Hard Candy nail polish

3.4

on 8/2/2005 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have this one in a "mini" sized from a swap. I forget the color, but it's clear with multi glitter. NOTE TO SELF...DO NOT LAYER OVER POLISH! I thought if I wore a nice deep pink color polish and add this as a top coat it would give just a nice little coat of multi glitter (which it did). HOWEVER being in a mini it was ALMOST like Elmers Glue! I had to shake the bottle to PRAY that the inside contents hit the brush! I've used it once before and I felt it just turned to "gel" in the bottle! TO TOP IT OFF the nice pink color turned PURPLE! I had deep pink polish with round misc. spots of purple (which looked like purple marker) and glitter. I wouldn't do that again! $7.00 a bottle? Best to stick with Creative Nail or OPI or Nicole.

I'm torn about these nailpolishes. I think they are so cute (and they aren't that expensive imo). I love the packaging. I like the tiny bottles. But these chip like mad when I'm waitressing. They aren't as bad with a good top coat though. And for regular use when I'm not serving they are awesome. I love Jailbait, PussyCat, and Sky the most.

on 6/15/2005 2:53:00 PM

I like Hard Candy nail polishes. They have cool colors and the polish dries fast and doesn't chip too quickly. The price is the only thing I don't like as much. They cost as much as Opi for bottles half the size :(

This polish doesn't last as long as others after a recent reformulation. It was due to removing a chemical that is a known carcinogen Phtalates. It was health concious of the company, but affected the performance. If you follow it with OPI topcoat, it lasts longer.

on 3/15/2005 3:25:00 PM

This chipped on 4 different fingers within hours of application. Not good for a polish.

on 1/21/2005 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hard Candy polishes come in some really good colors, but the quality of the polish itself is atrocious. I just put some on last night & it's already chipping on several fingers. I didn't put ot on too thick either, I only used 2 coats. This stuff really does chip ridiculously fast, for $9 a bottle I shouldn't have to redo my nails every other day!

I love Sky, but I can make that color with Wet 'n' Wild white polish & food coloring, and it lasts a hell of a lot longer. And I found an exact replica of my favorite pink shade of theirs in a $2 brand at WalMart, so I don't think I'll buy again!

on 1/13/2005 9:15:00 AM

I am such a pink nail varnish addict, so I bought 'EGO'(reduced from an internet site). It's a sheer bright bubblegum pink with pink glitter bits in it. It looks fab on but because it is so sheer (quite watery) it took a lot of coats and I really had to load up my brush to get the look I wanted. It has retained it's shine and sparkle. I would buy this again however I don't think I will need to as there is so much in the bottle!

on 11/15/2004 4:46:00 PM

their colors are pretty cute but they chip off too fast.

on 9/12/2004 12:08:00 AM

I dont really like these nail polishes.. they dont blend well and there is not a variety of colors.. NICOLE is better because it blends better and lasts longer.

on 7/20/2004 8:55:00 PM

I love Hard Candy nailpolish! The colors are always so pretty and they are easy to apply because it doesn't clump. My favorite color is piglet. It's a pearly peach color.

Hard Candy nailpolish is expensive, but it's definatly worth it.

Popular Polishes