April 18, 2014 | 1839 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF45

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2012 2:14:00 AM More reviews by sophiedecay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like it said, lightweight and fast absorbing. I used it everyday as a teenager underneath powder. It looks a little chalky at first but it blends in nicely into skin.
It can be applied on face and body, put it in the bag on the go.
Great tube packaging, sanitary. For 3.0 FL OZ(88ml), the price is okay, nothing more than 15 bucks.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by JK701

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this all summer long and I loved it! It went on smoothly, absorbed well, didn't get the clownish white face, and I think it protected me from the sun.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by sienna2125

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Meh. I still use this & yesterday bought the spray SPF 55 version. I get this because it's easy to find & has a nice SPF level. I do love that it's non greasy.

I have two issues. First I can't use this on my face b/c it caused a cystic acne breakout. Second it's difficult to blend. I'm NC45 & If it don't spend extra time rubbing this in it leaves my skin with a grey cast. Walking dead look = not cute. I anticipate the spray version will be better in this regard but I learned my lesson & will not use the spray version anywhere near my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2011 8:48:00 PM More reviews by msitch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This sunscreen worked well - it prevented any redness or sunburn on my face. However, I immediately broke out in painful cystic pimples!
Bummer!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by ahmazingemilee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love the product, but I have reallyyy sensitive skin so it burns my face. Not sunburn, but a chemicalish feeling. I liked the Neutrogena Pure&Free Baby sunscreen. Both delivered amazing sun protection, but I liked the baby sunscreen more.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2011 4:31:00 AM More reviews by Elephantcow

I love this sun block, it's the best I've used. The best part is that it's not greasy at all and does not create a white cast when taking flash photography. Also this doesn't clog my pores at all. I tend to have an oily T-zone and this controls it fairly well. The only thing I might note is that if you tend to have dry or patchy skin you might not like this product. if you do have a dry patch it tends to emphasize it. Aside form this, I highly recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2011 11:03:00 AM More reviews by OneAndOnly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I used to LOVE this product, but they've recently changed the formula... it seems too strong and irritating now, and it also doesn't blend in very well. leaves me with white streaks and i just look pale. The new one has the black neutrogena label, while the old one is with the blue (as in the picture).
I really wish they didn't change the formula... I might switch to spf 30 since the medical ingredients in that are a bit lower.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by lightsout91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used the Ultra Sheer SPF 30 for a little while and absolutely loved everything about it, until I realized it wasn't photostable. :( There went my hopes of finally finding the perfect daily sunscreen!
So I went and purchased the SPF 45 which is photostable, and while I do like it it also isn't the best sunscreen I've used.
with the SPF 30 I could use the full 1/4 tsp needed for my face WITHOUT it getting greasy. With the SPF 45 I'll use 1/4 tsp and my face ends up feeling very heavy and slick. It does "mattify" itself after about 10 minutes but it's nowhere near as mattifying as the SPF 30, i still end up looking slightly greasy.
The sunscreen does tend to puddle around fine lines, i've noticed it when i apply under my eyes.
The biggest con, which isn't THAT big a deal but still annoying, is how much I have to rub it in. It is really streaky and patchy.
Other than some really minor cons, this is a good, solid sunscreen. Do I like using it? Not really. But it does the job!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by CamiChicken

This stuff really does what it claims, It has a dry touch, it doesn't feel greasy or oily.

I've veery oily skin !! I actually had acne a year a go, so I really wanted a sunblock like this one!! I'm very happy I gave it a try ;) !

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2011 8:30:00 AM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

update 5/2011 -- Downgraded this from 5 stars to 3 because it simply cannot hack a day at the pool. I don't burn very easily, and have never, ever gotten a sunburn on my face when I've remembered sunscreen (my nose gets pink from repeated, daily exposure, but the rest of my face is typically fine). 2 hours at the pool with 1 reapplication and I have an intolerably pink face. Great as a daily running around sunscreen, but I've used much better SS's for dedicated outside time, and none have been more than SPF 30. I'll use this up as a daily summer sunscreen, but will probably hold off on repurchasing on the off chance I can find something that works well both daily and when I'm out in the sun for prolonged periods.

I've been using this for several months as a regular, daily, out-and-about sunscreen, on top of my Origins Brighter By Nature SPF35 moisturizer. I live in the US southeast and, particularly in the summer, need a higher SPF, lest I go through the season with a perpetually red nose. The only other sunscreen I have ever been able to use, comfortably and without eventual greaseface, while going about my normal daily activities, was the Origins Out Smart. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch reminds me of Out Smart, only you get more product with a higher SPF for less money--and it's locally available. I love it. I will say that it does make my t-zone a weeeeeee bit shiny, but that's typically at the end of long day, and after getting innumerable hours of excellent wear out of it. It is slightly mattifying on my mostly normal (oily when aggrivated) skin, though not excessively so. It just has a really nice finish. So nice, in fact, that I usually don't bother with a tinted moisturizer when I use this, because although it (obviously) does nothing for redness, it just gives such a nice finish that I don't mind being a bit more pink than normal. I will say, however, that on the rare occasions I have used my TM, it wore normally--no pilling or sliding around. I generally don't like dedicated sunscreens because they almost always cause a pinchy, red reaction on my very sensitive skin. With this, there is no pinching, no redness, no excessive oiliness, no breakouts. And it just feels nice--like I've got nothing on my skin. I'll definitely repurchase.