April 17, 2014 | 1905 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Orb

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Hillsad10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Orb for other reasons than I have been reading, I am an NW20 for reference and I use orb as a color to start ALL my looks. The first thing I do is prime my lids and then reach for Orb and put it from my lid up to my brow. I do this because Orb matches my skin perfectly and being a satin, it has no shimmer but blends and goes on smooth. Also, I learned a theory that I find to be true, shadow blends easier over shadow. That is my basis behind Orb. I put it everywhere especially if I am doing a dark look where I know I will have dark colors to blend out at the end of my look. When I forget to use Orb I find myself having a much harder time to blend out colors because they stick so well to my primer (not an awful thing in terms of staying power). I also use orb as a highlight color when I do a very shimmery look or when I take a color too high up i dip my brush into orb and blend it away while covering it up too!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by danikcali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this as a highlight! I use it all the time. It works great with my skin tone and goes on like silk.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by kblack

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Orb is what I reach for when I'm running late and don't want to rummage through fifty-leven ES pots. If I start with Orb, I know I can throw on some Wedge (if it's a matte day), or some Tempting (if it's "a little shimmer is okay" day) and be fine. I am on my 3rd pot of Orb, if that tells you anything, and I am a neutrals junkie! When I'm having a day that I feel I've gone crepe-y, Orb just kind of floats over my lids with a pale, peachy natural glow that looks polished enough to show that I tried even if the clock was against me. Orb supports deep, colored E/L very nicely...some black on the waterline, some plum on the upper lid, and I feel like I can leave the house without scaring small children!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2010 1:53:00 PM More reviews by makeupbylaura1

ORB has been my HG highlight lately. It's just a pretty soft peachy pink color. This color brightenens my eyes, although to many this color can be boring it has many uses. You can apply all over lid with only liner or all over lid and make a smokey brown look or just as a highlight. It's just a gorgeous color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by xoxAllyxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

When the SA picked this one out for me I was a little wary of trying it out, but I'm glad I did! I wanted something a little more exciting than my everyday Blanc Type (not that Orb is particularly exciting). This brightens up my eyes with a slight sheen. I'd buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 2:28:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Good pigment amount. Somewhat creamy and soft texture that's easy to blend cause it's a "satin." The wearing power was fine. Pinky beige highlight with no shimmer. MAC calls it "Soft Peachy-Beige."

CONS: For me, personally (I'm N15, leaning toward NC), this is a little too pink for a highlight. Reminds me of an old lady's compact powder, but maybe it's good for someone who isn't as pale or "neutral" as I am. Probably better a cool-toned person.

ALTERNATES: I prefer "Blanc Type because it's not as pink.

******This looks a lot lighter and somewhat pinker than this pic. shows, IMO.******

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Daantje3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this. Depending on my look is use either this or brule as a highlightcolour (this is more pink, brule more yellow). Also pretty as a lidcolour for neutrallooks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Orb was the first MAC eyeshadow I ever purchased (along with Quarry). It is a very nice light, slightly peachy-pink skin toned shade on me, which is why I bought it. It's almost like a powder form of Painterly. I will often use it on its own, just with some liner, to make myself look more awake and fresh without looking like I've actually done anything or applied any makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 10:25:00 PM More reviews by pinchopeach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

if you're debating between blanc type and orb, orb is "warmer." it's not as harsh looking as blanc type, which looks a bit chalky on me.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by glowww333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wonderful eyeshadow, I love it! since vanilla doesn't really work for me, neither does naked lunch. This one has quite a bit of peach, which looked too dark in the store but ended up being just perfect!