October 30, 2014 | 1703 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 266 Thin Small Angle (natural hair)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 2:41:00 AM More reviews by FrenchVanillaXOX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this as an eyeliner brush only, it doesn't work well for my brows. I use it to apply my Fluidline and love using it to line my eyes with eyeshadow. It's perfect for doing winged liner also.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by pemily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great for brows!
brush will last a life time if you take care!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Tifmcd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this brush for my eyebrows every single morning. I've gone through a lot of angled brushes for my brows and I'm done with my search at the mac 266. Its real hair so the way it applys espresso powder for my brow is super.

You wont regret this buy!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a famous, good selling MAC brush as it is "the" MAC brush for eyelining w/eyeshadows and liquid liners. However, the original #22 is a far superior brush. This #266 took its place. #22 was made in France as were all of MAC brushes back then. I believe they are mostly made in Japan these days. This happened once Estee Lauder bought MAC from Frank Toskan and Frank Angelo. However, I will still maintain that MAC brushes are Wonderful in every sense of the word. Go into a MAC Retail Store or a MAC Pro Store and you will see an array of different brushes that will astound you! The department store only sell the more basic, best sellers and cannot afford to have "an open to buy" large enough but to carry what they do as MAC brushes are not cheap. They ARE worth every penny they cost. Here is a little MAC Brush History which helps explain their price: Most cheaper brushes start off with the same overall hair length. They are then cut by computer/machine to whatever specified brush shape is wished. The problem with this is when virgin animal hair is cut, it then has a "Flat" as opposed to "rounded" tip. The virgin tiped (rounded) picks up product (lets go with eyeshadow or blush powder for this history) much more evenly and spreads it out more evenly without "dropoff" (excess eyeshadow ending up under your eye.) The Ferrel (metal part which is between the hair and handle) is made of nickel plated brass and the hair is "crimped" then glued into the ferrel and "crimped" and glued into the handle. The handle is made of special wood (I forget) then laminated through layers to resist rotting when being washed. MAC only uses virgin (never trimmed before) animals which are well cared for the purpose of their hair for makeup brushes. They are free range and well loved and taken care of. Just as humans, animals loose a certain amount of their hair daily. Within 6 months or so an animals hair has all fallen out in stages until the hair which has been cut falls out and is totally replaced with their original virgin (rounded tip) hair. Then and only then will MAC use the virgin hair again for the manufacture of their brushes. I hope with this info you will never be "shocked" as to the price of MAC brushes ever again. Save if you have to, but buy MAC brushes as they are "the secret" as to that beautiful almost airbrushed look to a MAC Face!!! It's troublesome getting it any other way!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Newyorking

I purchased this brush with MAC Fluidline. This brush is good fot a thick line but not for thin. I have used it for years, and I still have a big problem using it over my left eye. I do a nice thin line on the right eye, and when it comes to the left one it always does a thick line, then I have to make the right one thick to match the left one and I hate going to wor with such a big liner. I tried tightlining with this one today while I am waiting to receive the LM flat liner brush. This brush is so rough and pointy that one area in my eyelashes started bleeding!!! I kid you not. I was shocked to see slight red blood, and could not believe it. This brush is hard and pointy which is good for an eyeliner but definitely not for tightlining. Please DO NOT use this for tightlining unless you want your lash area to bleed.

It has given me a good liner a few times, but I should not have to work so hard for it especially since I have been using eyeliner for years. I ordered a new thinner brush from LM and hope that one works out better. I tried this brush for smokey eye as well, but don't really like this brush much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by ceen

Due to the length of its handle and the sharpness of its head, this multifunctional eye product brush delivers excellent precise results.

Ideal for use with brow transforming products such as Benefits' Brow-zings and Laura Mercier's Brow Definer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 9:40:00 AM More reviews by cherylf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love it. Use it for my brows too - much better than the 208 in my opinion (which I now use for gel eyeliners).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by H20girl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am a woman of many talents but applying eyeliner is not one of them. With this brush I no longer stab myself, look like I put my eyeliner on while intoxicated or scare infants with my crazy lined eyes. Easy to use with powder or gel this is my Holy Grail of brushes.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by kocoannie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first ever proper make up brush that I splurged on I think 5-6 years ago and I still love it!!

It did take me a little while to learn to appreaciate it but once I learnt how to use it properly, now I can't live without it!

This brush always gives precise application of gel eyeliner and I can use it to draw a fine or a thicker line. It's also perfect for filling in eyebrows and creating a detailed look along the top and bottom lash line.

I've had the same brush for years and with a bit of care it has given the brush longevity. It's my most favoured and used brush amongst my collection. It's a wonder I haven't multiple... maybe I should

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2011 4:39:00 AM More reviews by bathfreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So awful. How can people buy this stuff knowing that animals are killed to make them?!