Yankee Candles MacIntosh Housewarmer

4.8

I love this candle! The apple scent is perfect and crisp and these candles last quite a long time. I also love the car air freshener in the macintosh scent.

MacIntosh smells like freshly cut, sweet, crisp, ripe apples. Throw is OK, I usually burn this candle in my bedroom and I can smell the candle plenty. Come to think of it, I should dust this baby off and fire it up, it's been sitting in my closet untouched for the last few months. I really like my MacIntosh candle but I don't think that I would be repurchasing, only because there are so many other candles out there that need to be lit and while I enjoy this one very much, I'm not crazy about it to the point I'd want back-ups - maybe because it's apple and while very lovely, not one of the fragrances that I keep going back to.

on 1/7/2010 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My bf thought I had fresh apples baking, that's how awesome it smells, just had to share it out here :-)

on 7/29/2009 11:53:00 AM

Nobody could deny that Macintosh smells amazing. It's a very pure fragrance, with nothing else to muddle the fresh apple smell. Unfortunately, it has very little throw. I could burn it for hours without detecting the scent anywhere in the house. I was really disappointed upon discovering this, as I think the scent is one of Yankee's best. I do have the car gel in Macintosh hanging in my closet, however, and my clothes smell great. Maybe the jar I got was just a dud?

on 1/22/2009 4:50:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

THis is the smell of apples, like grammy cutting up apples and about to make a pie apples. Its great!

on 1/14/2009 8:52:00 PM

I thought I'd found my favourite apple scented candle when I got some "granny smith" tealights, but I think I just found something better. What a mouthwatering, yummy smell. Smells exactly like real apples. I just ran amok on ebay and ordered a 22 oz jar, 6 tarts and 12 tealights in macintosh. One of which will be a gift for my best friend who also loves scented candles.

on 9/3/2008 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I originally bought this as a transition scent from late summer to fall. I am not one for fresh or fruity scents at all - yet this one is just a great smelling apple that isn't nausating or obnoxious. I do not think of this as a "fall" scent. I actually think I would burn this spring, summer & early fall. Purchased the 2 wick and it burns completely & clean. Price is a little high, throw could be stronger but overall happy w/ purchase.

on 8/22/2008 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I could kick myself for avoiding this scent. Over the past several years, everytime I'd sniff the jar I'd cringe because I despise apple fragrances. Well, recently I ordered a set of automatic air fresheners which contained several of Yankee Candle scents and guess what was included? MacIntosh! I knew it would be the LAST scent I'd use in the set but something told me to try it NOW. Long story short - I'M IN LOVE! The aroma is crisp and realistic. No spices or weird 'old smellin' notes to cloud it. Just straight, off-the-vine freshness. Great for fall and winter. It is now my new favorite housewarmer. (I'm really loving the new 2-wick). Update: I can't stand the soot. Won't repurchase.

on 7/26/2008 3:58:00 PM

Yankee's Macintosh apple scented candle is one of the very best smelling apple candles I have found. The apple scent is crisp and fresh smelling, not sweet or of cinnamon and spice. I know many people love this scent in the fall, but I use this one over the spring and summer months because the throw is wonderful even on a summer day with all the windows open in my home!

on 5/29/2008 8:43:00 AM

My mouth is watering just thinking about the scent of this candle - it smells like biting into a juicy, tart, crisp apple picked straight off the tree on a sunny autumn day. I have bought a good few of these over the years - thay last for ages, give a lovely red glow to the room, and the smell is sweet and delicious without ever becoming sickly.

Top Rated Candles