January 28, 2015 | 1922 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overhyped and targeted I think for young teens and high schoolers. But for $1 more its much better to get L'Oreal or even a better Maybelline line choice.All it does is color lashes, which is fine, but then it dries out quick, melts in any warm weather, smudges with any amount of moisture, and ultimately It flakes, smudges, falls off for any length you build in a short period of time even under perfect conditions. Its heavily promoted so there is a misperception that its popular. But its just mediocre. Won't last in a full day at the office.

Update: Sep 2013
Still don't like it. I'm not against drugstore mascaras, but if you're going to do drugstore, may as well spend $1-$2 more and get L'Oreal Voluminous, Revlon, Maybelline Volume Express. Almay, E.L.F. anything but this that will do more than tint your lashes and smudge everywhere. #Aintnobodygottimeforthat

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by nanaknickers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my HG mascara. I used to think the best products were the most expensive but after spending $25 on a Dior mascara that I hated, I realized my error. You aren't supposed to keep mascara for more than a few months so buying cheap makes sense. I like this mascara's simplicity, price, and result. It's never clumpy, I can replace it often without breaking the bank, and I can usually buy it in a pack of two. Love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Megan725

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybelline "Great Lash" was a clumpy, drying mascara for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by AnnaBanana84

I've tried many different mascaras (MAC, Estée Lauder, cover girl, revlon, Clinique, etched....) I ALWYS go back to this mascara. It's the perfect black, lengthens lashes, make them look so long and full. Only $4 and definitely beats the makeup counter brand mascaras at the mall. I've bought this again and again for years and will always! I took one lippie off b/c smudging can occurr if your not very careful.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by myrarox123

I wanted to try mascara, so I got one for Christmas, and it was this one, I gave it a try and I absolutely loved it! If I splash water on my face with this one it doesn't smudge, or give me panda eyes! It's clump free and lengthening enough for every day! This is the BEST mascara EVER! I would definitely buy this again, and it's affordable!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by northerngal100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I know, I know - beauty editors top pick, a classic, etc. But this stuff is pretty terrible. It smudges everywhere, goes on thick and goopy - clumping your lashes and leaving a great deal of mess in its wake. The wash-off formula doesn't wash off well, so you end up having to use some almond oil or makeup remover to deal with it. I have naturally long lashes (lucky, I know - too bad they are blond), but I think this stuff makes them look stumpy! The brush leaves much to be desired since there is a lot of space between the bristles.

Now, I wasn't using "blackest black" but I think I can safely say that all the colours are likely the same quality of texture. It is only a $1 CAN cheaper than some of the other drugstore brands - and I would take my money elsewhere. Even maybelline makes other great mascaras (I am liking "plush" - even though it is an ugly tube and "full n' soft" never fails). I basically used this for a week and threw it out.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by trish7210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It's true, this stuff is the blackest black of all mascaras! I love that about it. However, it smudges very easily. And that's bad. :( I don't like the feel of waterproof mascaras, or I would just use the waterproof version. Does what it says if you don't mind raccoon eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaMRs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Why does this have such low reviews?! I LOVE this mascara, it's the best I've ever used--and I have used A LOT. This intensifies my lashes, makes them look super long and voluminous, without looking cakey, goopy, and thick. It doesn't clump, and goes on very smoothly. I highly recommend this product!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by SickSexFix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Is there a word stronger than hate? If so then I stronger than hate this mascara, all of the Great Lash versions.
Cons:
*Even the blackest black isn't very black
*Brush is terrible (makes my lashes look shorter!!)
*Ugly packaging (it's not vintage, it's just ugly)
Pros:
*Doesn't irritate my eyes
*Good for a daywear, work mascara (it's better than using nothing at all)
*Cheap as dirt
I pick this up now and then but hate it everytime. You never fail to disappoint me, Maybelline.

If my review helped you, click yes below!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by vwgreen

This is one of the only mascaras I'll bother with. I'm not a huge fan of the brush, but I can live with it. It's simple, cheap, effective and it works like a charm. I even like how the tube is green and pink! Be prepared to peel the little label sticker off though, cause it starts to come off within a week.