Rimmel Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

3.6

Water (aqua), Poloxamer 184, Sodium PCA, Disodium Cocomphodiacetate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Panthenol

on 11/10/2012 12:46:00 PM

Pros:
-Feels like water on your eyes
-removes all traces of eye makeup in a few swipes
-doesn't leave an oily residue
-doesn't sting
-leaves a clean, refreshing feeling after use (but it doesn't tingle or anything)
-ONE OF THE CHEAPEST, MOST EFFECTIVE REMOVERS OUT THERE

Cons:
-doesn't remove waterproof mascara... but then again only extra virgin olive oil removes my L'oreal voluminous waterproof mascara
-too much product comes out, wish they had something more ergonomic

Overall i really like this! It works very well

on 8/31/2012 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

There were hardly any zombies at the Walmart cosmetics section (zombies because they just stood there, make the decision, pay & get out) & saw these cleanser, without hesitation I picked 4, they are Can$ 5 each. For a quickie, I use it to cleanse all over the face & neck & then splash some water to take the cleanser off, then moisturizer.
Definitely will seek out some more next time.

on 8/22/2012 6:13:00 PM

This is my first eye makeup remover and first experience with Rimmel products. I bought it after seeing glowing reviews on several websites, and was not disappointed. It removed all my eye makeup (including waterproof mascara) in one swipe. Also, it is fairly reasonably priced at $4.50 for 4 oz., cheaper than comparable drug store brands.

For people who claim that this stings your eyes, maybe your skin was already irritated before. The first time I used it, it did sting my eyebrow area a little bit, but that was because my skin was very dry and flaky that day. The next day, I used moisturizer before applying eye makeup, and when I took my makeup off that night, I didn't experience any irritation at all.

on 8/22/2012 11:20:00 AM

I don't know why, but this is a really bad product for me. 3 minutes after using this my eyes start to turn red and it stings pretty bad. It removes the makeup well, though.

on 8/15/2012 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a staple in my skincare routine, always has been and always will be. I'm not sure why it stings for certain people and it doesn't for others but this product has never made my eyes sting.

Not only is it oil-free, but it gets off heavy makeup very well. Yes, I may have to use 2-3 cotton rounds but to me, it's worth using extra because of how gentle the product is. I have tried various eye makeup remover products from drugstore to high end and hands down, Rimmel always wins for me.

The thing I appreciate the most about this product is that it actually IS oil-free. A lot of brands 'claim' it is oil free but often times, they feel thick and leaves oil residue on my eyes (if that makes any sense). I always describe this product to friends that it feels like cool water!

on 6/8/2012 12:41:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

One of the best eye removers that I have tried.
So far, I've only purchased drugstore eye removers.
It doesn't leave an oily residue and gentle.

on 5/21/2012 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is a GOD SEND. I've been buying this for years. I usually get 3-6 bottles at a time because nothing will substitute and I never want to be without especially with how much black eye make up I use. Nothing else gets my eye make up off as effortlessly. This doesn't burn at all. The texture feels like just regular water where as most removers feel like thick lotions or oils. I can't stand either. This will take off any and all make up not just around the eye.

on 4/25/2012 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This does not do a good job of removing waterproof eye make-up. It takes at least 2 soaked cotton balls per eye (I wear eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara daily) and I have to hold it on there and then even rub to really get it to break up and come off. I don't even think I will finish the bottle because it was so cheap--not even worth my hassle. Also, sometimes it stings my eyes and sometimes it's fine...so who knows. Usually I really like Rimmel products, but this one is a definite miss.

on 3/20/2012 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The upside is the price(really inexpensive) and that it has no greasy residue feeling common with many eye makeup removers.

Unfortunately, it really stings my eyes. It's not "gentle" at all. And it doesn't remove everything in one swipe... so um it's super painful to use.
My eyes aren't usually sensitive.

I'm sad this one didn't work out for me, I had high hopes.

on 3/19/2012 10:36:00 AM

This is a great product in the sense that it removes eye makeup (including mascara) effortlessly and quickly and it's also dirt cheap. Unfortunately for me this product really stings my eyes so much I will not be repurchasing.