August 20, 2014 | 2027 users online

Liquid - MAC - Select SPF 15 Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by nataliacp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My first issue with this foundation is that the coverage is very light. My biggest problem with this foundation, however, is how it tends to turn very orange. My shade is NC20 and it made me look almost oompa-loompa like. So for a very light coverage and horrible yellow-orange tint, this foundation is not worth the price at all. Many drug store foundations easily beat this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2012 5:37:00 AM More reviews by ameliavickery

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was drawn to this product because it is water based and I have slightly oily skin so I thought this might help - in a way, it does help skin like mine because it doesn't ever feel like I've 'caked' it on and it is nice and light. I was a bit unimpressed at first with the coverage. I don't really have too many prominent facial blemishes but I do like to look perfect when I wear an expensive foundation! I was at first applying it with a foundation brush from The Body Shop but I felt that this made it streaky, as did using my fingers. I am now using the MAC 188 duo fibre brush and with this you can easily build up the product to the desired density and you do get really good coverage. I don't think it's very good value for money but I suppose for the spring and summer it might be good as it is light and it feels weightless on your face. I've also noticed that it can look a bit orange which is not what I ever look for in a foundation. I was matched up to NC40 so I suppose that with the more 'tan' shades you can get a bit of an orange tint. I may repurchase this product for the summer but it's unlikely.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by PinkGrapefruit14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was not enough coverage for me and it felt identical to Revlon C/S. Why spend 25+ dollars on foundation when you can get the same thing for only 10 bucks? As I've said in my other foundation reviews, I am in LOVE with MAC Matchmaster foundation--for that I will fork up money, but not for this. I can see this working well on someone with less to hide, but again, if you don't have that much to hide, go for something cheaper!! You can get away with it. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by josette

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been on a mission to try out all the MAC foundations to see which is my favorite.
This one I won't be purchasing again. On my combination skin, it really dried me out and made wrinkles appear that I never noticed before. Plus my nose was still shiny. So it was a double dissatisfaction for me.
The coverage is medium. I wear NC25 and that was true with this product as well.
My fave MAC foundation so far is Studio Sculpt.
My search continues.....

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by moosue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow, I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet. I've had it for about a year now. At first I liked it okay, but the more I used it the more I realized that it was oxidizing to orange on my face as the day went on (I'm really pale and use NW15, which is okay when it's first applied but far too dark/orange after an hour or so). Not only that, it's staying power is crap.
Picture this if you will: dry forehead, dry patches on cheeks, oily chin/nose area. I guess you'd call it combination skin. A good foundation would balance this and even it out. Not this one, no sirree. It clung to dry patches and clumped up around them until I looked like a leper (this was with moisturizer applied too) and my nose/chin/parts of my cheeks were so shiny it was crazy. The product melts off of oily areas and highlights pores whilst also pointing out dry bits. To add insult to injury, it also turns you an alarming shade of orangey yellow. It's like a nightmare foundation.
I've tried applying it with a damp Beautyblender sponge, a 187 duo fibre brush, and with my fingers, and none of them makes it look any better. I hate to let the rest of this product go to waste, so I may just have to use it on days when I don't plan on leaving the house for long.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 3:43:00 AM More reviews by chabbycheeks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

MAC has the best range of colors, in my opinion. NC25 is a perfect match for me in this foundation. It makes my skin look smoother and plumper. I think this has one of the lightest coverage in MAC. It looks so natural, as if I have naturally smooth and clear skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2011 4:07:00 AM More reviews by ssoopphhi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am 14 years old and I have very oily skin, if you are a teenager with oily skin, DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.

I am a MAC lover. I think that ALL of their products are amazing, however this foundation is shocking. I have very oily skin that is prone to pimples, not acne, but quite a few pimples. This foundation would only make me break out even more so and the foundation would wear off in 2-3 hours, sometimes even less. The product made my face feel greasy and it would crack all over my face, especially my chin and forehead. The foundation showed dry areas on my face that I didn't even know I had. Apart from this I felt as though the foundation had a slight orange tinge to it, and definitely didn't give me a natural, glowing complexion. This foundation is an extreme let down, as all of their other products are brilliant. Foundation is meant to give me confidence and better looking, natural, healthy skin, this product did the complete opposite. I regret purchasing this foundation, and have used it under 10 times. My bottle is still pretty much full and I am not one to waste cosmetics or money, but this is so bad I will no longer use it and am willing to through $49 down the drain. Please consider all foundation companies before buying this foundation, if your skin is like mine you will regret it. Thanks gals!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by goldchocobo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wish I read these reviews first.

I bought this with high hopes. I like their concealers and thought I would buy a foundation from them too. I should not have. I feel this product is partially responsible for my awful breakout in the end of November. I feel horribly ripped off.

Pros:
- Great coverage
- Matches my skin tone decently
- Packaged in a durable pump bottle

Cons:
- BREAKOUTS!

I just dont think my face likes this at all. So sad.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by agomez10

I loved this product! Nice coverage!! Didn't break me out... Great staying power even without a primer!!! Would buy again:D wish it had a pump!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by saskiajessie

I bought this product, and at first was in love with it. It provides good coverage, without being to heavy and I think that this is good for everyday use. However, I have dry skin, particularly around my nose and forehead and within a few days, I noticed how drying the foundation was for me. I was finding that it made my dryest areas flakey and patchy. Even after intense moisturising I find this is unpleasant, however I believe for combination/oily skin, this would be a good product.