Lancome Cils Booster XL

Aqua/Water/Eau, Oryza Sativa Cera/Rice Bran Wax, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire D'abeille, Stearic Acid, Candelilla Cera/Candelilla Wax/Cire De Candelilla, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylparaben, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Simethicone, Rayon, Polyquaternium-10, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polycaprolactone.

on 12/1/2013 8:49:00 PM

got a sample of this with purchase and it doesn't hold a curl and mediocre on lengthening effect.

on 10/30/2013 2:55:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

HG status for sure. I first tried Cils Booster XL in the sample sized version I got as a Sephora perks gift. It was my first time using a mascara primer, and the sales rep assured me it was a great product that would help plump up my lashes and them look better overall, while protecting against the drying/damaging effects of mascara. She was absolutely right. I like this so much, I bought the full sized tube once I ran out.

Cils Booster XL applies smoothly and evenly, provided you don't have an excessive amount on the wand. I let it dry for about 10-15 seconds, then apply mascara. Any mascara I use ends up looking more done up and glam, yet polished. This minimizes clumps and makes lashes look more fanned out and plumped. I already have long lashes, but like that this provides added length and volume (my lashes are long and dark, but not too thick). I usually use Essence Get Big Lashes mascara (available at Ulta).

I must say I already have long eyelashes that have been made longer and healthier by two factors: a) I hardly ever wear mascara-- only for special occasions or when I feel like it, and b) I remove eye makeup with jojoba oil, and even dab a bit on my lash line at night even when I haven't worn any eye makeup. Both have made my lashes healthier, longer and stronger. BUT, I can't go without Cils Booster on days/nights when I do wear mascara. When my lashes were not quite as full, this still helped fill them out and make them look more lush and retro glam. Now that my lashes are long and full on their own, I still like using this to make them look "vavoom." This is a must-have product for eye makeup loving gals and guys, whose lashes can never look too perfect. With Cils Booster, you will get added length and volume, without looking overdone. If you're looking for a great mascara primer, look no further.

on 10/10/2013 1:40:00 AM

This is my desert-island makeup. (Ok, the mascara, too.)

I went from having skimpy blonde lashes that resembled those on a baby hamster to big ol' doll lashes. And no weird fiber clumps like on the drugstore versions. (I have tried them all, hoping to save 20 bucks, but they're just not worth it!)

With this and Definicils I can hike, sleep, cry a little, and all stays put. I pretty much won't go out of the house without this now. Sad but true. Blink, blink...

Wow this is by far one of those "best beauty products of the decade". I got it as a sample initially, and now i cant remember the last time i've been this happy with a product. Can you live without this lash primer? Perhaps so. But after trying it, i know you would never want to be without it. Amazing stuff! Applied before mascara, don't need to wait or anything- the white stuff looks weird but disappears after you've applied your fave or not-so-fave mascara. I use less mascara too because of it. My lashes look denser, longer, just like doll lashes with this stuff- it's ridiculous (did i tell you i have super short straight lashes?). I have used it with bobbi brown, mac plush lash, and benefit bad gal-- it basically makes any mascara you have extra awesome. I noticed i have no falling/loose lashes throughout the day too!

on 8/20/2013 1:14:00 PM

This mascara base is just amazing. It preps your lashes and you can place them how you like without clumping them so when you come to apply your regular mascara, your lashes are perfectly placed. its a must-have!

on 8/20/2013 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I decided to buy this product after reading all the amazing reviews on it, and I am so glad I did!

To start off: I have short, sparse, thin, Asian lashes which point straight downward. So in a mascara I usually look for EVERYTHING.

My process: Curl lashes, one coat of Cils Booster XL, one coat of Maybelline Full n' Soft, recurl lashes, one more coat of Maybelline Full n' Soft

Curl: After curling my lashes, the Cils Booster XL actually makes them droop downward. For me, because my lashes are so light, the primer is just too heavy. However, at the end of the day, I notice that my lashes didn't lose as much curl as they normally do.

Length: This adds so much length to my lashes! Upon applying, it leaves extra white tips to my eyelashes, and my mascara coats around those white tips, leaving my lashes incredibly lengthened!

Volume: I don't notice an incredible amount of additional volume, but it does make a little difference. I find that since this primer adds so much length, I go for a volumizing mascara to put over it, and it's all good.

Separation: This primer really separates my lashes! And it makes my Full n' Soft go on much more easily and clump free.

In short, I absolutely love this primer! It's pricey, but I would repurchase it in a heartbeat because it can be used with any mascara (drugstore and high-end) to make my barely there lashes look incredible! If you love your lashes, you'll love this!

on 8/15/2013 6:08:00 PM

Really good product. I mainly use it to prime my lashes rather than using it as repair serum. I like this better than MAC's prep + prime because it helps add volume to my lashes when I put on mascara. The sales lady told me to put on mascara immediately after booster cils but I actually like to wait until it dries... which helps with adding volume. I am still on my first but will definitely re-buy.

on 8/8/2013 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

I adore this product. It's expensive but you can use pretty much any drugstore/high street mascara with it and your lashes will look so long and full. It's one of my staple products.

on 7/20/2013 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got this as a sample from Sephora and it is the best mascara primer ever. I've tried several others and nothing compares. Yes, it is pricey -- but you can wear any mascara and it will make your lashes longer and fuller.

on 7/19/2013 5:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

One of the best in mascara primers in the market! Plus primers are good for the health of eyelashes because mascara actually destroys quality of the lashes overtime.