December 19, 2014 | 1664 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Tuscany Per Donna

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2006 7:20:00 AM More reviews by lorenbarton000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first wore this fragrance when I was 20 years old so, 13 years ago now. I just cannot believe it was ever discontinued from leading department stores, you can still get it occasionally on line and in the odd perfume shop. It is such an elegant oriental woody fragrance, it explores notes of mandarin, rose, jasmine, honeysuckle and ylang ylang, it always had that similarity to me of Samsara, however, I do like Tuscany better. It's the perfect winter/night fragrance - very classy and close to the skin .....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2006 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Tammy166

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oooh, this is pretty!
It opens with an old fashioned (or "classic") mellow aldehyde that reminds you of Joy, Nahema, Chanel No. 5, etc. But then minutes later, you'd get a sweet bouquet of woods, resin, and something sweet that rounds the whole blend out. There's even a hint of smoke, but it's not a smoky scent! It's more like a note that reminds one of smoke. It smells so...classic Italian. The perfume makes me think of classic ultra-glam Gianni Versace fashion from back in the day (ok, the 80s and 90s. Lol). Ooooh.

Wearing Tuscany Per Donna makes me want to watch "Dallas" and "Dynasty," or get into a catfight with another woman and proceed to slap with my mink stole.

Hahaha.

Definitely FBW.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2006 4:59:00 PM More reviews by PR_girl1

This was my signature perfume in college. It was warm and sensual but not too old-ladyish. I got compliments from men and women alike...men seemed particularly seduced by it.
I miss this fragrance, and think I need to buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2006 7:11:00 PM More reviews by carinasfashion

I was first introduced to Tuscany when I was 18 (12 years ago), I've been using it eversince on and off. One of the most classical fragrances I've owned. It's great in autumn and winter, very soft, woody, sexy perfum. After all these years I suddenly got fed up with it, but for my luck my mother adores it, so I'll give it to her, and who knows maybe someday I'll purchase it again. Timeless classic.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2006 9:53:00 PM More reviews by amichiganfan

Delicious fragrance; I'm addicted to it right now! I discovered it passing by an EL counter at Macy's and just picked it up and was completely wowed. You know how when you test a fragrance for the first time and you usually think, "hmm, that's quite nice" but aren't blown away? That's what I expect most of the time (occasionally, of course, you hit a stinker that leaves your eyes crossed)- - something nice but not noteworthy. This one just grabbed me instantly, which was really cool. The only disappointing thing about it is that it's probably not a big seller for EL, as they don't offer any complimentary products. I'd scoop up bath gels and body lotions in this fragrance, but there are none to be found- - it's just the scent, available in two sizes. And while this fragrance had me hooked immediately, I can see how it would be somewhat polarizing because it is sweeter than most.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2005 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Mamota

Similar to Samsara. I think TPD is a little more on the floral side and less spicy than S. There's a soapy note in this that goes sour on my skin. I'm not a fan of the spice mix in this scent, either.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2005 5:57:00 AM More reviews by astrix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Simply perfect... I cannot imagine my life without my "signature scent".

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2004 8:54:00 AM More reviews by estesmcc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I heard this scent described as warm and spicy, I very much wanted to like it. Unfortunately, it just didn't like me.

I got a little bit of the spice when I tried Tuscany, but mostly I got vanilla and something else that was *very* sweet. The spice tried valiantly to fight back, but was overpowered by the vanilla giant in this one. The whole time I wore Tuscany, it gave me a bad headache - not to mention the looks I got from other people. I guess the candied sweetness was just too much.

The lesson here? Be sure to try this one on paper before spritzing yourself. Some may end up smelling warm and spicy, but this scent certainly makes some of us smell as though we've been sentenced to be Hell's taffymaker. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2004 1:08:00 PM More reviews by happygirl1

This was the first perfume that my mom bought for me (My aunt had bought me Tresor). I wore this on special occasions, and although I can't remember exactly what it smelled like, but I'm sure if I got a whiff of it, I'd know. I think it was a floral, spicy, oriental. Nothing I'd wear today, I don't think.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2004 5:59:00 PM More reviews by jljames4

This is a great wintertime perfume. The scent really lingers on your clothes. A slight musk note makes it very sexy! My husband loves it.