MAC 266 Thin Small Angle (natural hair)

4.5

I've been using this for about a year now. I find the brush/eyeliner in a pot combo easier for the cat-eye effect than just using a regular eyeliner pencil. My only gripe is that the # is barely readable on the brush for me to even find what brush to review! I wish MAC would fix that because for me, with products I spend a lot on and keep for years, I want them to stay in good shape all around (not just the hair not shedding). Other than that, MAC brushes are pretty much perfect.

on 10/17/2012 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

LOVE this brush. I use it almost daily and it has remained in perfect shape for a few years now. It is so worth it.

on 10/5/2012 1:27:00 PM

I've had mine maybe 10 years. As great as the day I bought it. Is it the same as what's sold now? Who knows. I purchased it pre-Estee acquisition. Whenever you buy brushes, just try to do it in person, and make sure it fits your needs and you like how the bristles look etc. I think if you shop around a bit, you will find brushes both more expensive and less expensive that do the same job. I just love MY particular 266 very much and though it felt pricey when I bought it, it's been a faithful companion ever since so it was well worth it. I wouldn't pay the full price for a MAC brush just because it says MAC on it. I still need to evaluate every brush in person, especially when it comes to natural hair brushes, and I suggest you do the same.

on 6/9/2012 6:38:00 AM

At first I thought it was hard to use. But after practicing again and again this brush give me a great cat eye result and it became easier to use every time. It makes the line so clear at right angle.

I've been using this brush for 5 years and it's still in good shape. You just need a regular wash schedule.

on 4/30/2012 1:58:00 PM

this is a staple and worth the twenty somethings bucks..i just purchased this and it works great for my eye brows with mac expresso ..i dont think it will work very very for mac fluidline because the bristles seem a bit too thin and soft...but do use to fill in eyebrows.

on 4/22/2012 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

It took me only 2 uses to write this review. I would normally wait a long time, but this brush is the best I have used to get the tail end of my (nonexistent) brow line drawn in. It works great for the whole brow, but I have been trying lately to extend my brows to the proper length and this brush makes it look very natural and not drawn on. I am even able to go over the same "tail-end" section a few times without it looking wider and just depositing more color like I want to. I have about 4 eyebrow brushes and now with this one I have finally got it right! I am so happy to finally be done looking for a great eyebrow brush :)

Great in applying my MAC brow shader. Soft bristles.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I use this brush for my brows. I dont think the size is too big. Love the fact that it's dense yet soft so I can apply my brow color nicely. Def would repurchase!

on 3/30/2012 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

this is too big for my taste. it doesnt work well for applying eyeliner on my lids neither to shape in my eyebrows. i prefer the 263 which is more versatile for lining and coloring. even though there are alternative ones for cheaper prices in drugstore that works the same.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I use this as an eyeliner brush only, it doesn't work well for my brows. I use it to apply my Fluidline and love using it to line my eyes with eyeshadow. It's perfect for doing winged liner also.

Popular Makeup Brushes