August 1, 2014 | 1231 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - Lift Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 4:52:00 AM More reviews by mec1223

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've tried oodles & gobs of concealers, from drugstore to the $50 concealers and this has become my HG. I've been using it for almost 2 years now.

I'm in my mid-40's and it doesn't settle in the fine lines around my eyes...YAY! The #3 shade is a perfect match for my NW25 skin.

I will definitely be purchasing again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Katie75007

Overall, this is a great concealer that I will more than likely repurchase. I use #1, Pink Beige, which is excellent for brightening my under eye area, as well as concealing my blue-toned dark circles / tear ducts. Its liquid consistency makes it very blendable, and it does not cake or settle into creases or fine lines. While I generally like the consistency, I will say that it does not cover as well as some concealers do (at least in my experience) -- it lacks staying power.

I am not a huge fan of the packaging -- you have to be very careful squeezing the tube, because it's easy to squeeze out way too much product. Still, if you squeeze gently, it's fine -- and it's very pigmented, so a tiny bit goes a long way!

I have been using this for several months, and I have not noticed any "lift" effects...but at $22, I was not expecting a miracle, either! It's a very good concealer.

For reference, my skin is NW5-10 / NARS Siberia.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Tahari

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm sending this back to Sephora. The packaging is HORRIBLE!! Its a tube and when I unscrewed the top the first time, the concealer started coming out! It was a mess! The product itself isn't the problem. I wanted something to lesson my mild dark circles, and this DID do that. But I use Make Up For Ever's foundation and that is comparable to the Lift Concealer.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2011 5:54:00 AM More reviews by omfgxstephhi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i tried using this to cover my severe dark circles,
it lightens and actually emphasizes my dark circles. it turns more of a grey than purple, which was even worse.
it has a really sheer texture id say it would be good for like around the nose.

i didnt really like the packaging it could leak

good thing about this was it doesn't really crease it gives my skin a dewy look but yeah.
dont buy it if you're trying to cover dark circles with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2011 6:54:00 PM More reviews by EmeraldCharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use the concealer for under eye circles and as a bas on my eyelid. I find it to be moist not heavy or drying like some concealer are for the eye area. Drier concealers that are more matte tend to feel heavier and give heavy coverage but leave the eyes looking too makeup-y and cakey. This isn't greasy either, I really like the lightweight feel. It does give good coverage and can be easily used with other concealers if I want or need more coverage for me dark circles that day especially if I do not get much sleep.
I have it in shade #1 pink beige. I have light skin with neutral undertones and so many concealers that I have tried for the eyes are yellow. Yellow doesn't work for me, I read somewhere that yellow under the eyes can give a green cast since under the eyes tend have blue. This is a neutral w/ a touch of pink. The color works great, it really does give brightness.

Even though there are several things I like about this concealer, I'm not sure if it's HG. I will say that I have experienced no skin care effects like this claims, I wish it would contain peptides for that. And I do find needing to mix it with another concealer or foundation to get enough coverage. I do recommend it as it is versatile w/ a great color selection.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by DanaCerise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG undereye concealer for me. I'm NW15 and love #3 in this. It really brightens. I use a little and buff it under the eyes and the corners with the shadow brush from the EcoTools mineral brush set. I love that it's a natural looking concealer that doesn't tend to cake even if I overapply. Plus, it comes in a large tube and is reasonably priced (once I factored in that drugstore primers tend to come in smaller packages and actually cost more once you multiply those items to equal the amount you get with this tube).
I find that this does not work for blemishes and other areas of the face. I use MUFE's Full Cover. And that is also the bomb.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2010 5:37:00 AM More reviews by Fiammetta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my current choice for undereye concealer (which should be lightening, IMO). My undereye circles aren't dark, so I find just the tiniest bit is plenty for me. MUFE products are terrific value for the money, I must say. I find that one small squeeze of the tube is enough to cover-up under both my eyes and to even place a little bit on the outer corners of my nose, to simultaneously conceal and brighten those shadowy areas of the face. Would love if it came in some sort of wand, but as it is, with this tube I can use exactly how much I need and not an iota more.

A lightening concealer is not meant for covering blemishes, so I use a creamier pot concealer when I need to cover up a spot.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by blushcouture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this concealer! I have really bad under-eye circles, and I use this concealer everyday. The consistency is so nice, and it's very blendable; not cakey what-so-ever!

I don't use ONLY this concealer; I end up using something over it, but it definitely helps. It brightens the entire under eye area, and I also use it to conceal redness, and it works really well.

The packaging is a bit annoying because the product sometimes runs when you take the cap off, but one package has lasted me over 11 months, and there's still plenty left of it. I'm MAC NW20, and I use this in shade #3, which is lighter. I have a spare ready to go when my current tube runs out. Would definitely repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2010 6:19:00 AM More reviews by Dundrumlady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This doesn't last on my skin at all. I don't have oily skin but it slides off my face. Does not seem to be very pigmented as on a bad day it can't cover dark circles at all. Would not buy again, very disappointed

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2010 10:36:00 AM More reviews by JoSummers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this product in the lightest shade on my NW20 skin. I use it in my undereye circles to brighten them up, and this makes my whole face look more awake. The only qualm I have with this is that I wish it were more thick and more pigmented, more like a paste. Maybe it wouldn't be as blendable as it is now, but I feel like I would be getting better results if it were more like paste. Still, results are good and I will continue to use this product.