MAC Hot Tahiti Lipstick

4.6

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love Hot Tahiti so much. I'm a big fan of red lipstick and this and Ruby Woo are my two current favourites, but I wear Hot Tahiti on days I don't feel bold enough to pull off Ruby Woo, which is a way more intense red. Hot Tahiti is glossier, not matte, darker, and a gorgeous mauv-y red with hints of coral. I'm super pale with pink undertones in my skin with blonde hair and green eyes and it compliments my colouring perfectly.

on 4/2/2012 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a very very beautiful colour, don't get me wrong. However, I am a bit of a lipstick phobe and when I wear lipstick I want it to look like my own lips only prettier. Although with ANY other makeup I would pick MAC over Clinique any day, lipstickwise I have grown fond of the Clinique long last lipsticks. Not because they last long (they don't) but because they are very moisturising and look natural.

This colour is too colourful for me, even though I am olive skinned. That might be down to my own shyness more than anything, because I have gotten compliments when wearing it. The downside that gets me most, however, is that I find this lipstick drying. That is not a good look, especially in winter when my lips are often chapped.

I have to say I am dying now to try the Russian Red one...it got such great reviews and I figure if you're gonna go for a bright colour after all it might as well be proper red.

I might wear this lipstick when my lips are in good condition, for a special occasion. But for me, this is definitely not an everyday lippie.

Another great MAC purchase!! After spending quite some time at the MAC counter, this lipstick and Syrup are what i purchased. My lips are already pigmented and I wanted something reddish brown; not too bright, yet not too 'muddy'.This shade is perfect for me.It is slightly reddish which I like.As with most MAC products, the pigment is awesome; I've tried looking for reddish brown lipsticks at the drugstore, to no avail...Overall 5 lippies; will r/p.

on 1/25/2012 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Hot Tahiti is lovely. Just the most beautiful, exotic coral-red. It can be worn sheer or with some liner pencil underneath to boost the colour. Feels great on - and is particularly wonderful for brown eyed girls who want to bring out the variations of colours in their eyes. Glad I spent those hours hovering over the mac lipsticks til I found this!

on 1/23/2012 8:06:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

One of my favorite MAC lipsticks. This is a sheer muted pink-brown-red. It's very unusual and I doubt you could find a dupe of this anywhere. I could imagine this being flattering on a variety of skin tones and it's very moisturizing.

on 1/18/2012 7:32:00 AM

I have a drawer full of lipsticks in nude or caramel shades and am deathly afraid of trying anything red because I feel like it always makes me look ridiculous, but this stuff is perfect! I love this lipstick. The look in the tube is very dark but once I put it on it's a nice berry-like shade that doesn't overwhelm.

on 1/13/2012 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

On me this is a purple/hot pink/red. It's pretty and is a summer night time shade for me, I only like it on me when Im really tanned. Tahiti is my favorite place to vacation and I knew I'd end up associating this lipstick with it. I love it. It totally looks like a hot pink sunset. It lasts long and I love the vanilla scent MAC lipsticks have.

on 1/12/2012 12:33:00 PM

This shade has been added to my list of all-time favorite lipsticks!! It is the perfect creamy, muted rosey red color I've been looking for forever. I don't have access to MAC IRL so I purchased this strictly based on online swatches, and let me tell you...it is so much more beautiful in person!

Just an FYI...this looks nothing like the review picture associated posted.

I've taken 1 lippie off since it is a bit more drying than other MAC l/s I own, but it won't deter me from wearing this everyday. UPDATE: This is THE most drying lipstick I own. It's such a shame because I'm in love with the color.

I'm almost finished with my MAC Syrup which I used as a go-to daily wear lippie, but this one will easily replace it.

on 1/10/2012 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am so sick and tired of all the “tinted lip balms” that are being put out by every MU line, with the color so sheer that you barely see anything at all and it wears off in about 10 seconds. Nope, I want color! So, in anticipation of Spring, I went out and purchased this l/s. Hot Tahiti-even the name is fun! I see this being referred to as having a “blue” undertone, but I am olive/tan with warm undertone and this l/s works for me. I love that it is bright without being garish. It totally brightens my face but somehow still looks “neutral”. Don’t get me wrong, it is bright, and it is opaque. But, it still looks professional enough for work. On me it is pinky-fuchsia (or bright raspberry)color (not red at all) and I think a perfect color for Spring. It is a Luster formula, so it goes on a bit shinny, not matt, so it is easier to wear, and (if you must wear a sheer color) it is easy to sheer out with your finger. One lippie off b/c, as with all Mac l/s, this can be drying. Overall, I am very happy with this l/s.

on 12/13/2011 8:11:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Wish this one worked for me! I had some recommendations to try this one, as I usually go for more blue-toned shades. I normally like using MAC l/s but this one didn't have a decent formula. Seemed overly drying.

I can usually work with formulas to last longer despite dryness, but this shade didn't last.

And leaning toward a warmer rosey base, I couldn't balance it to work on my pale (NW05) cooler skintone.

I had to take off stars because of the formula on this one. Maybe there are better batches of this shade out there, mine is new.

Popular Lipsticks