November 27, 2014 | 943 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Shine Free Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by djelayna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this powder for 3 years and I don't think I'll be switching to a different powder anytime soon! This product controls my oil for hours and has yet to break me out. I use it for school and normally find myself reapplying 2 times. I love this product and would recommend everyone to try it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by cuonbroadway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this a few weeks ago becaue it was on sale and I needed a pressed powder STAT. While this isn't the worst powder I've tried, it's certainly not as good as the CoverGirl pressed powder I used to use.

I have a really difficult time picking up this powder on any kind of brush. It just wants to stay right there in the pan. It comes up decently on the puff, but otherwise it's really difficult to use. It's actually pretty sheer, which was a little surprising. The case broke the first day I used it, with the plastic cracking at the hinges. That was really annoying.

The only thing that I think really works about this product is that it really controlled my shine like no other powder has. I'll still go back to my old powder, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 1:00:00 AM More reviews by christiina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this product is grossly under-rated on MUA!
I think this might be my HG pressed powder. It absorbs oil and shine immediately with just a swipe. It is very light so it doesn't feel at all cakey on your face or like you are blocking your pores or anything. And it does not give out any colour/make your face white/grey like a lot of other pressed powders do.

I have the medium colour for my NW20 skin. As soon as I use it, my face feels and looks cleared of grease.

I don't believe it can last the whole day, but it definitely lasts long enough for you to not feel as if you are always touching it up, perhaps about 4hrs or so.

The compact and mirror packaging is convenient and makes it easy to carry around with you. I find the puff it comes with sufficient enough to use - you can really press the powder on with it.

I don't usually give anything 5 lippies, but I have for this because I don't think I believe that there are better products for this purpose - "shine-free" - out there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Nickylily

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As others have written in their reviews, this is the best powder for beating shine, even compared to department store brands. I have tried Clinique, Benefit, Lancome, Stila. This beats them all. It keeps shine from coming thru for about 3-4 hours on my oily skin and also really sets my foundation, which normally slides of in about 2 hours without it. I wish it came in a more elegant container, maybe black or something silver toned, but this is still more than worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Madix3

This is definately my favorite oil control powder everrr!! It comes in a nice portable case, it comes with a good amount of product, and its not expensive at all! This powder sets my foundation perfectly and doesn't look cakey! It matches my skintone perfectly and it lasts longer than any powder I've used. It gives my face a nice matte finish for up to 4 hours! I highly recommend this product for people with oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2011 1:46:00 PM More reviews by ibakeuacookie

I think this is a holy grail item. I have tried countless pressed powders that I could take in a purse and touch up my t-zone with. I live in south Florida and its constantly hot and humid. I would look like a disco ball without this.This doesn't cake up, it isn't too sheer but it also doesn't deposit a large amount of color. I don't use it as an actual foundation in the morning. I use it to touch up during the day and its perfect for that. I have been using it for years. I have repurchased 3 or 4 times and would do it again in a heartbeat. I tried the new covergirl equivalent but that turns cakey. Its the perfect touch up pressed powder for everyday life.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by thebandit1984

This powder is great. It quickly gets rid of shine without getting cakey. It blends well and doesn't sink into fine lines or dry spots. If you are looking for heavy coverage, you will be disappointed, but if you just want some light coverage and grease absorption, this product is for you. I am rather fair-skinned but the medium shade, "soft cameo" blended very well without being too light, too dark, or too yellow.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2010 12:08:00 PM More reviews by BabyAdore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Its an okay product.. Definitely not the best but not worst either. My face started to become oily again after at least 2 hours. But the packaging is awesome except for the puff so I use Eco Tools to apply the powder. Would I re purchase it in the future? No, well maybe.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2010 5:42:00 AM More reviews by cocosea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really loike this powder! I keep it in my purse for touch ups or if i'm starting to "glow" in the wrong places :-p This product Leaves me looking perfectly matte and flawless and lasts about 6 hrs before it starts to fade a little. It doesn't stick to my dry spots, & the applicator it comes with is very nice, although I wish it were a little bigger! The mirror was an awesome bonus & the color really blended in nicely to my Superstay foundation :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2010 3:01:00 AM More reviews by Alaisify

So the packaging isn't the most attractive, but I like that it has a mirror for when you're on the go and I've always used the supplied puff for application. In terms of coverage, no, you're not going to get much, if any, out of it. However, it is very VERY good at removing shine. I have it in Natural Beige and it blends into my skin so perfectly you can barely tell I'm wearing any, except for the fact that my face gets very oily and sweaty in summer and this hides it beautifully. Its the first pressed powder I've bought and since I hate spending money on makeup (even DS prices make me cringe) nor do I use it regularly, this is great.