April 18, 2014 | 1031 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Hot Tahiti Lipstick

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by shelllly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Wish this one worked for me! I had some recommendations to try this one, as I usually go for more blue-toned shades. I normally like using MAC l/s but this one didn't have a decent formula. Seemed overly drying.

I can usually work with formulas to last longer despite dryness, but this shade didn't last.

And leaning toward a warmer rosey base, I couldn't balance it to work on my pale (NW05) cooler skintone.

I had to take off stars because of the formula on this one. Maybe there are better batches of this shade out there, mine is new.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by lightgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Absolutely LOVE this lipstick. It's a cool pinky red that is understated enough to wear during the day. No sparkles which is nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 8:14:00 AM More reviews by Plinko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Fair skinned girls, be not afraid! I am fair. Think somewhere between Kidman and Witherspoon. I consider this an everyday neutral lipstick. It perks up my face and makes me look well rested. This is a color that I think would flatter just about anyone. With no overt cool or warm tones, it might be the most wearable read ever created. This one doesn't scream, "Look at me I'm wearing red lipstick!" . It is a natural looking red, and I never thought a red could ever be natural looking. It looks fantastic with my blond hair and dark eyes, but I could imagine a brunette or Titian haired woman wearing this too. Stunning.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by kar120c

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Absolutely love this lipstick. I am on my fourth tube. It is a lovely rosy red with a very moist, creamy texture. Nicely opaque. Probably one of my top ten MAC lippies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by OjosVerdes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Everything about this lipstick is fabulous, and it's currently taken the place of all my other lipsticks and glosses. Color: it really is neutral and will flatter just about anyone. Because it doesn't have any overt cool or warm undertones, it adds a lovely (I like the description "juicy") red to any natural lip tone - it is very buildable and enhances your natural lip color. If you are new to reds or want something more a little more neutral that could be worn in a conservative office environment, then definitely check this one out. Consistency: it is creamer than a glaze, and glazier than a cream - somewhere in between and it definitely looks lighter on lips than it does in the tube. One swipe gives me a lovely, sheer color and with 2-4 it deepens into a lovely berry red. It is very moisturizing which means it also has to be reapplied more often than does a more matte lipstick, but it's worth it. I find that because of the moisture content, it doesn't settle into fine lines around my mouth like to do some of my other MAC reds - namely Ladybug and Chili. It gives me a *just been kissed* flush look and I don't have to be as careful about staying right inside my lipline or liner like I do with other reds. I have found that it can look very different when paired with different liners ... when I apply it over a nude liner, it looks like a slightly pink nude. When paired with a true red, it takes on a siren red look, so it's versatile as well. I'm normally an occasional lipstick wearer (prefer glosses), but this is my current staple for both day and nighttime looks.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by maggiejeanjones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this lipstick! It is my favorite MAC lippie! I would have never thought to purchase this and a MUA at the Macy's MAC counter forced me into a makeover (eventhough I told her "Don't worry about that, I'm a makeup addict and I'm going to buy tons of it regardless") and used this shade on me. I told her how dissapointed I was that the Slimshine lipsticks were discontinued, and she said I have the perfect glaze lipstick for you. I'm fair skinned (NW 15-20) with auburn hair, so it is very hard for me to find a daytime red. It is a beautiful brick red that is slightly glossy and very moistursing. I get compliments on this color all the time. So glad I got talked into this, and will definately repurchase when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 12:08:00 AM More reviews by loiseva1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

ohhhh! i love this! i have finally found my HG red lippy, i have more red lipsticks than i can count and although i like most of them i can't say i reach for any of them often.. but this one is the exception.. on me (nc30) this shade looks stunning, its alot darker than the pic shown here though, more like a deep red-ish dark pink haha hard to describe really, but it is gorgeous! i love mac lipsticks they are so creamy and nice to wear, this is just one of those must have shades, i love it!! will definitely repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by caseyfa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

OMG, my quest for a replacement for Aramoleigh's 'Crush' is finally over! Hot Tahiti is a gorgeous very wearable soft pinky red. I don't see any coral in it at all. I apply it and blot it, and my lips look flushed and beautiful and it perks up my whole face. Because I don't need much, it doesn't bother me that a heavy application doesn't stay long with this formulation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Divab16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick! I looks like a nice daytime rose/ coral/ red (I really can't describe it! Haha!) on my NC45 complexion. It's the perfect daytime lipstick for me; I carry it in my purse daily. I usually have to reapply it after meals, but I have to do that with all lipsticks, so that doesn't bother me. I can wear without liner or gloss, but I like it with brown liner and clear gloss for day and a red liner and a shimmery red/pink gloss for night. I'll definitely purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by crazychicky18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

i actually stumbled across this when i went to purchase VG Cyndi (that just looked coral on me) so i did not purchase. the SA showed me this and i tried it on - INSTANT L.O.V.E haha. it is a very subtle reddish (raspberryish) color... that shows up nicely on my very pigmented lips. the only problem i have with this is that it doesnt last at all on the lip. it calls for many touch-ups during the day.