Hard Candy Glitter Eye Pencil

3.0

on 11/9/2004 2:36:00 PM

This is a sparkly pencil which looks pretty cool in my make up bag. I wouldn't say it's 100% when compared to my beautiful BeneFit Mr Frosty but it provides a lot more sparkle so I love it for nights out. It gives a very pretty glitter effect, reminiscent of those snowflake things you make at primary school and quite a bit of definition. It comes in a lovely box, so it would be a nice gift too. The only really problem is the fact that it's stupidly hard. This, combined with the glitter causes a scratchy effect when applying and lets it down slightly. It could definitely do with being a bit creamier and maybe having a little more pigment. All said though, it looks great on!

on 10/26/2004 10:15:00 PM

What is everyone taking about?! I LOVE this eyeliner it is the best I have ever used. Its very soft to apply and glides easily. The glitter is very sutble in it, its good for an extra twist to standard eyeliner. I havent worn black eyeliner years becuase my eyes get very watery and it just smudges off. But this one is great. Th eblending brush on the end is beautifully soft. I just bought it last week and already know im getting a new one! My only complaint is as someone said the black is not quite strong enough.

on 10/4/2004 4:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I loved the look but it was annoying when I tried to make a smooth line and ran over the glitter lumps. If they made it a shimmer instead of glitter chunks, I'd be sold because it was a subtle look. Also, I kept getting glitter chunks everywhere when I tried to wash it off. I won't buy any more of these.

on 9/1/2004 1:26:00 PM

These pencils are way too hard- application is borderline painful. I think the blending end is fairly worthless, as well.

on 7/30/2004 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It's not a bad glitter pencil - I have this in black with silver sparkles. It goes on pretty smooth, and definitely sparkly, but the black isn't black enough, so it looks kind of gray. I prefer the look I get when I use their eyeshadow colors Cyber or Galaxy (from Quartets) by dipping Too Faced Liquif-Eye or Benefit She-Lac into the eyeshadow. I wouldn't bother with this eyeliner.

on 5/23/2004 12:10:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love this pencil! I wanted it in any of the blue shades, but they were all sold out so I got it in Trailer Trash. So now I just apply this over my color eye shawdows. Great for a night out.

on 2/24/2004 12:27:00 PM

I'd only buy this if I were to ever use up mine--but I rarely go out to clubs anymore so whats the point? its not like you'd wear this to work in an office or even on a date--you would like like you're trying too hard. plus, im nearing 30 now, so...? anyways, its pretty if you take the time to apply it right...i have the silvery-white pencil. but it takes like forever to put on, and it hurts your inner eyelid when you have to press and press the pencil in. im surprised i never poked myself in the process. if you are younger, you might love these as a more regular look.

on 2/16/2004 10:35:00 PM

I forgot which colour I had, but it's a lilac with glitter. It goes on very smoothly, deposits a lot of glitter, plus I love the blender brush at the end! My only complaint is that it just doesn't last on me!

Looks great if there was more glitter. There must be some secret to applying this. The pencil is very very hard...hard to apply and hard on your eyes lids! Awful!

on 12/24/2003 12:55:00 AM

Yuck! I also had this in trailer trash and it felt like I was scratching my eyelid with sandpaper. I also do not have sensitive skin. The glitter within seconds was all over my face, in my eyes, and in hours everywhere but my eyelids. I returned this. If your looking for "glitter" try urban decay sparkler pens, now thats a good glitter for your eyes.