MAC Satin - Brun

4.5

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is one of my favorite eyeshadows, hands down. It's a matte cool-toned blackened brown. It's not a unique shade, but it IS very versatile. I use this everyday for my eyebrows as every single eyebrow product I try is either too light, too red, or, more often than not, both. I do have black eyebrows, but you should never use black products on black eyebrows! This eyeshadow is cool-toned, so that's what makes it match my eyebrows.
I also use Brun as an outer lid shade as well. I can apply it lightly for a more neutral look, pack it on for a dramatic look, or apply it with the MAC 219 brush for a sultry smoky eye (this is my go-to shade for the classic dark brown smokey eye). It's a little bit more difficult to apply it lightly, since it's such a pigmented eyeshadow, but it's definitely possible.
The texture is very smooth--not chalky at all!
Would I repurchase? Yes.

I find it very hard to work with this e/s. I love the color. It's close to my hair/eye color and complements me very well, especially if i wear something brown also. If I want to wear it as a lid color I need to use a soft pearly slightly lighter brown/taupe underneath (like the taupe I have in the NYX smokey eye palette) otherwise I can't blend it. I've give up using it as a crease color and I'm very upset about it. It would be awesome with Omega for example,but they just don't blend well together. It ends up a muddy mess. My Ulta Gold dust works better for that, though it's not matte and not as dark. I would not buy it again but maybe look for a better quality Inglot one.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I'm sure this colour would look great on if I could actually get it onto my brush. It seems like I have to work too hard to get any colour pay off with this and practically have to dig the colour out.

The only thing you could actually use this for is brows as the colour is fantastic for black eyebrows and the stiff eyebrow brush helps get some product out.

I really love the colour but MAC need to work on the formula for this one.

I love this color. It is so versatile. You can use it for a smokey eye when you really don't it to look harsh (as with black eyeshadow) or use a fluffy blending brush for just hint of color. I love the fact that it's a satin finish and not matte because it gives it great dimention. It's also a good value for what you pay because it isn't TOO expensive and they last you years.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I use this as a brow color everyday !! I have black hair and this isn't too dark or too light ..perfect :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Perfect brow colour for me - I have dyed black hair and feel like co-ordinating eyebrows would be a bit too much for my fair complexion. This is dark enough to fit with my hair but not too dark that it looks stark against my skin.

Also a perfect crease colour, blended out with wedge & swept under the eye, with shroom or vanilla on the lid and some winged liner is my go to neutral eye.

Would purchase again and again!

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Try tro find "the perfect" Brown eyeshadow. There are a million shades of brown moving in the cool and warm directions. Brun is the most perfect Brown eyeshabow there is, PERIOD. It has no red or orange in it. It's not so cool as to appear ashey or greyed (which is an achievement in itself.) It's as matte as can be. It makes a perfect eyeliner shade w/the proper brush. ONCE AGAIN WE HAVE A MAC "CLASSIC" here also w/a "cult" following. This IS A must have for a makeup artist or regular person, period. If you have black you must also have brown. A beautiful brown shadow if ever there was one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I'm an NC35-40 (depending on the seasons) and I LOVE this for my brows. It's the perfect brown for me, not too red & not too ashy. Even when I want a strong brow, I can get away with it looking "natural" and not too overdone. Is a definite staple in my makeup bag :)

i use it as an eyeliner and its great, works amazing for smokey eyes cause its really easy to blend, i think its the best brown that ive tried from all of MACs browns. very versatile, wont crease or fade, amazing product!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is such a gorgeous, versatile color. I use this to fill in my brows, in my crease or in my lower lash line. Color us a dark brown with a dark gray undertone to it. Consistency is buttery and blendablr (unlike mac's espresso eyeshadow). This is must have in any black haired girl's palette. Def would repurchase! :)

Top Rated MAC Products