November 24, 2014 | 1654 users online

Masks - The Body Shop - Honey & Oat Scrub Mask

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by carolthomas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am a big fan of Body Shop, but this scrub (?) mask did not impress me at all.

First off, this is not suitable for normal skin or skin that is prone even in the slightest to zits or blemishes.. Though the pack says normal and dry skin, this moisturizing mask should be used only on dry skin. A person having normal skin (like me) should stay away else it will make your skin give in to zits, white heads etc.

Second, this is most certainly not a scrub. So if that is what you are looking for, then this is not it. BS, you got it wrong with this mask :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by kirstabelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I didn't like this as much as the other reviewers, I barely ever use it because I don't like how it stings, it irritates my eyes and I really don't find it that moisturizing. I agree with the other reviewers that its not really exfoliating. I have really dry skin and I like Burt's Bees Citrus Facial Scrub soooooo much better than this. Its natural oil base is much richer and leaves my skin super moisturized, and that really does exfoliate, and it has better ingredients than The Body Shop one. And it smells like gingerbread instead of cold oatmeal... unimpressed Body Shop, unimpressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 7:29:00 AM More reviews by syasya83

Its a moisturizing mask for me. I have normal/ dry skin coz of the winter. I try every mask that says moisturizing and calming. This mask left my face soft and moisturize without dry patches on my cheeks. The redness on my cheeks has gone away coz of argan oil but need really heavy moisturizer to recover from dryness. i felt a slight tingling sensation while having this on during the 10 minutes. As i cleans the mask of, my skin is supple and glowing... Try this mask before they discontinue...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2010 4:49:00 AM More reviews by iramasson

It is my absolute favourite mask. My skin is dry and when I apply it I get the best sensation. It is is kind of cool on the skin and it feels like my skin is having a long satisfying drink of water. I absolutely love it! It is also very soothing for sensitive skin, as my skin normally burns with other masks. The scrubbing particles are too soft to scrub properly so don't buy it for that, but if you have normal to dry skin that is thirsty then buy this! My skin glows after this mask.

I wish it was cheaper as you do end up using quite a lot even with a thin layer because the oat particles take up quite a bit of space. I have no choice but repurchase because my skin loves this!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by lovelyxfugitive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very nice, no-frills mask! I know they market it as a scrub, but I just don't see how it could really be one, unless you're using gobs of product. I love the smell (kind of like sweetened oatmeal more than honey) and the feel of it on my skin. There is a slight stinging/astringent tingle when you first apply, but it doesn't last. I use it twice a week after cleansing with my MAC Cleanse-Off oil. I find it makes my skin look fresher and livelier, but it's nothing extraordinary. If I ran out, I would probably repurchase because it is SO hard to find things that don't irritate my skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2010 8:56:00 AM More reviews by baileysmilk84

i bought this during sales, buy 2 masks, and get $25 off! so i bought this and the blue corn mask.

it can't be a scrub, cuz the 'grains' are too soft, but i love the effect! i left it on my face for only 5 mins, and then rinse it off... and tada! my skin looks so supple!

will probably get it again when there's sales...

a friend used to be able to get TBS stuff at 50% off retail price, not anymore though :s

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2010 4:00:00 AM More reviews by curlystraw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The oat pieces are too soft for this to work as a scrub, but the effects are still very good. It makes me look refreshed and my skin soft. Upon application, my face tingles or stings a little, but not in a painful way and I actually find it to be soothing. The smell is really nice too. It's not a miracle worker, but it really does give my skin a good boost and with regular use (for me, twice a week) my skin does look very healthy. This is definitely one of the few Body Shop products that work... I'm happy to have tried this despite all the useless stuff I bought in the past.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2010 12:57:00 PM More reviews by kawright

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of the few products from The Body Shop that has ever impressed me. Although calling it a scrub is a bit of a stretch, it's very calming and moisturizing as a mask. The scrubby bits are oat pieces, and they are too large and there are too few of them to really exfoliate well, so don't expect this product to perform as a scrub. As a moisture mask, however, this product performs very well: my skin is always very soft and glowy after use, no matter how dry, flaky, or irritated it was before I used the mask. It does help control redness and irritation, even to the extent of making any blemishes look less red and inflamed. Your skin will feel and look very good after using this, especially if, like me, your skin gets dry in winter. It smells amazing too. Does have a tendency to make my skin a little itchy for the last few minutes of use, however, so those with sensitive skin should be wary.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 10:18:00 PM More reviews by gobearson3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is great for my skin in the winter! I usually use a gentle scrub and then slap a layer of this on while I'm in the shower...it locks in moisture for my combination skin without making me greasy, and it smells super yummy, too. Since the tub sort of sucks (I hate having to deal with tubs in the shower) I put it in a small travel bottle so it is easier to use. I use it a few times a week. While it was a bit pricey (always wait for skincare sales!!!) it will last a long time, since you only need a little.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by strawpearies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Every girl should own this! I used to have bumps and acnes on my forehead & after using this weekly after steaming my face, the acnes would reduce significantly. The result last for about a week or so..but i have been using it every week for the past 1 year. I love how it controls the oil on my face and give a smooth touch after washing it off. But do apply toner & moisturizer after that to keep your face clean & glowy. Overall, a great product for my dry & sensitive skin. The quantity can last for a loooongg time as well! Been using it for a year weekly/bi-weekly...and i still have lots left =)