Maybelline Great Lash Mascara Blackest Black

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/18/2013 6:17:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I would barely recommend this mascara to a middle schooler! Why in the world does this mascara have such a great reputation? At CVS this mascara has about 6 different versions in the Maybelline mascara section, which baffles me b/c Maybelline has incredible mascaras that are significantly better such as One-by-One, Falsies, and Define-a-Lash. I've used 3 different versions and didn't like any of them. It neither lengthened, separated, or volumized my lashes! Seriously, can I get at least one of these things?! Don't waste your $5!

on 4/18/2013 6:13:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

on 3/31/2013 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I don't speak too highly of this mascara, but I have found it to be a nice part of my natural look. On my lashes it doesn't clump and it darkens them nicely in just one coating. But I don't notice any difference in volume or length. To me, it is a simple mascara and isn't too fussy. It has a decent brush, but I must say I have taken scoop brushes from older mascaras and washed them to replace the Great Lash wand. If this product had a scoop brush it would do a lot better at lengthening. The formula is so so. It isn't one of my absolute favorites, but it was cheap and served its purpose well.

on 3/30/2013 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

While this mascara seems to work for some people, it doesn't work at all for me. This mascara has a wet formula that doesn't work at all with my short and thin Asian lashes. It doesn't hold a curl and it smudges really easily, especially if I tear up from a yawn. The only reason why I haven't thrown mine out yet is because it's okay as a base for a waterproof or tubing mascara.

on 3/29/2013 5:56:00 PM

I like this mascara. I do not find it clumpy and the wand is perfect. The packaging could be better-looking, but the quality is fine.

on 3/11/2013 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Overhyped and targeted I think for young teens and high schoolers. But for $1 more its much better to get L'Oreal or even a better Maybelline line choice.All it does is color lashes, which is fine, but then it dries out quick, melts in any warm weather, smudges with any amount of moisture, and ultimately It flakes, smudges, falls off for any length you build in a short period of time even under perfect conditions. Its heavily promoted so there is a misperception that its popular. But its just mediocre. Won't last in a full day at the office.

Update: Sep 2013
Still don't like it. I'm not against drugstore mascaras, but if you're going to do drugstore, may as well spend $1-$2 more and get L'Oreal Voluminous, Revlon, Maybelline Volume Express. Almay, E.L.F. anything but this that will do more than tint your lashes and smudge everywhere. #Aintnobodygottimeforthat

on 3/11/2013 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This is my HG mascara. I used to think the best products were the most expensive but after spending $25 on a Dior mascara that I hated, I realized my error. You aren't supposed to keep mascara for more than a few months so buying cheap makes sense. I like this mascara's simplicity, price, and result. It's never clumpy, I can replace it often without breaking the bank, and I can usually buy it in a pack of two. Love it.

on 3/10/2013 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Maybelline "Great Lash" was a clumpy, drying mascara for me.

I've tried many different mascaras (MAC, Estée Lauder, cover girl, revlon, Clinique, etched....) I ALWYS go back to this mascara. It's the perfect black, lengthens lashes, make them look so long and full. Only $4 and definitely beats the makeup counter brand mascaras at the mall. I've bought this again and again for years and will always! I took one lippie off b/c smudging can occurr if your not very careful.

on 2/24/2013 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to try mascara, so I got one for Christmas, and it was this one, I gave it a try and I absolutely loved it! If I splash water on my face with this one it doesn't smudge, or give me panda eyes! It's clump free and lengthening enough for every day! This is the BEST mascara EVER! I would definitely buy this again, and it's affordable!