Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Enhancer

4.1

Mineral oil, polybutene, diethylhexl succinnate, polyethylene, quaternium, dextrin palmitate, honey, simmondsia chinesis (jojoba) seed oil, tocopherol, beeswax, butylene glycol, cholestebedrol, lecithin, talc, triethyhexanoin, methylparaben, fragrance. May contain: iron oxides, mica, titanium dioxide.

on 12/28/2013 11:30:00 AM

Not sure about this one. For the price I honestly don't think it's worth it. From one of the few times I've wanted to use it it clinged to any dry patches i had and didn't cover well enough for me and I don't really expect THAT much. this just really didn't cut it. I'm so so so annoyed I bought this! There is much better out there!

on 12/22/2013 7:20:00 AM

I had read so many good reviews about this product but unfortunately it hasn't worked for me. I think it's possibly one of the worst products I have ever used. It smells awful and the smell seems to linger. It doesn't cover my hyper pigmentation or acne very well. It clings to any dry patches and seems to "highlight" my blemishes rather than conceal them! Try before you buy- don't be like me!

on 12/14/2013 3:20:00 AM

I have combination fair skin. I bought it in shade number sx 03, even though i am too fair for most of the foundations. Gossmakeup artist told it was an amazing product, but when i bought it, i was disapointed. It was too thick to work with, too dry. I read some posts, and started to mix with a huge amount of a moisturizer ( Neutrogena Helthy Defense daily moisturizer spf 50). Then i dab it with a fingertips on the centre of the fase, to cover red vains and undereye darkness. This way it works amazing! I am not telling about the economy of the product. It's coverege power level can't beat the price! The pot is nice and elegant, and the smell is really "expencive", like Shiseido's Benefician's eye cream.

on 12/6/2013 11:05:00 PM

I love this product as a concealer. As an older woman, my skin looks best with a liquid foundation. Rimmel or L'oreal. I use #7 and 11, blending with my fingers. #11 for a big melasma which is so hard to mask. Kevyn researched Geisha makeup, as he was intrigued with the smooth flawless look. I would buy again. It lasts forever, so I may not outlive the pots of concealer.

on 10/12/2013 9:40:00 AM

Excellent product, but probably wouldn't re-purchase. It's everything you want in a concealer (why is what I use it for); a little pot of creamy, pigmented product that covers flaws instantly. I have SX05 and I'm a MAC NC20. I love the product, however I find that I don't really reach for it as much as my other concealers - purely due to laziness and having to scoop out the product from the pot takes about 15 seconds longer than using, say a little doe-foot applicator on the back of my hand. Otherwise, I'd totally recommend if you are looking for a highly pigmented, compact cream to use as a concealer or foundation pigment.

on 10/11/2013 1:15:00 PM

This foundation is fab If you know how to work it!!. I've had it for quite a few months and never used it but it's only recently I fished it back out and tried it again. Firstly I would say use a rich moisturiser and don't let it soak into the skin. I then dab Nars tinted moisturiser in blobs onto my skin (after primer). I get my sigma f80 brush an dip slightly into the pot then blend and buff onto my skin over the t.m. If I need extra coverage i get a small amount onto my finger and tap onto the skin and the warmth of my fingers melts it into the skin. Fab finish and perfect coverage!!! :)

on 9/22/2013 1:11:00 PM

I am a medium to fair asian who is apparently not as yellow as you would think. I use sx06. I tap the product with a fingertip and tap the colour onto moisturised skin while it's still "sticky". Excellent coverage of redness. Very good as a concealer but I deduct a star here as it doesn't cover circles 100%. I'd say it was 70%. It certainly lasts a day in the office and doesn't change colour or cake.
Very pigmented, wears well, lots of colours.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

A staple in my makeup artist and personal kit. On myself I use this to spot conceal my acne and it works amazingly well. On clients, I've used this in every possible way, from a full coverage tattoo concealer to a more sheered down version to make a tinted moisturizer. On a recent editorial I've mixed no.16 with moisturizer to make the gorgeous black model's skin look like butter.
It takes a while to get used to the thickness, but once you've mastered it, it will become your best friend. I've had mine for more than a year and haven't even used 1/3 of the pot. I also love that the pots are super tiny and lightweight, they fit perfectly in my kit.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This feels terrible and fake as an all-over foundation but works wonderfully as a spot concealer. It's very dry, dull and insanely pigmented, which is perfect for spot concealing.

on 8/13/2013 10:44:00 PM

I just wanted to write a review to comment about shades. I ordered SX03 and SX05. I'm NW15-20....so fair with pink/cool undertones. These shades are neutral and lighter than I expected based on what I saw online. SX03 cuts out the redness in my face but because its a touch too light and too beige - it gives me a sallow appearance. Its not awful, but I don't think its a great match. SX05 is much better.

This product is thick and highly pigmented so it gives amazing coverage. I find it really hard to spread so I'm trying out different products to mix it with to help it blend out on my face. So far my Laura Mercier illuminating tinted moisturizer is working okay. I don't love this but I'm still figuring it out I guess.

Edit: I have returned this product. I couldn't get it to spread and blend well on my skin. too cakey

Top Rated Kevyn Aucoin Products