Cover Girl Simply Powder Foundation

3.9

Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Dextrin, Calcium Silicate, Nylon 12, Zinc Stearate, Quaternium 15, Lecithin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Propylparaben, Methicone, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Methylparaben, Lauroyl Lysine, Glyceryl Rosinate, Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, May Contain:, Ultramarines

on 1/5/2012 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is...magic. I swear they use unicorn tears in this stuff or something, because I switched from Chanel to EL to Shiseido to, since my mom has used it since high school, this CG powder and it absolutely beats the pants off any of the others. Looks a little too dark in the pan but goes on perfectly, light and not cakey. Sets my liquid foundation or provides a soft airbrushed look on its own without looking funky on my dry skin. HG, easily.

on 1/1/2012 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love this powder foundation. It's dirt cheap compared to a liquid/powder combo and the coverage is amazing. It leaves a really nice even, matte finish even over old acne scars and makes pores disappear on my nose. Great product!

on 11/8/2011 5:44:00 PM

Normally I use CG pocket powder (the oval one in the blue packaging, sometimes it's hard to find) I was looking to try a new powder (since Target was sold out of my shade in the powder I usually use) and came across this one. I figured I'd give it a try since It wasn't too expensive, I think I paid around $6.50 or $7 for it. I LOVE it! I've tried several drugstore and high end brands and I think this works just as well or better as mac studio fix- and let's face it, it's hard to spend $25+ on a powder.
My skin can tend to get shiny throughout the day but this really helped control the oil for hours. It covers pretty well and was not cakey. Think I have a new CG favorite!
The only things I do NOT like about this was having to put the compact together, kinda confusing but once you figure it out, it's fine. I also do not like that the sponge doesn't have a separate compartment- it just sits on the product.
Overall this is a great, affordable powder foundation that works well.

I love this stuff! I got tired of paying 30+ for powders, like Make Up Forever, Studio Gear, etc. It lasts much longer than the others. I put this on after I use primer + liquid foundation. I gave it a four only because it breaks pretty easily. I'm on my third one because the others have cracked and fallen to pieces. Other than that, this is pretty good stuff for the price you pay!

on 9/28/2011 12:26:00 PM

My skin tends to be oily and even the "best" of makeup brands slip and mottle within a few hours - nose & chin end up with no makeup - except for the "dots" of makeup that slip into the pores on my nose! I decided to try this just on those problem areas - so far, so good! It lasts, isn't chalky or cakey, and doesn't accentuate my pores. I'm quite fair with neutral/yellow undertones and find shade 510 Natural Ivory blends well.

on 9/20/2011 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I have a wandering eye when.it comes to makeup but I always come back to this powder so it's obviously my HG powder for the past 8 years. It gives me the perfect finish on top of my foundation and it lasts all day. I have a medium olive undertone to my skin and the natural beige and buff beige colors work perfect. During the summer months I use the darkest shade (buff beige) and it matches aol well after my skin gets a bit of. Deeper color to it. I have to agree though: Cover Girl needs to widen the selection of shades. Perhaps some with more of an olive undertone.

on 9/8/2011 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the worse powder "foundation" I have used. I have others to compare it to. and THIS doesn't come very close at all. Coverage to me is not good, I have to layer and layer and layer and even then, can't get much coverage. This in my opinion is only good as a setting powder over a liquid foundation. If you are looking for a very light coverage, perhaps you will like it, but I can't recommend for full coverage at all My recommendations would be Physicians Formula pressed mineral powder or maybelline.

on 9/8/2011 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Yes, I would buy this again! I tried this due to all the love in gets on Makeup Alley. It did not disappoint. This product performs as well as any high end powder/foundation I have tried. The coverage is medium to full depending how you apply it. It evens out the skin, leaving a nice finish, never dull or cakey looking.

I love the fact that I can pick this up at the drugstore and don't have to make a special trip to the mall to purchase it. I also love the fact that is so inexpensive. I hope Cover Girl never discontinues this product. Thank you Makeup Alley peeps for steering me to this great product.

on 9/7/2011 9:42:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

My mom has been telling me for years this powder can hold up against my beloved MAC Studio powder but i never believed her. Today, i tried this powder for the first time...LOVE! It really gives the same flawless coverage as MAC Studio and its only $7! If i can retire my MAC for this its saying something, im converted.

on 7/28/2011 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

PINK
Why does CG make all their foundations PINK!? I have olive skin (yellow undertones) and this just looks awful on me. I wish drug stores would stop making everything pink/orange.

Other than that this product is fantastic if you have glowing pink skin.