September 1, 2014 | 1883 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by acutepurplecar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's ok. I thought it would be better due to the hype around it. I feel it's mostly for pictures. It does help you look flawless in pics or on camera, but in person I feel it makes me look like I have make up caked on my face, and my usual make up is a more natural look. I like it. Just not for everyday.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by ascopes

I was so excited to purchase this product. I've seen many youtube videos that give rave reviews so I was very happy when it arrived in the mail. After I tried it, I was so disappointed. First off, it leaves a horrible yellow tint to my face but that wasn't even the worst thing about it - it made my skin super shiny and oily within a couple of hours. I am confused as to how a loose powder could do this but as soon as I stopped using it, the oiliness stopped. I am more than willing to swap this. Horrible product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by sophiedecay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff seriously is amazing I use it a tiny bit to set my makeup and honestly my makeup esp my t-zone barely got oily the whole day. looks good in photos and in person! definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by mackenzielovesmac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have always wanted to try this powder for under the eye concealer, and it doesn't really do the job all that well. I got the yellow color, and it looked awful on my skin since it is a pink undertone. I had heard that even though it is a yellow color, it will not leave a yellow film on the skin, which it does. I recommend getting the white color, for all skin colors . I hate the way you have to dump it out of the container. It does help if you add this before putting on eyeshadow to prevent fall out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- matte finish
- prevents creasing
- controls oil
- brightens face

CONS

- packaging
- powdery

COMMENTS: First thing I will say is when you get this...poke a couple of holes without removing the cover. This will prevent too much powder from leaving the bottle and waste less product. You can also cover some holes with tape. I don't find this to be that finely milled as others say. I find my NYX and ELF HD powders to be more finely milled, but it still doesn't settle into my fine lines and does prevent creasing. I would not recommend this for fair skin as it is very yellow (medium to dark skin tones only). If you do find the pigment too strong, then I recommend applying with a brush and buffing it in - the effect is much more subtle. The finish is very matte, which is fine...but it can also look very powdery. A little goes a long way, so try not to overdo it especially if you have dry skin. There's also some nice oil control here and I can see this lasting a pretty long time.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Anahata66

Thank goodness for Youtube. I saw this being used in a makeup tut. I use it to set the concelaer under my eyes, WOW! This is such a fine silky powder that I haven't seen a crease in the makeup yet! this literally leaves the area under my eyes flawless. I wish I had learned about it much sooner. I see that the banana color should be used by people with more of an olive color. I think if I were fair skinned I would try another color. The banana powder only refers to the color and was made huge by KKs maukeup artist. There are other colors, so give them a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by aleshoane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The sad fact of the matter is, this is a dry and chalky powder on my face. It doesn't control oil and it doesn't make me look better - and let's face it folks, if it doesn't make me look better, than it's a waste of money. The yellow tint effect is great - I just wish the powder was more fine milled than it is. I suppose this is the consequence of buying a loose powder as opposed to a pressed powders.

Plus side is that it's still usable to set undereye concealer. Overall, I think it's okay. Mario Dedivanovic obviously knows what he's doing on Kim K, but I muse that her skintype may work better with this powder - mine is dehydrated and oily, and I prefer a dewy finish overall.

This stuff lasts forever. I've had it for about 10 months and I'd estimate 4/5 to be left in the jar. So bang for your buck? Yes... IF it works for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by BassKitten808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I know everyone loves this but I honestly don't. I did really like it at first but as I started to wear it more, I began to realize it looked kind of bad. Compared to the majority of loose powders I've used, it's not as fine, it's got a bit more grit to it. I find it to be quite dry, almost chalky. Not good if you've got dry undereyes. I'm pretty tan (NC37-NC40 at the moment) and I feel as if it's a bit too yellow & not as brightening as I'd like. Maybe it's due to the fact I have a more neutral-warm undertone. But more then anything, I'm disappointed with the texture & finish of this powder. It makes anywhere I put it look more dry then it actually is. I can see this working better applied with a damp beauty blender-type sponge but as I've used it, I'm not really impressed. Perhaps it's the corn starch & rice starch ingredients that don't agree with me so I've found a powder without those 2 ingredients, Almay Smart Shade Loose Finishing Powder in Light & it works awesomely to brighten up certain areas of my face. It doesn't have the yellow tone that the Banana powder does, it's more skintoned & neutral so I think it works better for me. It's much more fine, smooth & silky in comparison yet has a nice tint that can be built up to brighten without feeling or looking dry & chalky. So all in all, not a fan of the Banana powder. I guess it's just one of those products that works for most people that doesn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Ajimenez531

I love this powder! I use it to set my undereye concealer and my t-zone it brightens up my face and controls oil. It is inexpensive and will last forever, I feel like I'm never going to run out. I have extremely sensitive skin and this has not caused my skin to breakout. I love it, I'd pay more for it, it is absolutely worth it.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Sherwithans

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a very pale girl but this works great for me because of my warm undertones & use of bronzer! If compliments my bronzer wonderfully as setting for under eye concealer. It is very yellow though, so I wouldn't recommend for fair skin cool tones or neutral for that matter.