October 25, 2014 | 1637 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Diva

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 3:25:00 AM More reviews by solong2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This color is amazing. I pair it with the MAC lipliner in Nightmoth and it turns into this gorgeous plum/burgundy vampy look that is perfect for the fall and winter. I receive so many compliments when I wear it. It is kind of hard to apply if you're a beginner at lipsticks, though. Use a light and steady hand!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 4:45:00 PM More reviews by drawkcabackward

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is probably one of my favorite lipsticks in my collection--and I own a lot.

In my opinion, this is my favorite vampy, fall color. My skin undertones are very yellow/olive and deep, wine shades have always looked the best on me. I imagine this would look good on most skin tones. I was expecting the lipstick to be a bit dry when I first purchased it, but to my surprise, it wasn't that dry. Just make sure that you moisturize your lips before (I just use plain old Chapstick) you apply it. When you first apply the lipstick, it feels a little bit dry but when you continue applying it, it gets a little more easier to apply. It doesn't look that matte when you first put it on but once a few minutes passes, it's definitely matte.

Someone once told me that Wet n Wild's Cherry Bomb (from their Megalast lipstick line) was a dupe for MAC's Diva, so I went out to go buy that one since it only retails for around $1.99. With that price (and coupons or deals that Wet n Wild always has like 40% off or BOGO) I decided to give it a try because that price definitely beats MAC's lipstick price. However, although the color is quite similar, there was one big difference. The Wet n Wild lipstick bled like CRAZY which MAC's Diva never does. Especially if you're planning to use that lipstick for all day use.

However, if you want to save money on lipstick and you don't plan to eat/drink with the Wet n Wild lipstick, then I suggest buying it considering you can get it for around two dollars, if not less. It is a little drying, so make sure to moisturize and see if lipliner prevents any bleeding.

For me, I'll always go back to MAC's Diva. Beautiful shade, beautiful pigmentation, and amazing staying power.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Diva is a nice wine shade. I don't care for it since it applies unevenly and blotchy. It takes me longer to get out the door since I have to make it look presentable. Not a repurchase for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was convinced that I would like this lipstick since I saw it on many skin tones and I thought it would flatter me also. So I headed to my local MAC counter and I was wrong. Luckily, I had a really sweet MA assisting me and she suggested Media. That shade works much better my skin tone. I will not purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by zanak

I went into Mac wanting to get "A girl about town" and when I saw that it was too creamy and it didn't fully cover my lips and I tried "diva" and I LOVED how it looked on me. It's a very sophisticated color. I haven't put it on yet but for New Year's Eve this baby will be open!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

I do not suit deep berry tones, so do not ask me what I was thinking when I got this lipstick! I have both a cool and slightly warm tone to my skin and I can do pretty much any shade of pink and I can do regular reds like UD's Theodora but I really can't do beautiful berry shades like Diva. It is a fabulous lipstick, I will not do it down, its a deep, velvet red with purple and I got it from my friend simply because I was being a vampire for Halloween and wanted deep red lipstick for that. And it did look perfect, its completely matte and it lasts forever, through all the drink and food consumption you like, I think I reapplied once a few hours in. It can be a little drying though if, like me, you already suffer with dry lips. Overall though, if you love berry tones and can pull them off, then you will love Diva. I however, cannot do it, and would not get it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by ohmissmorgue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got Diva (as well as a few other MAC products) for Christmas this year and oh my, I LOVE this lipstick. I found out about this shade because a friend of mine met Marilyn Manson and he told her he was wearing Diva and I thought "wow that's a damn pretty color, I have to have it" and now I've been wearing it every day since Christmas morning. It's completely matte, but on my lips it looks like a sort of velvet finish. It's not too drying, it's not particularly moisturizing at all just like every other matte MAC lipstick. It lasts fairly long, too. Yesterday I wore it for about 13 hours through eating, drinking, etc. and it stayed very well. Before the MAC lipsticks I got for Christmas, I had one other and I've had it for over a year and about half of the bullet is still there even though I've worn it at least 3 times a week since I got it. it's 15 dollars in America (I don't know if the price changes anywhere else) which isn't too bad for a lipstick of this quality. It's worth every penny of it and I would certainly purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had MAC Diva in my arsenal for a couple years but never wore it because I've always done nude lipsticks. Lately though, I've been on a quest to shake up my routine & step outside my usual daily face.

Enter MAC Diva... Oh my. I can't believe I haven't been wearing this all along!! On my NC40 skin tone, this is the most beautiful shade of deep brick red. Perfect for a sultry lip without being too goth. Despite being a matte lipstick, it's surprisingly not drying at all. Richly pigmented & wears for hours. I pair it with Current or Vino lipliner. Absolutely gorgeous.. This is one I'll definitely be wearing often!! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

UGH YES. Been looking for the right texture/opacity/shade burgundy red lipstick since October and bought this out of recommendation from MUAs on this board :) I LOVE it. The perfect shade of red for any time! It's the right shade of darkness so that it's not too dark like a dark cherry but not bright red either and looks really elegant and beautiful! I also love that its matte and the texture and staying power is ridiculous. Fantastic.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by April71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wore this today & got soooo many compliments! I was actually surprised bc it's been awhile since I've worn something that wasn't neutral. I will def be wearing this again. Great fall/winter color....