August 23, 2014 | 1046 users online

Shampoo - Kerastase - Oleo-Relax Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 10:58:00 AM More reviews by footballove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I adoreeeee all about Kerastase range,but I find this shampoo is to heavy for my fine hair.Yes,this made my hair so smooth,straight and less frizzy,but also made my hair so greasy and limp at the same time,so I do bealive this si miracle for thick haired ladies.I can't even imagine that Kerastase doesn't work for some ladies,but I bealive that all You need is to pick right line for Your type of hair.So ask Kerastase ladies to give You some advice,and You will not go wrong with Kerastase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2008 5:01:00 PM More reviews by ReenBean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have thick, heat damaged, straight, frizzy hair and am always on the look out for products that will stop me looking like the king of the jungle. This is not the cheapest shampoo out there but so far it’s the only one that does what it claims and calms my hair into a manageable state. I have converted a frizzy-haired girlfriend to this too…HG status for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2008 11:24:00 PM More reviews by whirled

This is my first Kerastase shampoo. I have frizzy, wavy hair and I straighten my hair every single day. This shampoo works well on my hair, leaving it soft and manageable. The smell is quite sweet too. However, it does not lather as well as Bain Satin 2 shampoo, which I much prefer these days. Sometimes I still rotate between the two (I have about 1/4 product left of this Oleo Relax shampoo), depending how I want to style my hair. I would not purchase this product again though because Bain Satin shampoo is still the top item on my list!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2008 11:46:00 PM More reviews by brucelegs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow! Wow! Wow!

What a difference this has made with my colored and highlghted coarse, thick, unruly, prone to frizzies hair! I used to be a faithful user of FF Shea Butter shampoo, then I went over to Bain Miroir for color treated hair, but this stuff is the best. I was introduced to it at a new salon I had a CG for and got the highlights added that day. My wonderful stylist recommended this in place of the Bain Miroir shampoo. My hair is soft (!), not frizzie (!) and is overall in my control for a change.

You don't need a lot and it will not lather up with lots of bubbles but I highly recommend it for coarse, frizzie, thick out of control hair.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2008 9:13:00 AM More reviews by vanessa713

I'd rate this 0 lippies if I could. It's overpriced and does virtually nothing for my hair. I agree with previous reviews that said this dried their hair out, it left my ends feeling like straw and as a result my hair was frizzier than it was before I started using the shampoo. It's really hard to lather aswell, none of my other shampoos requite so much effort to get a lather. It left build up in my hair and my hair was just generally really hard to manage.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2008 9:06:00 AM More reviews by melwhite

Despite people griping about this shampoo drying their hair out or that it doesn't lather enough, I've experienced the opposite. Per instruction of my stylist AND the direction on the back of the bottle, the key really is to shampoo twice and use a very small amount. Maybe the size of a U.S. quarter or your average water chestnut (sliced ;) ) You will never get a good lather the first time and I find that sometimes if I have a lot of product in my hair it will be the third wash that will give me the best lather. This shampoo is also designed for extremely unruly, curly, frizzy hair. The Bain satin shampoo is designed for shine and moisture for average hair. Do not purchase this unless you have a head of curls or a head of serious frizz because it's not made for you.

It worked wonders on my thick, over-proccessed, naturally curly hair. I think it would be too much for anyone with normal or fine hair however.

As far as price goes, I forked over $85 for the shampoo and conditioner combo here in Australia. And the packaging leaves a heck of a lot to be wanted. I do give the product itself 5 stars, however.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 8:51:00 AM More reviews by Eva16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have healthy hair, but occasionally I like to splash out on expensive hair products to treat myself & maintain the good condition. For reference, my hair is long (a few inches above the waist).

First off, this thing is expensive. My hair dresser convinced me to buy it, & left me quite a few ££ poorer than I was when I first walked in.

The bottle & shampoo is orange. Personally I don't give a damn about the appearance of packaging, but for those who are fussy, the colour isn't pretty & looks garish.

Anyway, onto the shampoo. I find this does NOTHING for my hair. No shine, no moisture, doesn't make hair less frizzy...the smell it leaves on my hair leaves a lot to be desired also. However, what it DOES do is leave my hair feeling dry & tangled. I've never used a shampoo as drying as this, I swear. Since going back to my HG shampoo, my hair is now soft, shiny & manageable again :) My mum also used the Oleo Relax shampoo after I said how much I hated it, & it too dried her hair out (she has short hair) & left it flakey.

Words cannot describe how much I detest this shampoo. Won't repurchase & wouldn't recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2008 7:07:00 AM More reviews by ketidule

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this in combination with Oleo-Relax Mask. I love the mask, I am not loving this though. It is actually more drying than moisturizing. I still ended up with great, soft, bouncy hair without frizzies in the end (thanks to the mask), but I would recommend Bain Satin (2 or 3) to those with dry hair.
EDIT: at first my hair was a little like straw after this shampoo, but it actually dramatically improved by regular usage. My hair is left very soft and moisturized.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2008 8:14:00 PM More reviews by pinkcobra

I really wanted to love this shampoo, and the masque as well, but for some reason it completely dried my hair out. It seemed to work for the first couple of weeks and I loved how my hair felt after my stylist used this... but I just got nasty results at home. I didn't want to throw it away so I stuck with it through almost the whole bottle, but happily went back to my Fekkai afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2008 6:53:00 AM More reviews by HappyGoLucky27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Fantastic shampoo! It really does what it says it will. One wash and your hair is smooth and detangled and the good thing is that you don't need as much conditioner after because it moisturises really well. It is expensive, as with other Kerastase products but it's worth it. I'm hooked on Kerastase. Will definitely purchase again.