September 2, 2014 | 1524 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by northerngal100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I know, I know - beauty editors top pick, a classic, etc. But this stuff is pretty terrible. It smudges everywhere, goes on thick and goopy - clumping your lashes and leaving a great deal of mess in its wake. The wash-off formula doesn't wash off well, so you end up having to use some almond oil or makeup remover to deal with it. I have naturally long lashes (lucky, I know - too bad they are blond), but I think this stuff makes them look stumpy! The brush leaves much to be desired since there is a lot of space between the bristles.

Now, I wasn't using "blackest black" but I think I can safely say that all the colours are likely the same quality of texture. It is only a $1 CAN cheaper than some of the other drugstore brands - and I would take my money elsewhere. Even maybelline makes other great mascaras (I am liking "plush" - even though it is an ugly tube and "full n' soft" never fails). I basically used this for a week and threw it out.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by trish7210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It's true, this stuff is the blackest black of all mascaras! I love that about it. However, it smudges very easily. And that's bad. :( I don't like the feel of waterproof mascaras, or I would just use the waterproof version. Does what it says if you don't mind raccoon eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaMRs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Why does this have such low reviews?! I LOVE this mascara, it's the best I've ever used--and I have used A LOT. This intensifies my lashes, makes them look super long and voluminous, without looking cakey, goopy, and thick. It doesn't clump, and goes on very smoothly. I highly recommend this product!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by SickSexFix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Is there a word stronger than hate? If so then I stronger than hate this mascara, all of the Great Lash versions.
Cons:
*Even the blackest black isn't very black
*Brush is terrible (makes my lashes look shorter!!)
*Ugly packaging (it's not vintage, it's just ugly)
Pros:
*Doesn't irritate my eyes
*Good for a daywear, work mascara (it's better than using nothing at all)
*Cheap as dirt
I pick this up now and then but hate it everytime. You never fail to disappoint me, Maybelline.

If my review helped you, click yes below!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by vwgreen

This is one of the only mascaras I'll bother with. I'm not a huge fan of the brush, but I can live with it. It's simple, cheap, effective and it works like a charm. I even like how the tube is green and pink! Be prepared to peel the little label sticker off though, cause it starts to come off within a week.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by VIPnolza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So i bought this mascara today not expecting much. i hear great things about all the great lash stuff so i thought spending $4.44 wasnt so bad. Now i apsolutlely refuse to spend over twenty dollars on a bunch of high end mascaras. You can ALMOST always find a dupe for common high end mascaras. So if your buying a high end mascara, really think hard about it. It may not be worth it if you can find one just as good at walgreens.

So to continue my mild rant about this mascara, i came home eager to see what the hype about this was about. And as i expected, i wasn't impressed. Now i am not big on mascaras. I have really unruly lashes so its hard for me to find good mascaras. They are naturally curly (NO, ITS NOT A GOOD THING! Mine are too curly, to point where putting eyeliner on is a pain in the butt) so i have to use a lash curler upside down uncurl them.

The formula is wet, so it wont hold a curl (or in my case, an uncurl) very well, Its a good idea to put this on SLOWLY. This buddy clumps. And one of my biggest pet peeves is clumpy spider lashes (worst trend, ever...). My lashes naturally like to clump together because of how curly it is (if only my hair could do the same -__-) so i already have to take time if i use mascara. But with this mascara i have to go in with some tweezers and separate them myself. That adds 10 more minutes to my already too long makeup routine.

Some pros are that it does add some volume, its really black (as the bottle says) and it does give some decent length. But here's one more con, this gets very messy!!! especially when im putting it on my bottom lashes. I love to do elaborate eyeshadow looks very often and this mascara could completely ruin it. All in all, i wont be using this very often. And i shall continue my hunt for the perfect mascara for my unruly lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by KitKatKat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I quite like this mascara. My mum has been using it for a while and it makes her lashes really long, so I purchased a tube for myself. The brush is very small which makes it easy to reach all lashes, but also makes application a little more longer than with a regular mascara brush. I have naturally short, relatively thin lashes but with this mascara I get pretty decent length. No clumping whatsoever. The formula is rather wet and thin but not too much so. I love how black the colour is - darker than other mascaras I've tried, even the ones that claim to have 'carbon black' pigments in them. It doesn't do much for volume but I wasn't expecting it to considering how the brush is shaped. But it holds a curl and gives nice length. Not dramatic by any means, but a nice day time mascara. I'd give it a 3.5 out of 5.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't know why every so often I feel comepelled to buy this rotten product. Maybe cos it was the first mascara I ever bought over ten years ago, and magazines constantly rave about it. I keep forgetting that I don't like it! The brush is too small and doesn't "grip" the lashes, so hardly any product goes on. Its wet, which I like in theory as it means there is no clumping, but it gives no volume or thickness to lashes. It smudges fairly easy too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by LadyKolie

I have used this brand of mascara since my mom showed me how to put on mascara on our mother daughter vacation when I was 12. When I got older I tried many other kinds, but they all have clumped and flaked, and every single waterproof formula has made my eyelashes actually fall out.

After all of these years, I only use two mascaras Diorshow Iconic, and Maybelline great lash. Besides Dior, this is the only mascara that doesn't clump horribly or flake all over my face in an hour. It seems my eyelashes like the formula and they play well together. The price compared to other brands of fail I have used is unbeatable. Before I knew you should change out mascara every few months, I kept a tube of this for years and it worked every day and didn't even dry up. Obviously I wasn't wearing it everyday, but it was my powerhorse of mascara.

I give it 5 of product, 5 for price, 4 for packaging only because my personal tastes are different. The brush works but I have liked other brushes more from other brands. I have reparchased this more times than I can count in 16 years, so yes, I will buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by sylivabz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't understand why magazines say this is the best mascara...I don't like it at all, I feel it's the worst I've ever used. I don't get it.