The Body Shop Honey & Oat Scrub Mask

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: Water, Oat (Avena Sativa) Bran, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Kaolin, Honey, Glyceryl Stearate, Butylene Glycol, PEG-100 Stearate, Myristyl Myristate, Behenyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Sodium Lactate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenoxyethanol, Hectorite, Sodium PCA, Fragrance, Saccharide Isomerate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Caramel.

on 2/20/2011 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

One of my favorite masks of all time. I m on my probably 5th tub. Will continue to buy this till body shop discontinues it. The oat particles are very soft so cant actually get the scrubing effect from the mask. After taking a hot shower I scrub my face with a good exfoliator rinse pat dry and smear the mask on my face. Leave for 10 to 15 mins. Before rinsing I wet my hands and work around in circular motions just because I like the effect of it.. The mask leaves my skin polished radiant and plump. Love it love it..

on 2/7/2011 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

i wanted to like this item, but honestly, it seems just OK. the oat bits are pretty soft, not too abrasive but doesn't really do its job of exfoliation either. Therefore, it's kind of just there. I know many people like the smell but to me, its a bit musty. In terms of moisture... i have a personal dilemma with moisture masks in general. That is... i usually feel like i haven't washed off the mask "enough" if my face still feels slippery. (due to my long time worry of breakouts) yet... in terms of a moisture mask.. i never know when "enough" is enough. And so for this product, I still tend to wash "too much off" so my face is still dry afterwards. Then I have to apply moisturizer.. etc etc etc. But it doesn't break me out however, so that is good :)

on 1/29/2011 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am a big fan of Body Shop, but this scrub (?) mask did not impress me at all.

First off, this is not suitable for normal skin or skin that is prone even in the slightest to zits or blemishes.. Though the pack says normal and dry skin, this moisturizing mask should be used only on dry skin. A person having normal skin (like me) should stay away else it will make your skin give in to zits, white heads etc.

Second, this is most certainly not a scrub. So if that is what you are looking for, then this is not it. BS, you got it wrong with this mask :(

on 12/15/2010 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I didn't like this as much as the other reviewers, I barely ever use it because I don't like how it stings, it irritates my eyes and I really don't find it that moisturizing. I agree with the other reviewers that its not really exfoliating. I have really dry skin and I like Burt's Bees Citrus Facial Scrub soooooo much better than this. Its natural oil base is much richer and leaves my skin super moisturized, and that really does exfoliate, and it has better ingredients than The Body Shop one. And it smells like gingerbread instead of cold oatmeal... unimpressed Body Shop, unimpressed.

on 11/20/2010 7:29:00 AM

Its a moisturizing mask for me. I have normal/ dry skin coz of the winter. I try every mask that says moisturizing and calming. This mask left my face soft and moisturize without dry patches on my cheeks. The redness on my cheeks has gone away coz of argan oil but need really heavy moisturizer to recover from dryness. i felt a slight tingling sensation while having this on during the 10 minutes. As i cleans the mask of, my skin is supple and glowing... Try this mask before they discontinue...

on 9/13/2010 4:49:00 AM

It is my absolute favourite mask. My skin is dry and when I apply it I get the best sensation. It is is kind of cool on the skin and it feels like my skin is having a long satisfying drink of water. I absolutely love it! It is also very soothing for sensitive skin, as my skin normally burns with other masks. The scrubbing particles are too soft to scrub properly so don't buy it for that, but if you have normal to dry skin that is thirsty then buy this! My skin glows after this mask.

I wish it was cheaper as you do end up using quite a lot even with a thin layer because the oat particles take up quite a bit of space. I have no choice but repurchase because my skin loves this!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a very nice, no-frills mask! I know they market it as a scrub, but I just don't see how it could really be one, unless you're using gobs of product. I love the smell (kind of like sweetened oatmeal more than honey) and the feel of it on my skin. There is a slight stinging/astringent tingle when you first apply, but it doesn't last. I use it twice a week after cleansing with my MAC Cleanse-Off oil. I find it makes my skin look fresher and livelier, but it's nothing extraordinary. If I ran out, I would probably repurchase because it is SO hard to find things that don't irritate my skin!

i bought this during sales, buy 2 masks, and get $25 off! so i bought this and the blue corn mask.

it can't be a scrub, cuz the 'grains' are too soft, but i love the effect! i left it on my face for only 5 mins, and then rinse it off... and tada! my skin looks so supple!

will probably get it again when there's sales...

a friend used to be able to get TBS stuff at 50% off retail price, not anymore though :s

on 4/13/2010 4:00:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

The oat pieces are too soft for this to work as a scrub, but the effects are still very good. It makes me look refreshed and my skin soft. Upon application, my face tingles or stings a little, but not in a painful way and I actually find it to be soothing. The smell is really nice too. It's not a miracle worker, but it really does give my skin a good boost and with regular use (for me, twice a week) my skin does look very healthy. This is definitely one of the few Body Shop products that work... I'm happy to have tried this despite all the useless stuff I bought in the past.

on 1/18/2010 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is one of the few products from The Body Shop that has ever impressed me. Although calling it a scrub is a bit of a stretch, it's very calming and moisturizing as a mask. The scrubby bits are oat pieces, and they are too large and there are too few of them to really exfoliate well, so don't expect this product to perform as a scrub. As a moisture mask, however, this product performs very well: my skin is always very soft and glowy after use, no matter how dry, flaky, or irritated it was before I used the mask. It does help control redness and irritation, even to the extent of making any blemishes look less red and inflamed. Your skin will feel and look very good after using this, especially if, like me, your skin gets dry in winter. It smells amazing too. Does have a tendency to make my skin a little itchy for the last few minutes of use, however, so those with sensitive skin should be wary.

Popular Masks