October 21, 2014 | 2035 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Estee Lauder - Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by xcheck

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Didn't remove my makeup easily. I prefer Neutrogena which did a much better job.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Sierra0001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was a gift for christmas, and I love it! It takes away the mascara that smeared under my eyes after I take a nap if I have to go somewhere afterwards and takes my mascara off at night if I get lazy and don't wash my face before bed. I've noticed that after I use it, my eyes look a little brighter than they did before, so I find myself using it under my eyes before I put on my eye makeup to add a little bit of a brighter effect. I love this makeup remover, and I'll continue to use it and repurchase it :) Sad to see so many bad reviews, this stuff is awesome.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Shannap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's just an eye makeup remover. It reminds me of the one from neutrogena. I only use this when I use heavy eye makeup. Pretty basic, imo. Nothing special.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by 123456j

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The bottle's opening make it way too easy to spill the product.... unlike other high-end brand eye makeup removers, this product is not effective. and requires you to rub the cotton pad around your eye to remove anything (compared to Chanel and Lancome, which can get the job 100% done in seconds), unlike the usual press, hold, quick wipe of better high-end similar products. If I'm going to pay for a high-end eye makeup remover, I won't have the patience to work this hard and get crappy results..... Also it DOES NOT remove mascara, it simply smudges everywhere and makes you look like you have awful undereye circles. It's OK for removing eyeshadow but even for eyeliner you need to "work it" a lot.

I wish I could give this a rating of ZERO! Please do not waste your money on this useless liquid. I only use it to spot-clean eyeshadow off my brushes now. Thank god mine was a full-sized gwp.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2011 6:15:00 AM More reviews by amethystglow

Works great at removing makeup, but the 'gentle' makeup remover feels like soap if you get it in the eyes (maybe it depends on the person). Not good if you used gel/liquid eyeliner and are trying to get it off.

Just don't get in the eyes, and you'll be good.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2011 9:38:00 AM More reviews by lalalailoveyouu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's nothing special. It does kind of smudge my eye makeup around my eye area a bit, but if I just wipe that off right away it's fine. Not sure on the price of this, as one of my friends had given it to me, but considering it's Estee Lauder I'm guessing it's quite expensive and I doubt it is worth the price. There are plenty of eye makeup removers that do the job without smudging makeup around your face, and many of them are much cheaper. I'll give it a 3 though, because it is very gentle and doesn't cause problems for sensitive eyes like mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Labello

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really love this. Again not sure where the negative comments are coming from ... I used this for a long time and then due to the high price of this i switched to the Boots Simple make up remover. I used it for a while but this one you really have to rub and still doesnt remove every trace of makeup. I just had to rebuy it again b/c it really is the best i have tried. It is not oily, doesnt irritate the skin and removes every trace of makeup. The price is high for this sort of product but i dont think i can live without it so gotta splurge!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by katrosado5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a full bottle of this that I got with their blockbuster 2011. I have to be very honest and say it's so-so. I wear waterproof eyeliner and mascara and it just doesn't take that off without a significant work.

But I will say that it reminds me of Lancome Bi-facil. Not quite as good as Lancome but it's fairly comparable.

Again to be honest, I've said on other posts here when reviewing makeup it's not always about price point. And I just don't see that this or Lancome is worth the extra money over drug store removers. In fact, because I wear waterproof eye makeup I prefer a remover that has some oil in it and I have very sensitive eyes. I prefer that formulation because it takes the eye makeup off without tugging and pulling.

So if you don't care about price point and want a department store makeup remover I have to say go with Lancome rather than this one. (And I collect Estee Lauder and am pretty much an EL fan).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Jane1234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so surprised when I started reading these poor reviews! I'm am starting to wonder if they have re-formulated this product? I have a family member that gave me several bottles of this remover. I recently ran out and have been using a bottle of Clinique which I also like. I'm putting the Estee Lauder makeup remover on my Christmas wish list. I really hope it's the same as what I've been using because I'm so confused by these bad reviews. I recently got a generic makeup remover from my local grocery store thinking all were removers were the same but I was wrong! It burned and had a gross smell. I also picked up L'Oreal gentle eye makeup remover a few weeks ago and now that product was disappointing! I use MAC eyeshadow and I had to rub so hard to get it off. That's when I found a bottle of Clinique and switched to that immediately. Once I'm done this review I'm going to see what people had to say about L'Oreal because there is no way that product could get better reviews that the Estee Lauder remover! So confused....

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

So it doesn't sting, no greasy residue, also, doesn't remove! I have to wear waterproof eyeliner and mascara all winter long. Smears it a little, doesn't take it off. Got it in a blockbuster kit. Will not purchase again. Soap and water works about as well. I gave it a 2 for not stinging and not being greasy.