January 31, 2015 | 1919 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 266 Thin Small Angle (natural hair)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 1:58:00 PM More reviews by syjimenez

this is a staple and worth the twenty somethings bucks..i just purchased this and it works great for my eye brows with mac expresso ..i dont think it will work very very for mac fluidline because the bristles seem a bit too thin and soft...but do use to fill in eyebrows.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by crankykiki

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

It took me only 2 uses to write this review. I would normally wait a long time, but this brush is the best I have used to get the tail end of my (nonexistent) brow line drawn in. It works great for the whole brow, but I have been trying lately to extend my brows to the proper length and this brush makes it look very natural and not drawn on. I am even able to go over the same "tail-end" section a few times without it looking wider and just depositing more color like I want to. I have about 4 eyebrow brushes and now with this one I have finally got it right! I am so happy to finally be done looking for a great eyebrow brush :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by pinknouveau20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great in applying my MAC brow shader. Soft bristles.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 6:23:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this brush for my brows. I dont think the size is too big. Love the fact that it's dense yet soft so I can apply my brow color nicely. Def would repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by juicy415

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is too big for my taste. it doesnt work well for applying eyeliner on my lids neither to shape in my eyebrows. i prefer the 263 which is more versatile for lining and coloring. even though there are alternative ones for cheaper prices in drugstore that works the same.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 2:41:00 AM More reviews by FrenchVanillaXOX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this as an eyeliner brush only, it doesn't work well for my brows. I use it to apply my Fluidline and love using it to line my eyes with eyeshadow. It's perfect for doing winged liner also.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by pemily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great for brows!
brush will last a life time if you take care!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Tifmcd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this brush for my eyebrows every single morning. I've gone through a lot of angled brushes for my brows and I'm done with my search at the mac 266. Its real hair so the way it applys espresso powder for my brow is super.

You wont regret this buy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a famous, good selling MAC brush as it is "the" MAC brush for eyelining w/eyeshadows and liquid liners. However, the original #22 is a far superior brush. This #266 took its place. #22 was made in France as were all of MAC brushes back then. I believe they are mostly made in Japan these days. This happened once Estee Lauder bought MAC from Frank Toskan and Frank Angelo. However, I will still maintain that MAC brushes are Wonderful in every sense of the word. Go into a MAC Retail Store or a MAC Pro Store and you will see an array of different brushes that will astound you! The department store only sell the more basic, best sellers and cannot afford to have "an open to buy" large enough but to carry what they do as MAC brushes are not cheap. They ARE worth every penny they cost. Here is a little MAC Brush History which helps explain their price: Most cheaper brushes start off with the same overall hair length. They are then cut by computer/machine to whatever specified brush shape is wished. The problem with this is when virgin animal hair is cut, it then has a "Flat" as opposed to "rounded" tip. The virgin tiped (rounded) picks up product (lets go with eyeshadow or blush powder for this history) much more evenly and spreads it out more evenly without "dropoff" (excess eyeshadow ending up under your eye.) The Ferrel (metal part which is between the hair and handle) is made of nickel plated brass and the hair is "crimped" then glued into the ferrel and "crimped" and glued into the handle. The handle is made of special wood (I forget) then laminated through layers to resist rotting when being washed. MAC only uses virgin (never trimmed before) animals which are well cared for the purpose of their hair for makeup brushes. They are free range and well loved and taken care of. Just as humans, animals loose a certain amount of their hair daily. Within 6 months or so an animals hair has all fallen out in stages until the hair which has been cut falls out and is totally replaced with their original virgin (rounded tip) hair. Then and only then will MAC use the virgin hair again for the manufacture of their brushes. I hope with this info you will never be "shocked" as to the price of MAC brushes ever again. Save if you have to, but buy MAC brushes as they are "the secret" as to that beautiful almost airbrushed look to a MAC Face!!! It's troublesome getting it any other way!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Newyorking

I purchased this brush with MAC Fluidline. This brush is good fot a thick line but not for thin. I have used it for years, and I still have a big problem using it over my left eye. I do a nice thin line on the right eye, and when it comes to the left one it always does a thick line, then I have to make the right one thick to match the left one and I hate going to wor with such a big liner. I tried tightlining with this one today while I am waiting to receive the LM flat liner brush. This brush is so rough and pointy that one area in my eyelashes started bleeding!!! I kid you not. I was shocked to see slight red blood, and could not believe it. This brush is hard and pointy which is good for an eyeliner but definitely not for tightlining. Please DO NOT use this for tightlining unless you want your lash area to bleed.

It has given me a good liner a few times, but I should not have to work so hard for it especially since I have been using eyeliner for years. I ordered a new thinner brush from LM and hope that one works out better. I tried this brush for smokey eye as well, but don't really like this brush much.