Cover Girl CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Talc, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone Copolyol, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Ethylene Brassylate, Trihydroxystearin, Trisodium EDTA, Silica, Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Propylparaben, Barium Sulfate, Methicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Laureth 7, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica

the main reason i got this fndt was because its one of the fndt that are ivory / light without the pinkish tone to it. and i love that. mine is in classic ivory. its an alright fndt , when i put it on my face it sets to a dry finish but then turns somewhaat oily. I tried this 2 years ago and loved it. im guessing i tried this in the winter because its not good in hot weather. this is suppose to be hydrating and i guess it does do its purpose although it looks oily instead of hydrating/dewy. Now,... im not completely giving up on this because i do love the shade. main point is ..this fndt is not for the summer. more like a winter foundation.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

For some weird reason, I LOVE THIS. I have oily skin, and this is just a perfect light natural foundation for me! Love the squeeze tube packaging, very hygienic. It doesn't have amazing coverage, but it is very buildable so thats kind of okay. I never really got on with tinted moisturizers, so this is a perfect breathable foundation for me! I still use a primer underneath, usually a mattifying one because this doesn't have a matte finish (it doesn't have a dewy one either though...) then I set it with a foundation powder for a bit of a coverage boost. Love love love! I really hope they don't discontinue this product!

I bought this last week in my quest for a lighter makeup for the weekend. My BB cream is great, but thought this would provide better coverage. I LOVE the coverage, the color is perfect, and it blends really well. But, it is yet another CG product that has something in it that makes me itch. So...down into the trash it goes. Is not worth standing in line at Walmart to return for $6 or so. Try it and see if it works for you. I hope it does. I really wish it had worked for me!

I absolutely adore this foundation. It goes on smoothly, is available in a wide variety of shades, and it's so good for your skin. The few problems I did have were that it doesn't last very long, and tends to fade off your face after a few hours, but that won't be a problem if you use a primer first (I do, and it works so much better). Also, the coverage is very, VERY light, but this product is very build-able, so that's not a really big issue. I love how small the nozzle is, it keeps the foundation fresh for a long time, and very clean. This product is water-based, so it moisturizes your skin without looking oily.

TIP If you do purchase this foundation, when you can no longer get any out of the nozzle, cut the bottle open with scissors, and use a spoon to extract the remaining foundation. I got another 5-7 uses out of the bottle by doing this.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Very good, but light coverage. Will need a darker shade for summer. I really like the not- too- thick consistency. It does look a bit chalky until I use a glycerin based setting spray. (I make my own).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

EDIT: this oxidises. Please disregard the review below :/

CG advertises this as a moisturizing, "light, natural" finish foundation. CG delivers on its claims and quite well! I find this to have the consistency of a TM, and use about two layers for a very natural finish. It puts a soft focus on my face and with translucent setting powder, it doesn't look like I'm wearing liquid foundation. I wear this as an "I'm on my day off" or "f-ck it, I'm just going to the grocery store" foundation. I need concealer to cover blemishes with this, but when my skin is good I love how natural the finish is.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have oily, acne-prone skin and larger pores that clog. I always end up coming back to this foundation because it doesn't clog my pores. It's really not *wonderful* for me though, the cover is too sheer for my acne and scarring, and my face ends up oily after a few hours. I try to keep my face matte with powder, which helps. To me, it really seems like a tinted moisturizer. I think if you have normal to dry skin and don't need a lot of coverage, this would be a great drugstore brand. For me, I'm still searching...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is actually a good foundation if you're just looking for a light coverage. It is buildable as well, and it's breathable. It didn't irritate my acne-prone skin. I loved this foundation, but recently it turned against my very fair skin and started oxidizing really bad to where I end up looking like an oompa loompa instead of natural by the end of the day. I would recommend this to anyone who is just looking for a light and breathable foundation, but also to those who don't have very fair skin. :)

Back when i was a rookie at makeup, i HATED this because it didn't last.. but i didn't use a powder!
But now i : Stipple it using the ELF powder brush (more coverage) then set it with Maybelline pure stay pressed powder. And it looks amazing! Last nearly all day with little to no touch-ups and rarely looks cakey. :)
Would recommend!!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a very nice light coverage foundation that rarely gets much talk (positive or negative). I've been on a little CoverGirl *kick* lately -After swearing CG off for years and years I was pleasantly pleased with their Natureluxe foundation and CG/Olay Pressed Powder (please see separate reviews if interested ;) ) So I wanted to try some of CG's other face cosmetics.
Drugstore.com recently had a CG BOGO50% off sale and I needed to repurchase my Natureluxe so I threw this in my basket and only paid $2 and some change for it ;) I noticed at my local WalMart it's just under $7 USD.
For reference my skin is fair and warm (NC15 in MAC) Also oily and acne/clog-prone. I purchased the 2nd lightest shade- (Classic Ivory) -due to the reccomendation down below from another reviewer. The 1st shade is very pink/cool toned, so if you are pale with yellow undertones, go for Classic Ivory/2nd shade. If you're pale with pinky undertones, go for the first shade.
Since getting my acne-prone skin under control (Thanks to the lovely MUA boards!) I've been *all about* light coverage foundations- I'm basically only needing something to even out my uneven skin, not major coverage. If *you* need major coverage, I wouldn't reccomend this foundation to you.
Having oily skin I wouldn't normally purchase something called "Hydrating" like this foundation though, but with the weather quickly changing from summer to fall/winter it wrecked havoc on my skin and I wanted to try something that may add a little more moisture and a little less flakies/dry patches. -This fits the bill :) I definately don't think it's *overly* moisturizing, it took around 5-6 hours before my T-zone began getting oily, and lasted more than 12 hours on the rest of my face with zero touch ups. It never oxidized or turned me into an "oil slick" at any point though, which is great :)
I've also had no issues with clogged pores, breakouts, or acne from this foundation which is also great.
When I first received it in the mail I wore it for a little more than a week straight, but since then I've kind of reserved this foundation as one I use for around the house, or when running up to the post office -Times that I only need *very* light coverage, or if I start getting dry patches again then I turn to this until my skin heals back up to normal.
Overall it's quite nice to have - I love full coverage foundations for special occassions, but I very much dislike wearing them on a daily basis. This is *that* "daily basis" foundation :) It removes with ease, doesn't give my skin any issues, and depending on the weather I can sometimes skip moisturizer with this.
Not a Holy Grail foundation for me, but something I plan to repurchase and would reccomend to anyone looking for super light coverage with a little hydration for an inexpensive price :)