Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

2.8

Water, Peg-32, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Peg-6, Trisodium Edta, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben

on 5/9/2012 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

im surprised this got such horrid reviews. This is a pretty good makeup remover. Definitely gentle on the eyes. It removes makeup pretty well, however when it comes to waterproof mascara, you may have to break out lancomes bi-facil lol

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Awesome makeup remover! It removes almost all makeup beautifully. I use covergirl lashblast WATERPROOF, so I do use baby oil to remove that beforehand. Sometimes while applying makeup, when I make small mistakes, I take a little bit of this on the lid, and it removes the black immediately. Lasts quite a while too. I'm usually not very picky with makeup removers, but this is a really good product!

on 4/13/2012 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have to say that I normally don't use eye makeup removers. I prefer to wash my eye make-up off while I am washing my face. But I do use them every now and then anyway so they last me a very long time :) I have been using this one for the past 4 months and it's now half emtpy/half full :) It's a very good eye makeup remover. Doesn't sting my eyes and removes all eye make-up easily (I don't use any waterproof products). I got this one for free as it was in one of the EL make-up gift cases I got for christmas, so I can't really comment on its price.

on 4/12/2012 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

fantastic! easily removes eye makeup, feels smooth, and does not tug. when i used neutrogena's, i'd have to go through two cotton pads to remove my eye makeup, now i only need one. i love this! the price is steep, but thank goodness i got this with a gift with purchase. estee lauder never disappoints. :)

on 3/25/2012 5:06:00 PM

Didn't remove my makeup easily. I prefer Neutrogena which did a much better job.

on 3/19/2012 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This was a gift for christmas, and I love it! It takes away the mascara that smeared under my eyes after I take a nap if I have to go somewhere afterwards and takes my mascara off at night if I get lazy and don't wash my face before bed. I've noticed that after I use it, my eyes look a little brighter than they did before, so I find myself using it under my eyes before I put on my eye makeup to add a little bit of a brighter effect. I love this makeup remover, and I'll continue to use it and repurchase it :) Sad to see so many bad reviews, this stuff is awesome.

on 3/12/2012 2:29:00 PM

It's just an eye makeup remover. It reminds me of the one from neutrogena. I only use this when I use heavy eye makeup. Pretty basic, imo. Nothing special.

on 3/6/2012 8:56:00 PM

The bottle's opening make it way too easy to spill the product.... unlike other high-end brand eye makeup removers, this product is not effective. and requires you to rub the cotton pad around your eye to remove anything (compared to Chanel and Lancome, which can get the job 100% done in seconds), unlike the usual press, hold, quick wipe of better high-end similar products. If I'm going to pay for a high-end eye makeup remover, I won't have the patience to work this hard and get crappy results..... Also it DOES NOT remove mascara, it simply smudges everywhere and makes you look like you have awful undereye circles. It's OK for removing eyeshadow but even for eyeliner you need to "work it" a lot.

I wish I could give this a rating of ZERO! Please do not waste your money on this useless liquid. I only use it to spot-clean eyeshadow off my brushes now. Thank god mine was a full-sized gwp.

on 12/30/2011 6:15:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Not "gentle" at all if you get this in your eyes (very easy to do as a make-up remover), it will feel like an intense stinging from soap - but otherwise works great at removing makeup. Not good if you used gel/liquid eyeliner and are trying to get it off.

Beautiful bottle though.

Would not recommend this non-gentle make-up remover.

It's nothing special. It does kind of smudge my eye makeup around my eye area a bit, but if I just wipe that off right away it's fine. Not sure on the price of this, as one of my friends had given it to me, but considering it's Estee Lauder I'm guessing it's quite expensive and I doubt it is worth the price. There are plenty of eye makeup removers that do the job without smudging makeup around your face, and many of them are much cheaper. I'll give it a 3 though, because it is very gentle and doesn't cause problems for sensitive eyes like mine.