MAC Matte - Wedge

4.5

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl SStearoyl Stearate, Isotearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Gycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Silica, Mica, Titamium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramearines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI19140)]

on 1/30/2013 4:10:00 PM

I'm on the fence on this one. It pulls warm on me but it is a good transition colour even though I don't feel like I need it. I bought this years ago and its the only MAC matte brown I have so meh. I picked up oreals cuppa joe and the play up wedge when I use it as a lid colour so I guess I can't complain.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Oh Wedge, you're the only MAC eyeshadow I regret buying.
I'm never sure if it's fair to review a product that looks awful on me but would look good on someone else. Irregardless, I'm putting in my two cents.
Wedge is a matte medium tan. Yes, it looks boring in the pan, but is just one of those colors that's essential to every make up collection. Except for mine.
This is just too orange on me. Not to mention muddy. And chalky. I shudder just thinking of the look of this on my eyes. Not cute.
Sorry buddy, looks like you're going back to the store. Maybe you'll work out for someone else...

on 1/25/2013 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Wedge looks so boring and plain, but it’s a very indispensable shade to me because I use it to diffuse and blend out harsh lines on my lids up to the brow bone. These types of colours for this purpose are called ‘transitional shades’, and every girl should have at least one in her collection. It’s a matte neutral undertoned brown, very similar to Urban Decay’s ‘Naked’ and I use every single day with whatever eye shadows I’m wearing because it completely eradicates harsh lines and creates a seamless look.

on 12/18/2012 7:48:00 AM

Wedge. Matte mid-tone brown. On the warm side.
I really like this one. Perfect for crease and beyond areas. Great for "warming up" cool looks. A very nice natural looking eyeshadow on it's own. I love to grey it up with a bit of copperplate plus ricepaper on the lid. Classy clean look.

on 12/11/2012 10:21:00 PM

A great, subtle color on my light tan Asian NC30 lids. As a monolid / creaseless eyed lady, this shade is that perfect natural slightly warm taupe for slight contour on the outer edges of my eyes to add depth. I already had Cork so was doubtful when the MUA suggested this shade too, but it is cooler and less brown and actually quite different. It is great to add a little drama to neutral eye looks! I will use this a lot.

on 11/28/2012 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I was looking for soft brown by MAC but my MAC counter was sold out of it so I asked the MUA there what would be a good alternative until I can come back and buy it and she suggested this. Now it's not as dark as I wanted but this is a really great shadow for neutral looks and to blur out harsh edges. It's also a great day time contour shadow it's very subtle and blends beautifully. This is a great light brown colour that would go great with lighter to medium skin tones. I will definitely buy this again if I ever run out, which I don't think I will because you don't even need to use that much to get it to show up.

on 10/17/2012 6:26:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

This is a beautiful color that compliments my blue eyes without being too taupe. Great for blending and complimenting other warm shadows. I enjoy it for neutral looks alot, and it can double as a contouring powder in a pinch. It definitely has a warmth to it that Groundwork paint pot does not have, it swings more pink than that shade. But both are great subtle crease and transition colors.

on 10/3/2012 6:05:00 PM

Perfect contouring shade for NC20 skin. Looks very natural and it's hard to overdo.
I don't use it as an eyeshadow, only sometimes lightly in the crease.
Wish it came blush sized.

on 9/10/2012 11:33:00 AM

My favourite of the MAC shadows I own! This is everything I want in a shadow- warm, natural, soft, easy to blend...its perfect! I use this with ORB. I use it on my crease and it becomes a wonderful, warm look! Especially with a shadow like Orb, which is peachy but not exactly warm. It is a perfect colour for fall!

on 8/24/2012 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I absolutley love this colour, similar to kid, but with a slightly less pink tone. Really want to love the eyshadow but I seem to have to work so hard to get anything out of the pan. When I actually do this is my one of my favorite colours. I don't don't have the time or the patience everyday to do that.

Hoping it was just a bad batch, but I won't be buying again to find out. Kid is similar but a Matte2 and much easier to work with. Can't seem to throw away wedge, but just finished telling it how much I hate it and I wish it would work like my others.

Video Reviews & Tutorials