October 30, 2014 | 1662 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #219 Pencil Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by giiorgia89

Hi girlz... I m italian.. And if I do errors.. I'm sorry. anyway.. I have only one brush from Mac.. and it's 219!!.. It's definitly amazing.. and after more of one year of utilization is impeccable!!.. It'very compact. And I use it for blend smolder pencil (every day)... and to do darker zone in the crease...!!.. If you need a pencil brush.. I reccomend this one here!! bye kiss from italy...

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 11:12:00 AM More reviews by birdybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This brush changed by makeup life. It is so easy to work with while working in the crease, outer v, or lash lines. Its stiff enough without being harsh on the skin or eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 5:18:00 AM More reviews by ChennyPenn

At first I balked at the price, but I bit the bullet and took this baby home. Dang, that was the right decision.

This is a pretty unique brush. I believe Sigma makes a brush modeled after this one, but the MAC is bound tighter with a sharper tip. I use it to smoke out gel or pencil liner with Urban Decay Darkhorse (aka the world's best eyeshadow-over-eyeliner color), line my lower lashes, define the inner corners, and sometimes even help to wing out my shadow. I use this for pretty much everything except pack on color and cook my dinner.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by TMK6959

Once again, MAC, I'm impressed.

This is probably the best eyeshadow brush I have (my Avon eyeshadow brush is a close second). With the 219 there is minimal flicking of eyeshadow dust and it easy to get excellent shadow coverage and even distribution.

I would repurchase. Reccomend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by zzengin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I agree with the previous reviews. This is the best brush. I use it for almost every eyeshadow application. It's great for creating a smokey effect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

There are a lot of makeup brushes that are very similar and do the same thing. The trick is finding the unique AND useful ones. This one is both. I love the brush because first, it's great quality-no wobbly ferrules there! Second, it's a good size. Not so teeny that it takes forever to apply color but not too big to get a small line. Third, it's firm. A lot of pencil brushes are too small and too soft. Because this one is more firm, it's more multipurpose.
I use this brush for a very well defined outer V. It's great for smudging eyeshadow under the lower lash line. But what I like to use it most for is smudging eyeliner under the lower lash line. Great brush. Very hard to dupe-they are all to big, too small, or too soft. Worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by narkiz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

EDIT: I decided to give it a 4 lippie. I don't know what happened, maybe 219 decided to treat me well or maybe I decided to love it. I think this brush is perfect for smudging a pencil liner while creating a smokey look.

I don't understand how people love this. It has very hard hairs that irritates my skin. This is too thick for smudging eyeliner or placing an eye shadow along the lash line, would be better if it was thinner. Only good for defining crease but a cheaper alternative can do it also so it is not doing wonders really. I will look for better alternatives.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Ldv15

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one brush I use every single day. I'm sure there are equally as good smudge brushes but I just haven't gotten around to buying them. It is a great size to smudge eye shadows. I usually put some dark brown shadow on then put an eyeliner over as an everyday look and this brush is always my go-to in putting the right amount of shadow below the crease line. Recommended but I can't compare to other smudge brushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2011 10:33:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the second Mac brush I purchased even though I already had the Sigma version. I love how pointed the tip is, and how firm it is for applying a little highlight to the inner corners of my eyes. It is also perfect for smudging a pencil liner.

I got this as Sigma's version just could not do it, its too fluffy and soft and not pointed enough. I could not get the highlight to apply to only the area I wanted, it would just apply a more diffused and wider area which i do not like. Its too soft and would not be good for smudging out a liner. I do not like it at all.

I love Mac's 219 pencil brush, its perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by piellelux

What it claims:
For precision shading on lid, in eye crease or along lash line. The soft, smooth fibers of this brush are gathered into a pencil-shaped tip. It is ideal for blending eyeliner into eye shadow to create a smoky looking eye. MAC professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials. They feature wood handles and nickel-plated brass ferrules.

What I think:
I love this brush as it is my HG to create a sexy look. It is firm, not super soft but soft enough to where it doesnt poke the eye, it blends my eyeliner/eyeshadow perfectly as if it had a light blur effect of 1.0. Very light, easy to clean. I wont find another replacement as I've settled myself on this one. Truly a staple and this is a brush where one shouldn't be looking for replacements at all!