Shiseido The Skincare Instant Eye and Lip Makeup Remover

3.9

on 8/31/2008 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got this as a sample, and I just don't like it. The smell and the consistency, and it doesnt seem to remove all my makeup..except for the shiseido mascara that I also recieved as a sample. I don't think I will ever buy this..I will stick to the big guns of my Vaseline...

on 8/14/2008 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This does a great job of removing my waterproof makeup and eyeliner. I just have to keep the cotton ball full of the remover on my lashes for several seconds and then watch the makeup dissolve away. It's definitely pricey. If I can, I try to use Purity (from Philosophy) to get most of my makeup off. But this definitely does its job. It does not leave an oily film on my skin. And I haven't had any issues about breaking on. My skin is sensitive and acne prone.

on 7/17/2008 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a good eye make-up remover (it better be for the price!) - I've tried other removers like Maybelline Expert Eyes and Neutrogena Oil-Free and I think this is the best one I've tried so far. It's a dual-liquid, but not greasy like Neutrogena's Oil-Free, and works better than Expert Eyes in my opinion. It removes waterproof mascara too - just put the cotton pad on top of your eye lid and hold it there for a bit and then wipe - the mascara should come off pretty easily after that. I took one lippie off because of the price - I would only buy this again if nothing else was cheaper and better.

on 7/12/2008 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

this is my first make up remover trial so i can't really compare it to others..

have been using this for 2 years and im loving it!

takes my eye makeup off INSTANTLY!!
doesn't irritate my eyes at all!!
perfectly safe for contact lens wearer..
i have sensitive eyes plus wearing lenses PLUS using this.. does not have any effect whatsoever..

its great!! i dont think i want to try another make up remover.. i'm too scared to seeing how good this is..

the only cons i can think of is you have to shake before you put it on the cotton pad.. its kinda annoying when i had to apply more on the cotton pad.. i had to stick the pad on top of it and shake or recap and shake.. gets annoying when you're sleepy and tired..

but that doesnt stop me from buying it..
will definitely repurchase..
packaging is great too!
my HG <3

on 7/6/2008 6:38:00 PM

I bought this products twice already and I do recommend this as it is a very good eye make up remove. It removes everything with one wipes.

It gets greasy so you make sure you rinse your eyes area with water, or simply apply some water on the cotton wool and wiped again.

make sure you shake your bottle!

on 6/8/2008 7:50:00 PM

It is expensive, but I think it works great. There is a trick to it. You must shake well before use and hold the saturated pad on the eye makeup for a few seconds for it to dissolve. It's really gentle on the eyes compared to Ponds and Neutrogena's makeup remover towelettes. I would purchase again.

on 4/19/2008 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this product to remove my waterproof mascara and it does a fantastic job. Remember to shake well before use. Put some on a cotton ball and let it sit on your lashes for a few seconds first for easier removal.

on 4/14/2008 6:06:00 PM

I don't know what all the bad rap on here is about. This absolutely the BEST makeup remover possible. All the other ones I've tried don't work as well as this one. It's a dual-phase remover that wipes off all your stubborn waterproof eye makeup and your lip gloss quite well without having to use too much force--which is great, especially around the eye area (don't want wrinkles there, now do we?). And after you're done, it doesn't feel oily--instead your skin feels nice and soft and well-hydrated to boot. Also, I'm a contact lens wearer and have really sensitive eyes and sometimes I jab the soaked cotton ball in my eye and it doesn't irritate me or anything. It's like I wouldn't have even known I accidentally wiped my eyeball. It's 33.00CAD, and, as with all my Shiseido skincare products, a staple. Repurchase? Duh. (By the way, have any of you noticed what is up with the new packaging for The Skincare? Bring the old bottles back!)

on 2/22/2008 2:03:00 PM

Not safe if you wear contacts. I was told it was safe to use, but developed allergic reaction that turned my eyes puffy and red. I would not advise anyone to buy this product although I do think Shiseido puts out good quality products out there.

on 2/5/2008 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I tried this in 2001 shortly after it the Skincare line first launched. I used it through 2003 and was very happy with the performance and value of this product. Then I quit wearing makeup since I worked from home 90% of the time. Back then it was called "Eye and Lip Makeup Remover" and had a curvier bottle, smaller product size (2.5oz), and a creamier, lotion-like texture.

I just finished off the last of an old bottle and was suprirsed by the new formula and package when I repurchased last month.

The size is now 4.2 oz and sells for $25 at Macy's. Instead of a thicker formula, this is now a dual-phase product -- more like an "oil and water" liquid that requires shaking to mix before use. It still has the same pleasant fragrance as the original.

The dispenser hasn't changed and is a little like an eye dropper bottle, allowing easy control of the product flow. I like this, as it prevents waste or over pouring. I don't like that this is now over 4oz, meaning I have to decant some before traveling with it by air. This is my biggest gripe about the product.

The new formula works as well as the old one, but the texture still throws me. I'm used to the original formula where a quick wipe and rub on each eye easily removed all traces of mascara. I had to adjust to this one and the need to soak my lashes, then gently swipe and rub.

Overall, I still prefer this product and package to many on the market and will continue to use and purchase this. However, I do wish they hadn't changed the size and formula. I miss the original.