MAC Satin - Brun

4.5

I love this color. It is so versatile. You can use it for a smokey eye when you really don't it to look harsh (as with black eyeshadow) or use a fluffy blending brush for just hint of color. I love the fact that it's a satin finish and not matte because it gives it great dimention. It's also a good value for what you pay because it isn't TOO expensive and they last you years.

on 5/24/2012 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I use this as a brow color everyday !! I have black hair and this isn't too dark or too light ..perfect :)

on 5/19/2012 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Perfect brow colour for me - I have dyed black hair and feel like co-ordinating eyebrows would be a bit too much for my fair complexion. This is dark enough to fit with my hair but not too dark that it looks stark against my skin.

Also a perfect crease colour, blended out with wedge & swept under the eye, with shroom or vanilla on the lid and some winged liner is my go to neutral eye.

Would purchase again and again!

on 4/21/2012 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Try tro find "the perfect" Brown eyeshadow. There are a million shades of brown moving in the cool and warm directions. Brun is the most perfect Brown eyeshabow there is, PERIOD. It has no red or orange in it. It's not so cool as to appear ashey or greyed (which is an achievement in itself.) It's as matte as can be. It makes a perfect eyeliner shade w/the proper brush. ONCE AGAIN WE HAVE A MAC "CLASSIC" here also w/a "cult" following. This IS A must have for a makeup artist or regular person, period. If you have black you must also have brown. A beautiful brown shadow if ever there was one.

on 4/9/2012 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I'm an NC35-40 (depending on the seasons) and I LOVE this for my brows. It's the perfect brown for me, not too red & not too ashy. Even when I want a strong brow, I can get away with it looking "natural" and not too overdone. Is a definite staple in my makeup bag :)

on 4/2/2012 5:17:00 PM

i use it as an eyeliner and its great, works amazing for smokey eyes cause its really easy to blend, i think its the best brown that ive tried from all of MACs browns. very versatile, wont crease or fade, amazing product!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is such a gorgeous, versatile color. I use this to fill in my brows, in my crease or in my lower lash line. Color us a dark brown with a dark gray undertone to it. Consistency is buttery and blendablr (unlike mac's espresso eyeshadow). This is must have in any black haired girl's palette. Def would repurchase! :)

on 3/12/2012 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is my go to product. my skin tone is an NC35 in winter (maybe a couple of shades darker depending on my outdoor activities) and this is a perfect eye liner/eyebrow/crease colour for me depending on what look i'm going for. there is a slight amount of fallout but nothing that can't be handles with a little powder on the cheek.
perfect. And i love Matte.. so.

on 2/14/2012 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Me; Asian w yellow undertones, nc30, dk brown hair w blonde or caramel highlights. Brun is perfect for brows when I have darker hair. When I have blonde highlights, I prefer Mac charcoal brown for brows.

on 2/14/2012 10:37:00 PM

Great color to fill in your brows and a natural lid accent!