Maybelline Great Lash Mascara Blackest Black

2.9

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/29/2013 5:56:00 PM

I like this mascara. I do not find it clumpy and the wand is perfect. The packaging could be better-looking, but the quality is fine.

on 3/11/2013 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Overhyped and targeted I think for young teens and high schoolers. But for $1 more its much better to get L'Oreal or even a better Maybelline line choice.All it does is color lashes, which is fine, but then it dries out quick, melts in any warm weather, smudges with any amount of moisture, and ultimately It flakes, smudges, falls off for any length you build in a short period of time even under perfect conditions. Its heavily promoted so there is a misperception that its popular. But its just mediocre. Won't last in a full day at the office.

Update: Sep 2013
Still don't like it. I'm not against drugstore mascaras, but if you're going to do drugstore, may as well spend $1-$2 more and get L'Oreal Voluminous, Revlon, Maybelline Volume Express. Almay, E.L.F. anything but this that will do more than tint your lashes and smudge everywhere. #Aintnobodygottimeforthat

on 3/11/2013 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This is my HG mascara. I used to think the best products were the most expensive but after spending $25 on a Dior mascara that I hated, I realized my error. You aren't supposed to keep mascara for more than a few months so buying cheap makes sense. I like this mascara's simplicity, price, and result. It's never clumpy, I can replace it often without breaking the bank, and I can usually buy it in a pack of two. Love it.

on 3/10/2013 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Maybelline "Great Lash" was a clumpy, drying mascara for me.

I've tried many different mascaras (MAC, Estée Lauder, cover girl, revlon, Clinique, etched....) I ALWYS go back to this mascara. It's the perfect black, lengthens lashes, make them look so long and full. Only $4 and definitely beats the makeup counter brand mascaras at the mall. I've bought this again and again for years and will always! I took one lippie off b/c smudging can occurr if your not very careful.

on 2/24/2013 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to try mascara, so I got one for Christmas, and it was this one, I gave it a try and I absolutely loved it! If I splash water on my face with this one it doesn't smudge, or give me panda eyes! It's clump free and lengthening enough for every day! This is the BEST mascara EVER! I would definitely buy this again, and it's affordable!

I know, I know - beauty editors top pick, a classic, etc. But this stuff is pretty terrible. It smudges everywhere, goes on thick and goopy - clumping your lashes and leaving a great deal of mess in its wake. The wash-off formula doesn't wash off well, so you end up having to use some almond oil or makeup remover to deal with it. I have naturally long lashes (lucky, I know - too bad they are blond), but I think this stuff makes them look stumpy! The brush leaves much to be desired since there is a lot of space between the bristles.

Now, I wasn't using "blackest black" but I think I can safely say that all the colours are likely the same quality of texture. It is only a $1 CAN cheaper than some of the other drugstore brands - and I would take my money elsewhere. Even maybelline makes other great mascaras (I am liking "plush" - even though it is an ugly tube and "full n' soft" never fails). I basically used this for a week and threw it out.

on 2/16/2013 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

It's true, this stuff is the blackest black of all mascaras! I love that about it. However, it smudges very easily. And that's bad. :( I don't like the feel of waterproof mascaras, or I would just use the waterproof version. Does what it says if you don't mind raccoon eyes.

on 1/19/2013 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Why does this have such low reviews?! I LOVE this mascara, it's the best I've ever used--and I have used A LOT. This intensifies my lashes, makes them look super long and voluminous, without looking cakey, goopy, and thick. It doesn't clump, and goes on very smoothly. I highly recommend this product!

on 1/5/2013 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Is there a word stronger than hate? If so then I stronger than hate this mascara, all of the Great Lash versions.
Cons:
*Even the blackest black isn't very black
*Brush is terrible (makes my lashes look shorter!!)
*Ugly packaging (it's not vintage, it's just ugly)
Pros:
*Doesn't irritate my eyes
*Good for a daywear, work mascara (it's better than using nothing at all)
*Cheap as dirt
I pick this up now and then but hate it everytime. You never fail to disappoint me, Maybelline.

If my review helped you, click yes below!