Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 8/8/2014 2:57:00 PM

My bar of soap of choice for my face and body because like another reviewer said, it isn't slimy or sticky and no residue is left over. Just clean, soft skin. I've used on my face numerous times and haven't had a pimple afterwards, so you don't have to be choosy about spots with sensitive skin.

If you just shaved your legs a few days before, it's smooth and slippery enough to give you a close, quick shave without needing to break out the time-consuming heavier creams.

I've always had a problem with dry skin on my nose and cheeks and generally dull or reddish discoloration but this product fixes that right up. My skin is smoother and more supple using the Beauty Bar than it is with any moisturizers I've tried, and results start as soon as you wash away the soft lather.

Do keep in mind what gentle means though, I wouldn't rely on this when you've just had a strenuous workout, your face is completely sweaty and you want your skin deeply cleansed. Foams up really easily, lasts a good while and isn't too pricey. Dove is a nice brand. I'll definitely keep on repurchasing!

on 8/4/2014 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I do not like bar cleansers - and never use bar soap - but Dove is a bit better than "traditional" soap bars.

That said I would NEVER use it on my face and I don;t like touching used bars of "soap" (cleanser).

Not my thing.

on 8/4/2014 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I've tried numerous amount of brush cleaners in the past and no matter how well I use them, I will always get more product out of the makeup brushes using the soap in small circular motions than I could ever using anything else. I've been doing this now for almost 2 years and has never affected my makeup brushes!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

It is a very gentle soap cleanser, so gentle I don't really use it on a daily basis at all, because I don't feel like it cleans all the sweat of the day of my skin thoroughly. It's a creamy bar of soap a that is not slimy or sticky at all. It lives up to its claims that once you wash it off with water it does not leave any residue. It's great for shaving and feels moisturizing to the skin, but that's about all. I prefer soaps with strong scent and rich lather for feeling squeaky clean. I only use this if I feel my skin is getting dried out and needs extra moisture. Overall, great product for sensitive, super dry, clean skin.

on 7/14/2014 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I mostly use this to shave, because it gives a really close shave without irritation; I occasionally use it to wash my body or hair. I find it breaks me out when used on my face, however. This was always in my grandparents' soap dish when I had my evening baths as a little girl, and that clean, slightly rose-like smell is just so comforting and pretty, especially in the hot, sticky Texas summer.

on 7/14/2014 12:02:00 AM

Very silky texture without being slimy or sticky, it actually lives up to its claim of not leaving a layer of residue after use. I found it quite relaxing, and it definitely moisturises without causing oil increase. Pleasant scent, not strong at all, and there are no dyes in it meaning no gross colour stains on your tub/shower. I would absolutely buy again, Dove has never disappointed me with their products. Love the Beauty Bar! <3

on 7/13/2014 11:52:00 PM

Love this. already use it and smell wonderful and refreshing , feels so relaxing after shower.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

When I was a teenager I had acne not only on my face but my neck, arms, back too. I tried everything to get rid of my acne but nothing worked. So one day I decided to throw away all the creams and lotions away and stay away from anything that contains chemicals. I thought I would just use a simple and plain soap in the shower and that's it. After trying out various soaps I tried out Dove's beauty bar. It smells pretty and it makes me feel clean and feeling fresh. I literally don't smell bad and I rarely have smelly armpits. Also all my acne disappeared and I have stuck to this soap for more than two years now and I'm so happy with my skin. One bar of soap literally lasts more than two weeks with everyday use. I have saved a lot of money too as I don't have to buy any other fancy products anymore :) 5/5 for this product

on 7/5/2014 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this beauty bar! I have acne-prone and oily skin. I don't know if it's because I'm using this beauty bar or because I began to use the origins ginzing series, but my skin is so soft!! A lot of the bumps on my forehead is gone and I haven't had any bad breakouts yet. This isn't a miracle cure, and it won't give me perfect skin, but so far I am loving this product!

on 6/30/2014 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

The best drugstore buy. I have dry skin (face/body) plus bouts of eczema during the season changes. This soap is the only cleanser that helps keep my skin feeling soft and comfortable. A staple product for me. I like sticking with natural/ organic products in general but, those type of soaps tend to be extremely irritating/ drying on me personally. I use the dove bar on my body and face with no problems at all. Plus, it smells so pretty and clean, and will leave your bathroom smelling the same.

Popular Gels/Soaps