Victoria's Secret Amber Romance EDT

on 11/9/2007 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is a surprisingly pretty and classy fragrance. I'm not a big fan of the overly fruity fare that the VS Garden collection offers, nor do I enjoy Vanilla Lace, smells plastic-y to me somehow, but amber romance is different. Pretty on it's own and nice to layer with, smells good with Lolita Lempicka and Shalimar among others. Sometimes all I smell is cherry vanilla, but most of the time I get notes of amber and musk as well.

on 10/14/2007 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

A spicy/creamy, vanilla scent. Not too heavy for daytime wear. It's a nice fall one for me and the guys around me seem to like it.

To me this smells like booze. A bourbony, boozy vanilla. I can't decide right now if I like it or not, but I definitely would not repurchase.

on 7/24/2007 5:21:00 PM

A fall/winter scent that is very warm and sweet but is also slightly musky. One of my faves from VS!

on 6/6/2007 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this scent after my husband told me that a lady he works with wears it and gets compliments all the time. He said that all the men he works with, including him, love it and that I should get some. He has never actually encouraged me to go buy perfume so I had to try some. If you are not fond of vanilla you will not like this. It is also quite strong but I like scents that are. I want people to notice that I smell nice! :) I really like this and it reminds me of a scent that I bought years ago from Yves Rocher called Cantata. I'm not sure if they still make this or not. Anyway, this is a great vanilla type scent that mellows to a sort of cherry and chocolate sweetness that is very comforting. I will buy this again when I run out and they better not discontinue it like so many others that I have liked by Victoria's Secret in the past.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Amber Romance is a favorite of all the women in my immediate family: my mom, my sister, and myself. This scent is the perfect combination of lightness and depth; freshness and muskiness; classiness and sexiness. This fragrance at first smells like a plain and somewhat ordinary vanilla musk, however, as it wears longer it takes on an incredible, mature spicy, woodsy, herby, peppery florally chocolate warm scent. Very appropriate for almost any time and place and age. The most comparable scents are what I am imagine Gucci Eau De Parfum #1 and a Dr.Pepper; wierd-sounding, I know, but this is what it is! I f you like the Gucci Eau de Parfum #1 this is definately more affordable version to have in place of or in addition to it (or so I've heard).

on 4/1/2007 5:30:00 PM

It is a kind of comforting scent, warm and sugary and slightly musky, but sometimes wears a bit too strong. I often splash just a tad on when I'm wearing Bath & Body Works Brown Sugar Fig to compliment. On it's own, it's so so.

Edit: It just kept getting sweeter and more cloying on me. Swapped it away to a better home.

on 11/27/2006 9:08:00 PM

I love this as a Fall or even winter scent. It's so cozy and sexy!!
chances are if you like vanilla scents then you'll probably like this one.
It doesn't really smell like vanilla. It is it's own undescribable scent.
The down side of it thought, it can be a bit too musky if you spray too much.
And my sister once thought I was wearing an old ladies perfume once, but that doesn't mean anything. I'm 18. A LOT of young women use this fragrance. It's very cozy, very sexy. I think this would be thee PERFECT scent to wear if you were going upto the mountains or just someplace snowy. I always imagine being in a log cabin by a ski lift when I wear this.... LOl I know, kinda weird...but true!

on 11/16/2006 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

MMM...I love this scent, its very sexy and not strong at all. Plus it makes your skin feel smooth.

on 11/3/2006 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love this scent! Guys love it too!!! Wear it out and watch out!

Popular Fragrances