November 25, 2014 | 1765 users online

Moisturizers - Avene - Cleanance Antishine Regulating Lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2011 6:39:00 AM More reviews by Minelli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This isn't that great of a moisturiser to use it on its own but it gets the job well done if used with the rest of the Cleanance line. It's better used for the morning wash then the night one for obvious reasons.

It controls shine more or less but it's not something amasing. I also own the hydratising one (use it for the cheeks and night) and I see the (reasonable) difference in shine and oil when I use one or the other in the mornings.

It's gentle and doesn't clog up pores. I hardly break out anymore (though I use the whole Cleanance line). It just doesn't get the job that well done. I feel that it does get oily after a few hours. Nothing awful and of course, one should not expect miracles but I believe that it's the lesser product of the Cleanance line.

Still a favourite, as I got along well with Cleanance line, still will buy again even if I'll sample others.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by MakeupPadawan

HG!! I am super oily in my t-zone and this is the best for me. Actually controls oil while providing some hydration. Does not irritate or break me out. This seems to just rebalance my skin perfectly. I love it as a primer under my foundation. Really happy with this and I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2010 5:54:00 AM More reviews by sajeani

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Very good at controlling face oil, allergy and breakouts, but not the best when it comes to blackheads.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by chuichi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice soothing moisturiser for anyone with acne-prone / oily skin. However this doesn't really do much for controlling shine, as my skin still gets oily and shiny quite easily and quickly after applying this. It does have a very pleasant fragrance and it seems to calm my skin down, so I will probably buy this again if it is on offer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2010 1:32:00 AM More reviews by stargazer_lily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Believe the hype and good reviews here on this fantastic Avene product. It does what it says it does. I can't believe it's taken me so long to try it! I have very oily skin and this lotion is extremely useful as a morning primer for underneath my makeup. I also like to mix a little with my foundation to make tinted moisturiser. Avene Antishine Regulating Lotion really makes quite a difference in controlling my skin's oil production but it doesn't mattify me all day - but that's fine. (I think it probably wouldn't be good for my skin in the long run if I was matte 8 hours a day). This lotion is a little on the pricey side but I will definitely be buying it again - simply because it delivers. 5 shine-free lippies from me!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by chandni3

I've been using this for 2 years. It is a great base for foundation, it controls shine (I still get shiny as the day goes on but not as much and I can just dab it without removing foundation) and it has never made me break out and I have sensitive acne prone skin. It's not super moisturizing because if it was it wouldn't control shine. The Clean-Ac is great for night time moisturizing. This and the Clean-Ac are a big part of my skin being clear after years of acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2010 12:36:00 AM More reviews by loveydove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the first lotion have ever been able to wear without major breakouts the next day! I have sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin so I have my share of problems with everything I put on my face but I really like this product. I use a very small amount in the morning only but I don't use it every day. The lotion is marketed as an oil-absorbing moisturizer which provides long-lasting mattification. My opinion is that the lotion does exactly what it claims. The fragrance is very light and pleasant. The only drawback for me is that if I use this product daily I tend to get whiteheads. My skin just doesn't need moisturizer daily. So, I use it a few times a week and I don't get whiteheads. The lotion is pricey - approximately $26 Canadian at Shoppers Drug Mart.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2010 11:59:00 PM More reviews by MarilynMonroeMUA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lasting me forever because you need the smallest amount! Superb primer. Whenever I get a bit of shine (I wear mineral makeup) I buff my skin with my kabuki brush and it becomes seamless and incredible (because of this product-with other primers underneath it's not quite the same effect)
The best part about this is that it is a moisturizer for oily skin which also has micro capsules that stop your oil from shining! When I do shine, it's 1/4 the amount I usually do compared to other primers, and I am talking about effective one's.
One of my friends is not too big on products and I am encouraging her into one's I know will be effective for her, and she loves this one, went out and bought it after I gave her a sample of mine to try.
I heart Avene- never have I loved so many products from one brand!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 8:50:00 AM More reviews by MissJacqui85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this range, it is rare for me to like more than 1 or 2 products in one range, but I have a few fave's with Avene. This is one of them- is a beautiful primer for my oily skin under my mineral makeup.

Use the tiniest amount or it will work against you.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Loueze245

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been searching for a great everyday moisturiser that doesn't aggrevate my over sensitised cheeks and I've found my HG item! Had it recommended to me on visiting a SKN clinic. I would have normally shyed away as I have Dry/sensitive skin and this is targeted at oily skin/blemished but thought why not!!

Although many reviews state that it's not moisturising enough - I find it plenty even though prior to trying this I'd slather on tonnes of rich moisturiser including Avene's 'rich compensating cream' (maybe a good way to add moisture for those who struggle?)

The tube is small enough to fit into my make up bag - a smidge on the expensive side but worth every penny.

I can also easily plonk my tinted moisturiser ontop quickly without flaking or streaking.
Great item - availbale at most boots and SKN clinics.