December 17, 2014 | 1716 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Mango Body Butter

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Pumpk1npie

I am an absolute mango fanatic! It's one of my all time favourite scents! The scent of this body butter drew me in immediately, love at first sniff! It left me smelling amazing the whole day with a deeply moisturised feeling! However, I found this quite sticky, which was a shame, as I prefer body butters which glide on to the skin, rather than needed to be dragged. Also, when I wore this with a white top, I had to change my top before going out, as it had left huge orange streaks! However, I will be buying this again, I would do anything just to smell that good!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 4:52:00 AM More reviews by TeeCeeGee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this body butter. It says on the packaging that it's for very dry skin, so I don't use it all over my body. I just use it where my skin is the driest, which in my case, is my feet. I apply it to my feet every day or so. I rub it in and it just soaks into my dry skin and makes my feet feel smooth and very moisturized. I can use a regular lotion for the rest of my body but my feet and sometimes my elbows just love this body butter.

The only thing is that it doesn't soak into the skin completely very quickly, so there will be a period of time after you apply that your feel will feel a little greasy or oily, so you wont want to walk around applying. Maybe put some socks on. lol. Or if you use it on elbows or knees, you should be fine. But overall, great product. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 5:04:00 AM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't understand the hype over these body butters. I purchased a travel size of the mango body butter, as when I smelled it in the shop, it smelled like a nice, uplifting scent. The thing about these butters is that they are so greasy!!! It really does feel like slathering actual butter onto the skin, and it leaves a greasy residue that just doesn't go away. Yuck!! These butters are very rich and very greasy; this isn't something I'm looking for in a body cream, as I prefer a product to sink into skin after application and not sit on top of skin leaving a sticky, greasy residue all day. They do smell nice though!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by hodginsp

I got a buy 2 get 2 free deal for TBS, so I bought a 2 mini-sized body butters and got 2 lip butters free.
The scent is amazing, it isn't too sweet or strong; very subtle.
From reading lots of reviews, this stuff is supposed to be really good for dry skin. The weathers been turning my arms and legs into prunes so we'll see how good this body butter really is. I'll be editing this with updates throughout the week! So far, I really like this and I wouldn't mind repurchasing a full sized jar.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by MoiJo

The smell and the texture is fantastic. I would buy it again, but I have this huge tub, that i need to finish, I guess this lasts long as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by Saibachick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this body butter the best out of all The Body Shop body butters. It's just so nice for the winter as it's highly moisturizing and smells heavenly. The mango scent is just so nice in this product.

Pros-
1.) The smell. Just the smell. I'm a lover of mango smells though so if you are not you may not like it. But it smells exactly of the mango fruit, no artificial smell in my opinion.
2.) Extremely moisturizing. Definitely lasts 24 hours and even beyond for me.
3.) Non sticky. Just sinks in.
4.) The packaging is actually very sturdy and cute. You won't have to worry about dropping it and product going everywhere because it twists closed very well.
5.) Can actually last you a long time if you buy the jumbo which is only $5 more.

Cons-
1.) The price. I feel the price is unwarranted for this...it's not THAT good. But with The Body Shop's frequent sales you can get it for half price at times with their buy 3 get 3 sale and if you buy the jumbo you get a little more bang for your buck.
2.) If you are adverse to using parabens avoid this as it's in the ingredients list.
3.) Could be a little too moisturizing to non-dry skin types. I wouldn't recommend this at all for the summer. Too moisturizing.

Overall 3-1/2 out of 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by AlexisCarlin

I LOVE THIS! holy grail product for me, it smell's sooooo good like a soft mango/peach scent it is awesome! i use this at least once a day and i have a tub beside my bed and i carry one with me in my purse i love this body butter! this consistency is more like a cream, when you put it on you're skin it feels so amazing and it is for very dry skin which my skin is normal to dry in winter but this works wonderful at hydrating! in summer my skin is normal so i just put less on! it leaves my skin feeling super soft i have to let it soak in for little while before going out or putting on clothes just like all body butters because it has a lot of nice oils in it then you have delicious smelling skin! i have the big body butter, the mini travel body butter, and the shower gel and hand sanitizer i didn't purchase the body lotion just because i feel like the body lotion doesn't smell the same as the body butter it has a strong perfumy scent and it doesn't smell as light and fruity! so i avoided that one and stuck with the body butter and shower gel and i have the hand sanitizer when i need it! overall my favorite product ever! I REALLY LOVE THIS! and if you like light scents that aren't to over powering invest in this! it is Great and Gorgeous!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by liekieta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

I think the coconut butter is better for hydration of my dry skin. But this one is perfect during summer (or for people with less dry skin). It smells very nice, like most of the butters from TBS. It's not any more special than their other butters.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by mrinal96

I absolutely LOVE this product ! It's so moisturizing and my skin isn't exactly all flawless and soft so it works wonders :) and the smell ... BEAUTIFUL ! It has a really nice fresh, tropical scent of mango (: I would repurchase this a million times if I got the chance. It's amazing and I would recommend it to everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by nivealover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product last March with my birthday money, and it's now mid January, and not gone! And it's still good to use. The mango body scrub however has gone sour. I love this product because it gives an extra dose of moisture through our dry Canadian 2interstate. I love the smell but it's a little greasy to use in the summer, only on the feet do I use it then. I love tbs products, but sometimes, Esther can be a bit pricey. If you find yourself in there more than 1 every two months, it's worth it to get a love your body card. Great product, beautiful smell, but a little greasy even for my dry legs. Would definitely buy again.