MAC Matte - Diva

4.4

Octyldodecanol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Silica, Tricaprylyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Isononyl Isononanoate, Paraffin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Vanillin, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Stearyl Steaoyl Stearate, [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 21 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005)]

on 8/6/2014 12:54:00 PM

Beautiful, burgundy colour perfect for winter/autumn as many others have said. It definitely needs a lip liner otherwise it looks a little messy (but maybe that's application haha) My only issue is that it's slightly drying on my lips but I suppose that's the sacrifice you make with matte lip products.

on 7/9/2014 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my signature lipstick! it makes me feel so confident. great formula and color and it suits my dark hair and pale-olive complexion so well. I would trade in like 90% of my lipsticks for a lifetimes supply of this shade. I know it will be a staple for me for many years to come.

on 7/6/2014 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is the perfect dark red colour for autumn and winter and I absolutely LOVE it!!! I find it hard to wear any other time of year but it is definitely a must buy! I love the matte-ish formula but it definitely needs a lipliner, please don't wear it without lipliner people or else it will bleed outside of your lipline...I hate that! It is slightly warm toned so I feel like it makes my teeth look slightly yellow compared with cool toned reds however, I still love this lipstick and will be wearing it throughout autumn and winter this year!

on 6/13/2014 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Diva- macs intense, sultry lipstick! On me it's a very dark red while on my friend who is bit fairer it looks like a burgundy colour. I love the matte finish, makes it look more sophisticated, the colour is a show stopper! People look twice at you because like I mentioned it's very sultry. Perfect for fall due to its darkness but I love wearing it in summer as well. I can only wear diva if my outfit is dark so generally black tops and dresses. Looks great with leather too! I could never stop repurchasing this! If you want to try vampy colours but you're afraid to try diva first. It's dark but not like cyber or smoked purple. Diva may be compatible to colours like media and hangup but I don't see much resemblance on me.

on 6/8/2014 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

LOVE Diva! For ages, I was wearing Russian Red. I began to think it was red enough, but not deep enough. I didn't want something more purple, or more brown. Just darker! Diva is just that! Smooth, no feathering, no crusty garbage, sinks in nicely.

on 6/4/2014 8:49:00 PM

I went to MAC yesterday looking for fall colors and I ended up buying Diva and Rebel. I'm in love. I've been wearing Diva since I tried it on in the store. It's the perfect vampy red, it's matte so lip balm is a must, but overall it's those purchases I certainly do not regret. Maybe HG, I'll have to come back to you on that one!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Diva is a beautiful, rich, "Oxblood" color. I went into MAC specifically asking for a fall color, winter color and one that I could wear during the holidays. The MAC MUA gave me Diva to try on and I loved it. The reason why I took one lippie off was because it does fall into the little lines on my lips. I know it matte, but i just feel its more noticeable. Either way, I will still be repurchasing this color (:

on 5/24/2014 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is my everyday red during colder temps. This past winter I rediscovered an old frost color I had sitting around, O, and started wearing them together for a beautiful deep red with an ombré finish. I get compliments all the time!

on 5/24/2014 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This colour is perfect for a medium skin colour, I can pull this dark colour off for everyday wear without it looking over the top! It is a matte wear but I love it regardless!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

My only, my favorite "red". More burgundy with berry undertones, I rarely wear this full on, even though it's gorgeous full on, and sexy, and vampy. Day to day though, I wear it blotted on and sheered out with a burgundy lip liner for a full, just bitten, berry-stained look. The look is so beautiful and perfect for any time of the year, for any occasion, and most make up, although lately, I've been going super minimal on my eyes (just mascara and maybe falsies if I'm in the mood, no liner or shadow).

Matte formula. I love MAC's mattes, we get along so well, but some may find it drying. My tube is years old (I've only just rediscovered it) and I'm finding that the actual bullet can go dry and feel chalky from time to time, I'm not sure if a newer tube would feel the same (I should get a newer tube), but my other MAC mattes have never had this problem. I rarely use this lipstick without some sort of balm and find that this easily fixes the dryness issue.

Lasting power is average for a matte lipstick, a few hours maybe, when worn sheerly. The more vampy/darkly I apply it, the higher the upkeep.

VGIII is similar, but more brown-toned, whereas I'd classify Diva as more berry-toned.

nw15-20, hazel green eyes and dark blonde/light brown hair, mid-thirties.

Recommended for Medium Skin