Make Up For Ever Lift Concealer

Water, Talc, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polyglyceryl-3 Distearate, Beeswax, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Protein, Dimethicone Copolyol, Magnesium Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, PPG-3 Myristyl Ether, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Xanthan Gum, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Fragrance. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

Really loving this concealer. I have been improving my skin care to the point where I try to skip wearing foundation and just opt for concealer on my acne scarring on my jaw line, around my nose redness, and under eyes. This blends beautifully if you use your fingers to apply and is very build able to achieve the coverage you are looking for. It has a sophisticated dewy texture that sets satin if you apply a gentle finishing powder on top. Lasts all day, you won't be caught out "in the rain" with your red spots showing. Lastly, it does not settle in my under eye creases if I make sure to blend well with care and set with powder. I use shade 3.

UPDATE: I LOVE this concealer. Been using on top of MAC F&B foundation, which doesn't give me the coverage I need in certain spots like under my eyes and redness around my nose. Shade #3 works wonders for nw15 skin.

on 5/9/2011 2:45:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

So, for people who have similar problems, I'll say that I have EXTREMELY dark bluish/purpley dark circles. They surround my entire eye area, particularly dark around my tear duct area and sides of my nose. They are just as prominent whether I get twelve hours of sleep or three. They are there even though I am a huge water drinker and eat my veggies. I have had them my whole life. They seem to be here to stay, so I have been on the hunt for good concealers.
Finding a usable under eye concealer is a tricky business for me, because I have major darkness that needs to be covered, but I also find that heavy coverage concealers are waaay too noticeable, cakey, and drying around my eye area. The only thing worse than having scary black zombie eyes is looking like you've spent the week bathing in thick makeup. So, it's a pretty big balancing act for me.

Make Up For Ever's Lift Concealer is the best under eye concealer I have tried to date. The formula is extremely light, creamy, and blendable. It does not cake or settle into creases at all. The coverage isn't as great as other concealers I have tried, but for how light and non-drying it is, the coverage is still pretty good for my massive shiners.
The packaging is nice. It comes in a little squeeze tube, which is nice for avoiding contamination. I haven't had any problems with too much product coming out, but that's because I read MUA reviews before purchasing, and I make sure to only squeeze a tiny bit each time I use it. The price isn't bad at all ($23CAD) for a natural looking high end concealer.
I am still hoping to find that HG concealer that is light and blendable AND gives super coverage, but I will definitely definitely stick with this one until such a time comes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I think I might have gotten too light a shade for my skintone so I can't comment on the color match at the moment....but I bought this to cover up dark undereye circles and I think it's great!

The formula goes on smoothly and doesn't melt off or dry into powder. I can layer it as needed, and it doesn't feel too thick. It offers good coverage for my purpose. I don't think I would try this on scars, it might not be pigmented enough.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This concealer was only decent for me. I've been on the concealer hunt for far too long now, and I think this concealer did come really close. The coverage wasn't enough for me though, because I have very dark under eye circles. I like the texture a lot and it's very blendable, but it made my under eye skin look a little gray and aged. I would recommend this if you have under eye circles as long as they're not too severe like mine, and if your looking for a lighter, liquidy concealer.

on 4/17/2011 4:52:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've tried oodles & gobs of concealers, from drugstore to the $50 concealers and this has become my HG. I've been using it for almost 2 years now.

I'm in my mid-40's and it doesn't settle in the fine lines around my eyes...YAY! The #3 shade is a perfect match for my NW25 skin.

I will definitely be purchasing again!

on 3/8/2011 4:18:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Overall, this is a great concealer that I will more than likely repurchase. I use #1, Pink Beige, which is excellent for brightening my under eye area, as well as concealing my blue-toned dark circles / tear ducts. Its liquid consistency makes it very blendable, and it does not cake or settle into creases or fine lines. While I generally like the consistency, I will say that it does not cover as well as some concealers do (at least in my experience) -- it lacks staying power.

I am not a huge fan of the packaging -- you have to be very careful squeezing the tube, because it's easy to squeeze out way too much product. Still, if you squeeze gently, it's fine -- and it's very pigmented, so a tiny bit goes a long way!

I have been using this for several months, and I have not noticed any "lift" effects...but at $22, I was not expecting a miracle, either! It's a very good concealer.

For reference, my skin is NW5-10 / NARS Siberia.

on 2/15/2011 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I'm sending this back to Sephora. The packaging is HORRIBLE!! Its a tube and when I unscrewed the top the first time, the concealer started coming out! It was a mess! The product itself isn't the problem. I wanted something to lesson my mild dark circles, and this DID do that. But I use Make Up For Ever's foundation and that is comparable to the Lift Concealer.

on 2/10/2011 5:54:00 AM

i tried using this to cover my severe dark circles,
it lightens and actually emphasizes my dark circles. it turns more of a grey than purple, which was even worse.
it has a really sheer texture id say it would be good for like around the nose.

i didnt really like the packaging it could leak

good thing about this was it doesn't really crease it gives my skin a dewy look but yeah.
dont buy it if you're trying to cover dark circles with it.

on 1/26/2011 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use the concealer for under eye circles and as a bas on my eyelid. I find it to be moist not heavy or drying like some concealer are for the eye area. Drier concealers that are more matte tend to feel heavier and give heavy coverage but leave the eyes looking too makeup-y and cakey. This isn't greasy either, I really like the lightweight feel. It does give good coverage and can be easily used with other concealers if I want or need more coverage for me dark circles that day especially if I do not get much sleep.
I have it in shade #1 pink beige. I have light skin with neutral undertones and so many concealers that I have tried for the eyes are yellow. Yellow doesn't work for me, I read somewhere that yellow under the eyes can give a green cast since under the eyes tend have blue. This is a neutral w/ a touch of pink. The color works great, it really does give brightness.

Even though there are several things I like about this concealer, I'm not sure if it's HG. I will say that I have experienced no skin care effects like this claims, I wish it would contain peptides for that. And I do find needing to mix it with another concealer or foundation to get enough coverage. I do recommend it as it is versatile w/ a great color selection.

on 1/11/2011 3:09:00 PM

HG undereye concealer for me. I'm NW15 and love #3 in this. It really brightens. I use a little and buff it under the eyes and the corners with the shadow brush from the EcoTools mineral brush set. I love that it's a natural looking concealer that doesn't tend to cake even if I overapply. Plus, it comes in a large tube and is reasonably priced (once I factored in that drugstore primers tend to come in smaller packages and actually cost more once you multiply those items to equal the amount you get with this tube).
I find that this does not work for blemishes and other areas of the face. I use MUFE's Full Cover. And that is also the bomb.

Top Rated Make Up For Ever Products