April 19, 2014 | 919 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Wedge

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by mynismo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I absolutley love this colour, similar to kid, but with a slightly less pink tone. Really want to love the eyshadow but I seem to have to work so hard to get anything out of the pan. When I actually do this is my one of my favorite colours. I don't don't have the time or the patience everyday to do that.

Hoping it was just a bad batch, but I won't be buying again to find out. Kid is similar but a Matte2 and much easier to work with. Can't seem to throw away wedge, but just finished telling it how much I hate it and I wish it would work like my others.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this as a crease colour as recommended to by an SA that worked there, but its very light for me. I really had to pack it on just to show up. I swapped this away and I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

I can see why there is such a hype about this product! It's a matte, medium-toned, warm brown shade that really reminds me of caramel. I wouldn't call this a "dark" shade at all, it's one of the lightest browns I own. The formula is GREAT, very pigmented and blendable! On my NC25 skin, I like to use it at my crease for a natural, subtle look. It's not dark enough to really give me a defined "outer v", but it will give me some contouring without being too obvious.

I think this is a great color for everyone who has light to medium skin. Even if you're cool-toned, I'd give this color a try because it's just so pretty and versatile! It may not show up on dark skin.

NOTE: A close dupe of this is the medium, matte shade in the WnW Vanity palette (the one with lots of nude and brown shades).

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by MyCuppaTea

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a lovely, matte color that I turn to often. It's the perfect brown shade for my NW20 skin. For day to day wear, I usually apply the Painterly Paint Pot on my eyelid all the way up to my eyebrow. I then use Naked Lunch on my lid and then Wedge in the crease. This creates a nice, neutral look for daytime. Sometimes I highlight the inner corners and browbone with the browbone color from Wet n Wild's Walking On Eggshells palette. Quick, easy, and lovely on just about anyone. Unfortunately, MAC's shadow prices are a bit high, so I probably won't repurchase. Especially since I've found some great dupes in Wet n Wild and a few other brands. Still, this is a lovely eyeshadow and will probably last me forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 5:18:00 AM More reviews by Sraahz1

I think this is a really great eyeshadow, it is a really basic color and you can build it up to as dark as you want. It goes with every eye color. Although it is pricy I would definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by luna2012

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love wedge. its one of my top 3 eyeshadows. perfect for a subtle day look. you can create a beautiful and easy light "smokey" brown look - perfect for day time, or you can use it as a crease color and combine it with many other eyeshadows (some of them : brule, bisque, naked lunch etc - for a subtle day time look)
also, wedge is a "dupe" of cork - though its lighter. (you can use wedge on the lid and cork on the crease or outer v for a brownish look)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by keekz

I use this as contour for my nose and it works wonders. For reference, I am extremley pale (I belong in Twilight) and it looks pretty natural on me, especially if I use the right brush with it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I highly recommend this for those who are both lighter than NC/NW35 and beginners to contouring. It's a subtle taupe (like the color of light dusty dirt that accumulates outside during spring - thankfully it doesn't look like exactly that on my face) color that will contour both the crease and face. Won't be too noticeable at all. Neutral undertone, suitable for NCs and NWs and in-betweens.

For those looking for more intense contouring shades, however, this will be too light. I tried this when I was an NC/NW20 and when I fake-tanned up to NW30. Even when I was lighter, it took me a good 3 or 4 swipes or more to get the intensity of noticeable contouring that I want. As I got darker, it still showed up but obviously not as intense.

I'm a hard core contour freak, so I just use this on areas where I need only subtle contour, such as my nose and hollows of cheeks. It's not dark enough to make a difference to conceal my double chin or on my hooded eye lids for which I try to create serious depth. I do use it, however, as a blending color for my eye crease (I use a darker brown as the actual crease line).

Not bad as a an all round contour color, though. I would choose this first if I couldn't have any other bronzers or contour colors.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by janetbustamante

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this wedge eyeshadow!! I always use it to contour my cheeks, nose and temples. People say emote and wedge are just the same. Well I am between nw20 and nc25 and this looks very natural in my skin color.
Definitely i would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by aykhan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great crease, shading and subtle neutral for me. I get really good wearability from this eyeshadow too.