MAC Satin - Orb

4.4

on 8/15/2011 8:23:00 PM

NW20 - this doesn't really show up on my skin tone, so I'm going to exchange it for something lighter to use on the brow bone.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love Orb! This is one of my staple eyeshadows, and if MAC ever discontinued it I would be devestated! I use Orb over Bare Study paint pot as a base. I use it as an all over wash of colour to the lid, and it really helps to create a canvas to work on. The colour compliments my NC15 skin great, and it can also be used as a highlighter. The finish is quite matte, with minimal shimmer or glitter so it appears very natural. It makes eyes appear more awake and works with many looks. The colour is a peachy cream colour, which is beautiful. I love this eyeshadow!

on 6/15/2011 7:21:00 AM

This is my most used colour in my collection - I can use this one the go to even out my skin tone on my eyelids (just one swipe with the 227), but mostly I tend to use this before (after a primer) I use other shades (as application and blending is so easy). It makes application of other colours better and less patchy. It's closely matched to my actual skin colour so thats probably why I love it so much - but I still think it would look good on a range of skin tones!

on 5/5/2011 1:47:00 PM

My favorite highlight by MAC. I define my brows with Brun and highlight with Orb and it looks amazing and clean together. Perfect combo.

on 3/13/2011 5:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is not my exact skintone match, that would be Brule.
I'm NC25, and I love this for a skintone but better! sort of look. It is a muted peachy pinker sort of chalky shade that comes out just perfectly on my eyes.

I love this for an extremely subtle highlight, or even in the inner corners. It does a simple extra touch to dramatic smokier eyes that are already shimmery/metallic, and with those sort of looks, you don't want a shimmery highlight either.

I find myself reaching for this very often for a reason I don't quite know. I like this all over the lid, mixed with every other look. This is a staple in my quad! When I don't have it in my quad, I'm wishing it was in there :-)

on 3/8/2011 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love Orb for other reasons than I have been reading, I am an NW20 for reference and I use orb as a color to start ALL my looks. The first thing I do is prime my lids and then reach for Orb and put it from my lid up to my brow. I do this because Orb matches my skin perfectly and being a satin, it has no shimmer but blends and goes on smooth. Also, I learned a theory that I find to be true, shadow blends easier over shadow. That is my basis behind Orb. I put it everywhere especially if I am doing a dark look where I know I will have dark colors to blend out at the end of my look. When I forget to use Orb I find myself having a much harder time to blend out colors because they stick so well to my primer (not an awful thing in terms of staying power). I also use orb as a highlight color when I do a very shimmery look or when I take a color too high up i dip my brush into orb and blend it away while covering it up too!

on 11/3/2010 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this as a highlight! I use it all the time. It works great with my skin tone and goes on like silk.

on 10/22/2010 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Orb is what I reach for when I'm running late and don't want to rummage through fifty-leven ES pots. If I start with Orb, I know I can throw on some Wedge (if it's a matte day), or some Tempting (if it's "a little shimmer is okay" day) and be fine. I am on my 3rd pot of Orb, if that tells you anything, and I am a neutrals junkie! When I'm having a day that I feel I've gone crepe-y, Orb just kind of floats over my lids with a pale, peachy natural glow that looks polished enough to show that I tried even if the clock was against me. Orb supports deep, colored E/L very nicely...some black on the waterline, some plum on the upper lid, and I feel like I can leave the house without scaring small children!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

ORB has been my HG highlight lately. It's just a pretty soft peachy pink color. This color brightenens my eyes, although to many this color can be boring it has many uses. You can apply all over lid with only liner or all over lid and make a smokey brown look or just as a highlight. It's just a gorgeous color.

on 10/22/2010 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

When the SA picked this one out for me I was a little wary of trying it out, but I'm glad I did! I wanted something a little more exciting than my everyday Blanc Type (not that Orb is particularly exciting). This brightens up my eyes with a slight sheen. I'd buy it again.