November 27, 2014 | 1680 users online

Polishes - OPI - Romeo & Joliet

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2007 5:35:00 PM More reviews by xxpussycatdoll

Gorgeous, beautiful, rich, chocolatey brown that appears very dark brown red at times. I wasn't sure how this would look on fingernails but I bought anyway and am loving the dark deep richness, I can't stop looking at my hands, just beautiful!!!!!!!! Also went on with no streaking and I put it on yesterday and it is still just as beautiful today.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2007 3:42:00 AM More reviews by mascaralove

i love this color! it is really flattering and i always get alot of compliments!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2007 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Sarasotagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't love this, and it puzzles me why. I usually adore dark colors and colors with brown, so a very dark red/brown should be a slam dunk, no? And yet. I had the teeny application problems, too, though that might be because I haven't adjusted to the wider brush. I streaked and glopped more than I like. But it's the finish that doesn't quite do it for me -- there's not quite enough shimmer or SOMETHING to make this an HG for me. I'll use this up, but I doubt I'll get it again. EDITED TO ADD AND GROVEL: I don't know what I was thinking earlier when I gave this only three lippies. Perhaps I was dropped on my head. But now that I've tried multiple other shimmer browns and reds I can appreciate how great R&J is. Lots of depth to the color -- and this is maybe the perfect color for my coloring, deep red-brown -- and excellent, excellent wear. Five lippies, and a big apology from me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2007 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Jadetive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My friend did a manicure with me and she had this color on her nails. It's a very very deep warm burgandy. Would look nice on people with warm skin. I have a cooler skin tone so it wouldn't look as nice on me. Lovely color though.

It's similar to Mrs OLearys BBQ, but this one is warmer, more brown, less purple.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2007 2:18:00 PM More reviews by thatmoody

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great vampy color for fall, but it's too similar to my Orly Naughty. Application is a little iffy - streaky on the first coat (although it was fine with a second coat, so I didn't take off any for that). The pro-wide brush, however, was a little difficult to get used to. It works great on my big toe but on the smaller ones (I have really tiny auxilliary toenails :P) it's a bit unwieldy.

I ended up putting it up for swap because it's a little too close to my Orly, but if you didn't already have a similar color this would be a great brownish-red to round out your collection :).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2007 6:12:00 PM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Although this was a bit browner than what I was expecting, it's still a yummy, luscious colour. It's like a more chocolately version of Suzie Love Sydney (which I already have - probably don't need both). Like all OPI polishes, staying power is great. If you're a nail biter, beware, as your fingertips will look like they have been dipped in melted dark Swiss chocolate and you may find them too tempting!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2007 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Sex_Kitten

I love this colour, it's a nice redddish brown (think autumn) and looks great on toes, I'm a DDD so this is a staple winter colour for me. Another thing is that it's nice and shimmery, not sparkles but more of a multitonal finish as opposed to a flat colour, not to mention the brush is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2007 9:23:00 PM More reviews by karolcia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is a great brown color- dark one! i love it on my toes! looks just awsome. doesnt look red to me at all. it is a very pretty brown!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2007 7:40:00 PM More reviews by hibiscus31

This is my all time favorite color of OPI's. The browny/reddish color is gorgeous. I have very pale skin and find it looks great on my hands and feet. Very difficult to track down, but worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2007 9:56:00 PM More reviews by DDP1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very beautiful dark burgundy-brown with subtle shimmer. In most circumstances it looks brown, slightly bronze, while other times it looks more burgundy. It might be a little too warm-toned for me, but I love it!