November 23, 2014 | 1979 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 3:17:00 AM More reviews by Passmemyblush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After much searching and reviews on this "wonder powder" (ok ok I heard it was used on Kim Kardashian..omg how many times have I heard that?!!ohh you too lol)I ordered the small size in the shaker top.I apply it after using Mac F&B (I'm c4 in summer c3 winter)I don't always wear concealer the f&b evens me out for everyday back to the powder..I get a sponge and tip out some product on to back of my hand and dip sponge in powder then dab it under my eyes bridge of nose forehead and chin and I always put in the corners of eyes(not in) I leave it to seep into my skin for a few minutes then buff into with a big fluffy brush.The result is amazing I can't believe the difference it makes it just makes you look so clear and bright and makes you look flawless.I would say that I prime and moisturizer before F&B and after powder I do I light mist with avene thermal water..gives an amazing luminous finish.I want to get the pink powder next.I just want to add that although there is talc in this product it is so finely milled that for me it applys light and I fairly comfortable on the skin.The reason I gave it 2 lippies is because of the product design it's easy to waste the powder comes out fast and freely be careful!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by artistrybyebony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product.The packaging sucks like my grandmothers powder lol but whats inside is amazing.You get so much for the price and will take you forever to run out, and I'm a pro freelance makeup artist and use it everyday.Use it sparingly on darker skin NW-35 AND DARKER.But it is beautiful on all skin tones for the under eye area.Can look a little washed out in photographs so please place blend out well, and do not cake on !

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 6:11:00 AM More reviews by Mhrn10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

If kim kardashian's make up artist used it for years, then why wouldn't it be good enough for us? This is greaaaaaaaaat!!! I use this as one of my countouring weapon, the only thing that i hate is just the packaging :( sometimes i ended up wasting my product because of it. I wish ben nye's team would do something about it

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 7:11:00 AM More reviews by carmelitta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

After using up a 3g sample from ebay, I ordered the 85g straight away so I will never run out, lol. It really makes a difference when I set my under-eye area with this, opposed to just powdering it with translucent powder. I really don't now what it is about this powder but it really makes you look much better! I'm NC40 so I also use it as setting powder for highlighted areas (that's when I go out clubbing or just when getting dolled up) in generous amounts and it's gorg, no wonder why Kardashians use it, it really looks great and keeps heavier foundations perfectly in place. Not to mention the perfect price for such huge amount of product!

To those with pale skintones (which I love, it's so classy & elegant looking, btw I'm naturally white-pale myself, I just tan :)) I would recommend checking out the Cameo shade of this powder (which I also own in 45g), because Banana will definately come out too yellow on you girls. If you're not that pale, but more like fair-medium than porcelain pale, then Buff would work best, because again Banana may come out a bit too yellow-ish on you, hope this helps :)

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by nickstalovesyou

I've had this powder for about 5 months now. I only bought the 1.5oz of it. after 5 months with this product I have almost the full bottle still have barely used any of it at all and I do my makeup almost everyday. I use it as a setting powder on top of my under eye concealer. I use it around my nose, chin, and forehead basically all the places I want highlighted. it is a great powder for me because my undertones are very yellow. but I can say there are days when I might go a little to heavy with the powder and it will turn the concealer under it kind of a orange color which can be very annoying but other than that I give it 5 stars for the yellow girls.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Breena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is going to be an extremely detailed review.

This is perfect for anyone with yellow/warm undertones, unless if If your skin is extremely fair but you have yellow/warm undertones. This product will give you a very weird overly-yellow tinge to your skin. This goes the same for those who have a much darker complexion. If you come under these categories, then I do NOT recommend this product. Same to those who don't have yellow undertones.
However, there are other colours available which will suit your needs better, so don't give into the hype and buy this in banana, you'll literally kick yourself afterwards. I have way too many friends that did that, then were cursing themselves for following the crowd!

Any who, now that's out of the way.
I love this product, as both a setting powder, and a highlighter.
As a setting powder:
This powder is literally so fine that it settles into even the trickiest of places. It completely mattifies any oil slick that you may have or you may potentially have later. I don't even need to reapply this throughout the day, just the once and I'm good to go for however long I'm out for.

As a highlighter:
Using a slightly damp sponge, I use this as a powder highlighter and gently dab this onto my face in a V-shape on my cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose, and in an upside-down triangle shape on my forehead. I'm very careful not to blend it into my skin immediately but more to let it sit on my skin for around 15 minutes. (You can leave it for 5 and get the same effect, it just takes me 15 minutes to do my hair.) I then sweep it off with a fan brush and it leaves me with a brilliant natural looking highlight glow. I cannot emphasise this, I have never gotten such a finish with any powder or liquid highlighter before.

The only downside is the packaging. I find the lid to be horrendously small, so I resort to using an old bare minerals foundation lid to pour the powder into, then use my brush/sponge from out of there.

Otherwise, this is a MUST HAVE highlighter and setting powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I finally tried this, after years of hearing all the hype... and I LOVE IT! I was reluctant to replace my MAC Select Sheer Loose Powder but this stuff blows my old HG away. It sets my makeup without settling into lines or looking chalky. It just gives me a nice airbrushed glow! I love the color- I thought that it would be too light for my NC40-45 skin but it actually looks really nice. It just imparts a nice warm candlelit glow to my face. Somebody told me that I look like Jennifer Lopez today... I'm sold! Will continue to repurchase over and over!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Goddes5482

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin is very oily. I use this on my t-zone and under my eyes. This product literally mattifys my skin all day. The color works well for me because I have a slight yellow undertone to my skin. It comes in a range of colors so banana may not work well for every skin tone but I would def recommend this product, I find it to work as well as MUFE powder at less than half the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 3:17:00 AM More reviews by cassiealexa

One of thee best under eye concealer/under eye brightening setting powders I have ever used! I think its best for that Kim Kardashian bright under eye look, especially in photos. Its perfectly matte, gets rid of the shine completely, lasted all day for me with no touch ups. I was surprised because I have oily skin in my t zone and i thought over time i wiuld have to touch it up, but nope! Very satisfied. I got the .92 oz dome jar for $12 ($15 plus tax) on camerareadycosmetics dot com and the shipping was fast and easy! Even though .92 oz seems like nothing, its actually a lot, considering you dont need much. Of course the larger sizes would be more ideal if it was for stage work but mine is just for personal use, as I am not a drama makeup artist haha. Would definitely recommend :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by acutepurplecar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's ok. I thought it would be better due to the hype around it. I feel it's mostly for pictures. It does help you look flawless in pics or on camera, but in person I feel it makes me look like I have make up caked on my face, and my usual make up is a more natural look. I like it. Just not for everyday.