reviews by livtylerjadian

This is the only shampoo that has been able to get rid of my itchy and flaky scalp. I would nnot say that i have dandruff but my scalp tends to become itchy and as i scratch it it tends to becoem flaky as well. This shampoo helped tone down teh itchyness after the first wash. I have since been using this and its good enough to use without a conditioner. Smells great but may be overpowering at times. Now i use this every other day as i combine it with LUSH's seaweed shampoo bar which is great but tends to be drying without teh conditioner.