October 25, 2014 | 1368 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Lipstick in Dolce Vita

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by iamjoelle

A neutral-pink shade that's like your natural lip color but better. The formula is creamy and non-drying. It is a bit pricey, but worth the money spent.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by teacoffeecocoa86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I like this lippie a lot, and that's basically because of the neutral shade. It's a "safe" shade, so you can wear it to an interview/appointment/school and it looks nice, your lips but better. I would repurchase this just because the shade is great for anywhere, anytime.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

There's a lot of hype around this lipstick, and I can see why. The formula is great - very smooth and moisturizing. The packing is typically sleek and practical NARS. As for the color, it's also of high quality. I would describe it as a straightforward, pinked-up brown minus any shimmer or frost...in other words, the perfect shade for those occasions when you need to play it safe (i.e., the office, job interviews) or when you simply have no idea what other lipstick to wear. Dolce Vita strikes me as a fantastic default lipstick, in other words. Unfortunately for me, however, my lips are so pigmented that it reads as a clear, very slight bit of gloss on my mouth. It's not unflattering, just simply non-existent. Some dark nude pencil and darker mauve gloss on top helps bring out some color, but I am of the opinion that any time I have to mess around with a lipstick so much, it's probably not meant for me in the first place. That said, I can picture Dolce Vita looking wonderful on a wide range of people. I won't repurchase, but I can understand why this would be an HG product for some.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by CiaraAinsley

Pros
-gorgeous, gorgeous, GORGEOUS shade
-works with all skin tones
-not scented/flavored (has a kind of fruit-loop-y scent and taste, but that's just the ingredients of the lipstick)
-subdued enough for work/school but works with more dramatic looks too
-moisturizing

Cons
-expensive
-wear time could be better (wears a couple hours on me- it's pretty good for a sheer shade but still)
-not enough product to last a super long time if you wear it every day. I've had mine a year, but I only wear it once a week or less.

Bottom line- if you're looking for an MLBB shade and don't mind paying for quality, this is the best of the best.

Bottom line- try it out!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by alextuthreefour

Great MLBB color for me! It is sheer, which is great because it looks really natural and juicy (can that word even be used to describe lip products...?) As always, I am a huuuuuge fan of NARS packaging. It is so sleek and simple! I'm not a fan of the price, however, and I will hunt down the more affordable dupe. Until then, I will be repurchasing this lipstick because I just can't seem to put it down! Lovely!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2012 4:38:00 AM More reviews by katiebaby87

For me, Nars Dolce Vita isn't anything special, but it's still a decent, safe lipstick to keep in your handbag for everyday use. I have very fair skin and prefer a soft, natural look for my 9-5 makeup, but nude/pale lipsticks always wash me out. DV warms up my complexion beautifully without looking too bright on my pale skin. It's also probably my only lipstick I apply straight from the tube; the formula makes it really easy to quickly apply without a brush or mirror handy.

The formula is somewhat drying though, and definitely not long lasting. At AUD $37 (my god we get ripped off in this country) it's crazily overpriced and 100% not worth the money. I picked mine up for half price online and will look for a cheaper dupe in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2012 8:42:00 AM More reviews by LuHu82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So, Nars Dolce Vita, I bought this on the strength of MUA reviews, online swatches and NARS reputation. I hadn't tried it in person as my nearest counter is a 2hr round trip away and so a pain to visit.

I am fair skinned, N15-20 (I am undecided on my undertone! I am fairly neutral leaning toward cool, I think.), assisted blonde (highlights) with dark brown eyes. My lips are naturally the same colour as the tube shade of Dolce Vita, however, once on my lips DV turns much pinker. It goes much more raspberry and somehow there are sheeny, tiny glittery particles visible in it that are not visible in the tube (it appears a totally matte, rosy nude in the tube). So I can't count this as a MLBB, unfortunately. The colour is just a shade too raspberry for me, though it is a nice, muted colour for days when bright shades feel a bit much.

It is pretty moisturising and the formulation is very smooth and comfortable to wear. I prefer MAC's cremesheen or Amplified formulas for staying power.

The price in the UK is 17.50 GBP (approx $27.50 USD at time of writing), which is reasonably expensive and 4 GBP ($6.20 USD) more than a MAC lipstick retails for here.

Given that 1) this colour isn't my MLBB, 2) MAC has a wider choice of shades, 3) I prefer their formulation and rather fortuitously their prices are considerably cheaper,
I won't rebuy from NARS and will look for my MLBB from the MAC range. If we could exchange MU in the UK (we can't for hygiene reasons), this would be going back.

Even though this review isn't exactly glowing, I've given this 4/5, though really it'd be a 3.5 / 5 if we could give halves, because the quality of the product overall is good, the colour just isn't perfect for me. The places I marked it down were price, moisturisation and wear time.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Bebe1963

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like Nars Orgasm rouge, this is still the best shade of natural-looking shade around for light-skinned girls. After years in the market, it hasn't been bested yet. Still the must-have shade for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow! This color is gorgeous! I have stayed away because of the price point, but I was at Sephora last week and the M/A gave me a sample and I couldn't resist buying it after wearing it for a couple of days. Just like everyone else says: MLBB color. The website describes it as a "sheer dusty rose," but I was afraid this would pull orange or brown and it doesn't. Others have described it as, "rosy-nude," which I think is completely accurate. It is a sheer finish lipstick and I think that's why this color/finish flatters both cool and warm tones.

I was concerned that there was less product because of the compact packaging, but Dolce Vita contains .12 oz/ 3.4 grams, which is the same amount Bobbi Brown lipsticks contain. I actually like the smaller packaging better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by DaniRN16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Semi-sheer beautiful rosy-nude color. I don't know what took me so long to try this but I am in LOVE! My favorite MLBB is Clarins Rose Shimmer and it runs a little pink. This is like a rosier-nude MLBB. It's moisturizing on my lips and I have really bad chapped lips but I can see myself using this without any problems. The only downside is that it will require frequent touch ups.