MAC Hot Tahiti Lipstick

4.6

on 1/23/2012 8:06:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

One of my favorite MAC lipsticks. This is a sheer muted pink-brown-red. It's very unusual and I doubt you could find a dupe of this anywhere. I could imagine this being flattering on a variety of skin tones and it's very moisturizing.

on 1/18/2012 7:32:00 AM

I have a drawer full of lipsticks in nude or caramel shades and am deathly afraid of trying anything red because I feel like it always makes me look ridiculous, but this stuff is perfect! I love this lipstick. The look in the tube is very dark but once I put it on it's a nice berry-like shade that doesn't overwhelm.

on 1/13/2012 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

On me this is a purple/hot pink/red. It's pretty and is a summer night time shade for me, I only like it on me when Im really tanned. Tahiti is my favorite place to vacation and I knew I'd end up associating this lipstick with it. I love it. It totally looks like a hot pink sunset. It lasts long and I love the vanilla scent MAC lipsticks have.

on 1/12/2012 12:33:00 PM

This shade has been added to my list of all-time favorite lipsticks!! It is the perfect creamy, muted rosey red color I've been looking for forever. I don't have access to MAC IRL so I purchased this strictly based on online swatches, and let me tell you...it is so much more beautiful in person!

Just an FYI...this looks nothing like the review picture associated posted.

I've taken 1 lippie off since it is a bit more drying than other MAC l/s I own, but it won't deter me from wearing this everyday. UPDATE: This is THE most drying lipstick I own. It's such a shame because I'm in love with the color.

I'm almost finished with my MAC Syrup which I used as a go-to daily wear lippie, but this one will easily replace it.

on 1/10/2012 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am so sick and tired of all the “tinted lip balms” that are being put out by every MU line, with the color so sheer that you barely see anything at all and it wears off in about 10 seconds. Nope, I want color! So, in anticipation of Spring, I went out and purchased this l/s. Hot Tahiti-even the name is fun! I see this being referred to as having a “blue” undertone, but I am olive/tan with warm undertone and this l/s works for me. I love that it is bright without being garish. It totally brightens my face but somehow still looks “neutral”. Don’t get me wrong, it is bright, and it is opaque. But, it still looks professional enough for work. On me it is pinky-fuchsia (or bright raspberry)color (not red at all) and I think a perfect color for Spring. It is a Luster formula, so it goes on a bit shinny, not matt, so it is easier to wear, and (if you must wear a sheer color) it is easy to sheer out with your finger. One lippie off b/c, as with all Mac l/s, this can be drying. Overall, I am very happy with this l/s.

on 12/13/2011 8:11:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Wish this one worked for me! I had some recommendations to try this one, as I usually go for more blue-toned shades. I normally like using MAC l/s but this one didn't have a decent formula. Seemed overly drying.

I can usually work with formulas to last longer despite dryness, but this shade didn't last.

And leaning toward a warmer rosey base, I couldn't balance it to work on my pale (NW05) cooler skintone.

I had to take off stars because of the formula on this one. Maybe there are better batches of this shade out there, mine is new.

on 12/13/2011 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Absolutely LOVE this lipstick. It's a cool pinky red that is understated enough to wear during the day. No sparkles which is nice.

on 8/31/2011 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Fair skinned girls, be not afraid! I am fair. Think somewhere between Kidman and Witherspoon. I consider this an everyday neutral lipstick. It perks up my face and makes me look well rested. This is a color that I think would flatter just about anyone. With no overt cool or warm tones, it might be the most wearable read ever created. This one doesn't scream, "Look at me I'm wearing red lipstick!" . It is a natural looking red, and I never thought a red could ever be natural looking. It looks fantastic with my blond hair and dark eyes, but I could imagine a brunette or Titian haired woman wearing this too. Stunning.

on 8/26/2011 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Absolutely love this lipstick. I am on my fourth tube. It is a lovely rosy red with a very moist, creamy texture. Nicely opaque. Probably one of my top ten MAC lippies.

on 7/18/2011 5:00:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Everything about this lipstick is fabulous, and it's currently taken the place of all my other lipsticks and glosses. Color: it really is neutral and will flatter just about anyone. Because it doesn't have any overt cool or warm undertones, it adds a lovely (I like the description "juicy") red to any natural lip tone - it is very buildable and enhances your natural lip color. If you are new to reds or want something more a little more neutral that could be worn in a conservative office environment, then definitely check this one out. Consistency: it is creamer than a glaze, and glazier than a cream - somewhere in between and it definitely looks lighter on lips than it does in the tube. One swipe gives me a lovely, sheer color and with 2-4 it deepens into a lovely berry red. It is very moisturizing which means it also has to be reapplied more often than does a more matte lipstick, but it's worth it. I find that because of the moisture content, it doesn't settle into fine lines around my mouth like to do some of my other MAC reds - namely Ladybug and Chili. It gives me a *just been kissed* flush look and I don't have to be as careful about staying right inside my lipline or liner like I do with other reds. I have found that it can look very different when paired with different liners ... when I apply it over a nude liner, it looks like a slightly pink nude. When paired with a true red, it takes on a siren red look, so it's versatile as well. I'm normally an occasional lipstick wearer (prefer glosses), but this is my current staple for both day and nighttime looks.

Recommended for Medium Skin