November 26, 2014 | 1975 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Colorstay Nail color

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2007 4:10:00 PM More reviews by organizer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is definitely sheer...so sheer its almost like a clear np...i used a base coat but didnt know ur not supposed to...that will explain why it was difficult to apply and took forever to dry...but once its dry its nice

edited: this definitely lasts and does not chip, i took it off on the 3rd day only to change colours...beware b/c it took me 15mins to remove...it really does have staying power

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2007 4:00:00 AM More reviews by keelz23

This is the goopiest nail polish I have ever experienced. It literally feels like you are putting glue on your nails. It is this weird rubbery consistency and after about 3 seconds it starts to stick to itself so you have to make sure you put it on really fast without missing any spots. I've only had it on for a day so I don't know if it actually lasts, but I wouldn't use it again based on the consistency which makes it difficult to put on evenly and easy to get clumps. Also, it specifically says you need acetone to remove it. I got a little bit on my finger as well and the only way I could manage to get it off was scraping, since it seems to somehow become plastic when it dries.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2007 12:53:00 PM More reviews by ivorycanvas

I purchased this at a clearance at my local Fry's :) who would have thought?? The color I chose was "430 Always Cool"- a soft white frost. A really beautiful color, and I like how the top coat gives it an extra coat of shine. But it doesn't keep the polish from chipping throughout the day, mine lasted for about 2 days before I had to take it completely off and start with a fresh coat. And the worst part was trying to pry it off my nails with my polish remover- it sticks to nails and doesn't come off easily. I'll try wearing just the color without the topcoat. Will not repurchase in other colors.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2006 4:31:00 PM More reviews by bluela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I found a box of this polish when cleaning my house. I have a bin of "giveaway makeup/toiletries" that I let my friends have at whenever they want. However, none of them would take this polish from me, because I told them about what happened when I used it. Clearly it doesn't happen to everyone, but I see at least one other person on the most recent page here had a similar experience.

The polish did last. It was great; stayed on beautifully. I removed it easily with the pink gel-liquid sort of polish remover. But when I took it off, I saw my nails were very dry looking, so I held off putting on any more/other polish. And lucky I did, because my nails were simply wrecked. They peeled in sheets and looked beyond disgusting, they were downright frightening! I expected the polish to be taken off the market immediately, but I guess it wasn't. I guess it doesn't happen to everyone. I went around rubbing oil on my nails for weeks and never touched this stuff again.

To be clear, I have just fine, healthy, pink-bedded nails with a naturally nice moisture content. I've never had any problems with them being dry before, and certainly nothing like this had ever happened! The only people I would recommend this product to are people who would use it on fake nails, because I wouldn't want anyone else to damage their nails how mine were damaged, or be as scared as I was. If you're going to try it for the first time, please monitor your nails carefully. I'd recommend a test on one nail or a test run for just a day's wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2006 12:42:00 AM More reviews by LauraA001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using Revlon Color Stay polish for several years now, and it's the only polish I use consistently. My nails take a lot of abuse - house cleaning, horseback riding, and barn chores (cleaning saddles, grooming horses). While I don't get a full week out of my manicures, I can honestly say that it's only because of my lifestyle. This polish would last most people a full week. I, too, wish they offered more colors in this formula. I've also found that it gets thick and goopy quickly - so keep it capped between coats and cap it tightly when not being used. Does anyone know if I can use regular polish thinner on this?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2006 3:37:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was digging through my polish stash and found an unused package of "Timeless Nude." I can't even remember buying it. It was pre-priced at $3.99, and I have to say that I got a great deal. This stuff lasts longer than any polish I have, no matter what base or top coat I use with them. This color is a slightly metallic taupe, and it's very flattering and very shiny. The only negative thing I have to say about this is the limited color range. I'd love to see crazier colors from Revlon, at least in this formula!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2006 4:32:00 PM More reviews by PT811

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Awesome product. Lasts and lasts. Nothing else wears like this. I get it off easily with polish remover and a couple of swipes per nail.
I put my nails and hands thru heck and this lasts me at least a week on tips, more like 3 on toes. Truly is a wonder of the nail universe! The Absolute Bliss is a dupe of the gorgeous but chippy Essie polishes-like East Hampton Cottage and Ballet Slippers.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2006 9:05:00 PM More reviews by mlagirl

What a winner! Thank you Makeup alley! Women, you are so right, this stuff lasts forever and it is beautiful. The gloss on this is great, too. I look like I got a combo manicure/pedicure, and it only cost me $6 for a bottle's worth of them! Mine is in Always Romantic, a perfect berry shade to set off my pale skin. My previous nail colors never lasted 2 full days...this lasts for days and days...at least a week. I actually take it off and reapply at 7 days because my regrowth becomes obvious and I might as well perfect it at that point. It's as reliable as the color on acrylic nails. It is a masterpiece of a product. I find that non-acetone nail polish remover works fine, especially Cutex Essential care wipes. I tried acetone remover and had a terrible time trying to get this off. The color does stain a little---not a problem for me since I just take it off to reapply anyway. Edit: if you buff with the Revlon buffer, the stains come right off. The splits this polish can cause are greatly improved by the buffing too. I tried the color Natural, and it was too dark for my pail skin. I have gotten tons of compliments on my nails with this polish. Everyone thinks I got them professionally manicured. Yay Revlon!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2005 1:33:00 AM More reviews by firefly7

Hands down the best nail polish ever. This stuff lasted through a night of dishwashing at work! This lasts at least a week on me, usually longer though. I love the shade I have, a plum-berry color. My b/f really likes it when I wear this polish! I have never had any trouble getting this off whatsoever, you can even peel it off in a big layer when its ready to go, although thats probably not good for your nails! My only complain is they need to make more colors!! They have nice, classic colors, but need to add some brights for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2005 9:24:00 PM More reviews by koo104

I first got this in a nice Chocolate brown color which looked great & I got lots of compliments on. My boyfriend however, hated it. He must of had a bad memory of someone with that color of nails. He could not get over it so I stopped using it. It was the 1st polish to stay on my thin nails. So I just got some more in Timeless nude which is a warm nude tone, very nice with my fair skin tone. I tested out the color on a hand to see it how it looked before giving myself an actual manicure. After reading the feedback that it is hard to take off, I tried it out for myself. It came off immediately. I used cotton rounds w/ Sally Hansen Salon pump Maximun strength non acetone remover. I've never had good luck removing with toilet paper or cotton balls. They are messy.